Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2014, 09:38   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford @ Auto Expo 2014

Are those disc brakes for the rear wheels of the Figo sedan?

Probably they are just dummy for the ‘concept’ version. I doubt if the 17” alloys would make it as well. The alloys look smashing regardless!

Ford should have considered changing the new Fiesta’s rear. Looks pathetic IMO! The Aston Martin'ish front looks great.

Quote:
One sticker particularly stood out on the door:

Thank you for the coverage!
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 09:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Ford Fiesta facelift:

- Engine options remain unchanged i.e. 1.5L Petrol (MT and AT) and 1.5L Diesel MT. Sadly no Ecoboost for the Fiesta.

Interiors changes include auto headlamps and auto wipers. Interiors weren't permitted but seen here is the sensor on the windshield for the same:
to hear that we wont get Ecoboost for the Fiesta, Thailand gets this though.
I have driven a Ford Fusion with 2.0-liter EcoBoost you don't believe that it is just a 2 liter pot doing the work.

Also a big clap for making Figo Sedan as the best proportionate sedan ever seen on sub 4m category, at least in picture from every angle.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford @ Auto Expo 2014-fiesta-ecoboost.jpg  

treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 10:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Ford Fiesta facelift:

High Points:
- Facelift includes changes to bumpers, headlamps and tail lamps.
- Interior remains unchanged except for new features like auto headlamps and auto wipers.
Any idea when this facelifted Fiesta would be launched? Would there be any price correction?
Old 7th February 2014, 10:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

I love the Aston Martin front - hopefully will get to see that on the upcoming Figo as well!

One sore point of the Fiesta were the tail lamps. I don't see anything changed there. The front has changed - but the front was always sharp and good looking anyway. Missed opportunity.

No new Endeavor? Whatever happened to the news that Ford was bringing in the Expedition?
Old 7th February 2014, 11:10   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I am eagerly looking at the face lifted Fiesta. Hope Ford has updated the interior and not continued with the Nokia facia. The alloys do look very bland and old.
I guess it will be the same. I don’