Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2014, 13:20   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport "Anniversary Edition" SUV

Just in, Pajero Sport 4 x 2 Autobox is scheduled to be launched on 15.11.2014. It will be priced cheaper than the current 4 x 4 manual variant which as of this morning has a 2.6 Lacs discount on OTR pricing.
manson is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 14:35   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Just in, Pajero Sport 4 x 2 Autobox is scheduled to be launched on 15.11.2014. It will be priced cheaper than the current 4 x 4 manual variant which as of this morning has a 2.6 Lacs discount on OTR pricing.
Which AT box is this going to be? Are the rest of the features going to be the same like the new ICE et all.
Old 30th October 2014, 14:47   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Which AT box is this going to be? Are the rest of the features going to be the same like the new ICE et all.
I have zero idea on Mitsubish nomenclature for their gearboxes, but its supposedly a five speed unit.
Considering the Pajero Sport very recently got a minor update in terms of ICE and exterior touches, I would not expect much to change in the AT updated unit.
Old 30th October 2014, 15:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

re: Pajero Sport Automatic coming in 2014-2015 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 23.55 lakh

The Fortuner 4X2 Auto is already doing wonders for Toyota from where it stands, even with the hefty price tag, with practically zero competition. Careful now HM, you've got an Ace in your hands with the Pajero 4X2 Auto - please play the Pricing card right!

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 30th October 2014 at 15:09.
9thsphinx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 22:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

re: Pajero Sport Automatic coming in 2014-2015 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 23.55 lakh

I am waiting for Pajero AT to show up. Although somehow the idea of a 4x2 for a "Pajero" moniker just sounds wrong! If there was a 4x4 Pajero, they would have a leg up on 4x2 Fortuner. With the rumor of 4x4 Fortuner AT doing the rounds, I am not sure about the success of 4x2 AT Pajero.
Old 31st October 2014, 22:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised if they even manage to sell units in single digits. Great products need greater customer confidence and even greater after sales service and parts availability promises. Other than an okay product, these guys have nothing. I would not touch this even from a telescopes view finder.

They have withdrawn so many models, some of their facilities are up for sale. Rings all the wrong bells.

A Fortuner is better when it comes to peace of mind.
Old 1st November 2014, 08:15   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I am surprised if they even manage to sell units in single digits. Great products need greater customer confidence and even greater after sales service and parts availability promises. Other than an okay product, these guys have nothing. I would not touch this even from a telescopes view finder.
Off late the number of Pajero sports on the road has really gone up. I can spot so many of them compared to the past. Ofcourse it is no Toyota fortuner but then the Pajero has its own lineage and fan following.

Regarding the company, well even with only a handful of sales, they are still managing to be in the market for the last decade.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 10:09   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
It will have the INVECS-II 5 speed AT that the Montero has worldwide with paddle shifters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
I am waiting for Pajero AT to show up.
The Delhi launch is on the 15th instant. This will be followed by regional/city launches across 15 cities.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 10:42   #24
BHPian

Thats right, I can confirm that the Delhi launch is expected to be on 15th Nov, followed by launches in all cities within the next couple of weeks.

Interestingly, the Bangalore dealer does not have any additional discounts running at this time (unlike Manson's report of discounts in Mumbai). In fact, they believe the prices of the existing Pajero Sport (manual 4x4) will be raised by approximately a lakh after the AT is introduced. Either which ways, a good time to buy Pajero Sport if you like one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
It will have the INVECS-II 5 speed AT that the Montero has worldwide with paddle shifters.

The Delhi launch is on the 15th instant. This will be followed by regional/city launches across 15 cities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
This is hearsay, of course - but I understand that the Bangalore dealer has sold about 30 Pajero Sports last month. And I can vouch for the fact that there are multiple Pajero Sports sightings in Bangalore now; seems like the enthusiasts are back!

Last edited by DerAlte : 4th November 2014 at 12:04. Reason: Please edit first post instead of creating another back-to-back
Old 4th November 2014, 11:07   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
And I can vouch for the fact that there are multiple Pajero Sports sightings in Bangalore now; seems like the enthusiasts are back!
Why did you quote me here?

Coming to the roads, yes, I too see a lot of Pajero Sports at Bangalore these days and discounts too are minimal to the tune of INR 40K.

I really hope that the enthusiasts are back.
Old 4th November 2014, 11:11   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Why did you quote me here?

Coming to the roads, yes, I too see a lot of Pajero Sports at Bangalore these days and discounts too are minimal to the tune of INR 40K.

I really hope that the enthusiasts are back.
That was me, trying to learn 'multi-quote' option here! I didn't realize I had quoted your thread as well. Well, at least it got you to respond, which is always a good thing~!

In a maybe selfish way, its a bit reassuring to hear of less discounts than more - seems to confirm that the vehicle is doing well!
Old 15th November 2014, 18:05   #27
Team-BHP Support

Mitsubishi Motors India has launched a two-wheel drive version of the Pajero Sport SUV with an automatic gearbox. It is positioned below the 4x4 manual variant and is priced at Rs. 23.55 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Last edited by Aditya : 15th November 2014 at 18:12.
Aditya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 18:54   #28
BANNED

Re: Pajero Sport Automatic coming in 2014-2015 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 23.55 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Mitsubishi Motors India has launched a two-wheel drive version of the Pajero Sport SUV with an automatic gearbox. It is positioned below the 4x4 manual variant and is priced at Rs. 23.55 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Your article says"Mitsubishi is already lagging far behind Toyota due to a sparse dealer network. With a price significantly higher than that of the Fortuner, the Pajero Sport automatic will have a difficult time catching up with its rival."

How is INR 23.55 lac significantly higher than INR 23.25 lac?

I have put the official Toyota price list for your reference below.

http://www.toyotabharat.com/inen/forms/price_list.aspx
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 19:12   #29
BHPian

Re: Pajero Sport Automatic coming in 2014-2015 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 23.55 lakh

Can some one tell me why has the torque been brought down from 400Nm to 350Nm?
If anything it should be equal to or higher than the manual.
Mithsubishi sure has its work cut out catching up the Fortune with a higher price and sparse dealer network.
Old 15th November 2014, 19:37   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Your article says"Mitsubishi is already lagging far behind Toyota due to a sparse dealer network. With a price significantly higher than that of the Fortuner, the Pajero Sport automatic will have a difficult time catching up with its rival."

How is INR 23.55 lac significantly higher than INR 23.25 lac?

I have put the official Toyota price list for your reference below.

http://www.toyotabharat.com/inen/forms/price_list.aspx
Yes you are right , the article needs to be amended as 23.55 has been misquoted as 22.55 (I believe prices are ex showroom delhi)and the subsequent line leads to a different opinion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks