Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2014, 12:55   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda @ Auto Expo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypsoGT View Post
Am i the only one who noticed that the Octavia is missing ?
There's a pic of the white Octavia, second last photo in last post.

There was nothing new with the recently launched Octy.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 12:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypsoGT View Post
Am i the only one who noticed that the Octavia is missing ?
Picture No:8 in post 2 of .Anshuman clearly shows an Octavia.
Old 7th February 2014, 14:10   #18
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Considering Skoda wants to start selling this from September, I'm surprised as well that they don't have a close-to-production ready model to display. I did believe Skoda will put the new Outdoor Yeti model with localised parts and stuff. I wonder why with about 7 months to go for the new Yeti, they aren't able to display a localised model made for India.

No surprises there. Skoda never said they'll be unveiling a small car, so why the surprise? They don't have anything currently now so don't expect anything soon either.
Bud, The Yeti is already available in UK, with Right hand drive and with English language MID. They could have bought it from there. I really do not understand why this particular brand tries to mess all their acts. Their showrooms & advisers are a mess (Saying on my personal experience). Service is atrocious (Based on what people say.)

If they are really serious, then they would have picked the correct model and bought it. This clearly shows their laziness. Also, 60+ % of the world people drive RHD cars. And UK is one of them. Skoda might have presence in other RHD countries too. So selecting isn't a big problem for them. But they didn't.

VAG considers skoda to be inferior to VW brand cars. If VW has a hatch back in their portfolio, then one would expect the same to be in its inferior brand's portfolio too. At least this is what i expected.

Yeah, Regarding a small hatch, i agree that they haven't said anything in advance. But it doesn't mean that they shouldn't. There is always enough room to surprise. MS did it Celerio on second or third day of expo (typo) why not with skoda?

Hatches are the most important products for any brand in India. If you see, even Merc's & BMW's started entering into this segment. Just the sheer volumes ensures their financials flowing. But, Skoda is ignoring this segment. I hope Skoda is the only brand which doesn't have a hatch (Exceptions being Audi & Amby, and Mitsubishi)

Old 7th February 2014, 14:18   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Yeah, Regarding a small hatch, i agree that they haven't said anything in advance. But it doesn't mean that they shouldn't.
Skoda Auto chalks out new strategy for growth, targets 4-5 % share by 2020

Quote:
Skoda reveals taht the all new Fabia, which will be launched at the Paris Motor Show later in the year will be again part of the reckoning and the company is also considering its global SUV which is under development, may make its way into India
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/29984160.cms

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th February 2014 at 14:23.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 14:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Good looking cars out there, but sorry Skoda, I am not touching your cars anytime in the near future! The cars really really ooze quality
inside out and look very premium. The only odd-man-out in the display looks to be the rapid. I wish they really sort out the problems they have on their hand on priority before bringing anything new.
Old 7th February 2014, 14:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
VAG considers skoda to be inferior to VW brand cars. If VW has a hatch back in their portfolio, then one would expect the same to be in its inferior brand's portfolio too. At least this is what i expected.

Yeah, Regarding a small hatch, i agree that they haven't said anything in advance. But it doesn't mean that they shouldn't. There is always enough room to surprise. MS did it Celerio on second or third day of expo (typo) why not with skoda?

Hatches are the most important products for any brand in India. If you see, even Merc's & BMW's started entering into this segment. Just the sheer volumes ensures their financials flowing. But, Skoda is ignoring this segment. I hope Skoda is the only brand which doesn't have a hatch (Exceptions being Audi & Amby, and Mitsubishi)
I don't necessarily with the anology or expectation (both not making sense to me), but that's your expectation, so I'll leave it at that.

It's not that Skoda did not have a hatchback. They did until mid of last year. The market didn't want to take a superior hatchback for the price it was selling. So they withdrew. So complaints when there is and complaints when there isn't.

I don't know/can't understand what category Mahindra Verito falls into, but if it isn't a hatchback, then add Mahindra to that list of brands which doesn't have a hatchback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Skoda Auto chalks out new strategy for growth, targets 4-5 % share by 2020.
Given Skoda has been in India for a little over 10 years now, they've not been able to manage consistently 1% marketshare. 4%-5% in within the next 6 years, also taking into account Skoda's current policies in dealing with Customers and their service attitude, is nothing but a pipe dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Good looking cars out there, but sorry Skoda, I am not touching your cars anytime in the near future! The cars really really ooze quality
inside out and look very premium. The only odd-man-out in the display looks to be the rapid. I wish they really sort out the problems they have on their hand on priority before bringing anything new.
Here is a reason why their 4%-5% is going to be highly unachievable.

Last edited by k_ajay : 7th February 2014 at 15:02.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 17:46   #22
gemi_kk

Quote:
I don't necessarily with the anology or expectation (both not making sense to me), but that's your expectation, so I'll leave it at that.

It's not that Skoda did not have a hatchback. They did until mid of last year. The market didn't want to take a superior hatchback for the price it was selling. So they withdrew. So complaints when there is and complaints when there isn't.

I don't know/can't understand what category Mahindra Verito falls into, but if it isn't a hatchback, then add Mahindra to that list of brands which doesn't have a hatchback.
Yes, seriously I was expecting a hatch from them. And a hatch is very much necessary for any manufacturer in india. I think, Hatches bring volumes and volumes keep money flowing. If money is flowing, dealers are happy and the company too is earning something from them. On behalf of these, it keeps adding good will. This is very much necessary to keep everyone happy, especially in markets like ours.

If the market is not accepting your product, then there is a problem with your product or it is with you. So, Skoda must try to address it. If you ask me why mini is not selling not even half of what i20 sells, then i cant say. Pricing is the key when you are selling in price sensitive markets. This is where they failed. By the time they corrected their mistake, It was too late.

Dear, Mahindra has Reva in their Kitty.

Old 8th February 2014, 00:06   #23
BHPian

Can't stop drooling at the pics... My future replacement for our yeti!
Old 8th February 2014, 07:07   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The Yeti looks amazing in its new Avatar. Do you think they will bring it in anytime soon?

I like the trays on the front seat-backs.

Interesting stuff. And even the pictures ooze quality.

Perhaps one day when my SilverLittleBigFoot is ready to retire, I can consider this one...
Old 8th February 2014, 09:11   #25
Team-BHP Support

Loved the all-black dashboard and the panoramic sunroof on the Yeti!

The old Rapid appears to be the only car that sticks out like a sore thumb from Skoda’s stall. I thought they might unveil the new Rapid but didn’t happen. The upcoming Rapid looks hot!

Skoda @ Auto Expo 2014-skoda_rapid_paris_vw_group_night_004.jpg

Skoda @ Auto Expo 2014-20120926paris_201401230429.jpg
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2014, 10:15   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The Yeti looks amazing in its new Avatar. Do you think they will bring it in anytime soon?
Launch expected this Festive Season ( Oct/Nov) .

Cheers!
Old 8th February 2014, 11:18   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
No changes to the boot compartment.
The floor seems to sit lower - you can see the rear seat's railing in this one, which you cannot in the current version. Overall looks quite good, though I hate the standardised VW look in the front.

Time to remap my TDI to the 178 bhp version, change the brakes to Brembos and the headlamps to bixenons.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2014, 16:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Really love the facelifted Yeti. The round headlamps and the distinctive cut of the rear door was not quite to my liking. The new Yeti cleans that up and looks fantastic. If it comes in the 170bhp guise it would be a terrific car.

However I am all at sea with regards to Skoda - with such a superb product line-up how do you manage to screw up sales with such a rubbish service approach?

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 8th February 2014, 19:30   #29
BHPian

Quote:

Considering Skoda wants to start selling this from September, I'm surprised as well that they don't have a close-to-production ready model to display. I did believe Skoda will put the new Outdoor Yeti model with localised parts and stuff. I wonder why with about 7 months to go for the new Yeti, they aren't able to display a localised model made for India
Exactly!!! This statements nails it!!! These guys supposedly don't road test there offerings. Or may be it's only me who has not seen any mules from Skoda.
Passiautonate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 16:42   #30
BHPian

Really underwhelmed to read that the new Yeti still lacks the automatic option. Such a nice package would have been greatly helped by availability of an auto option.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks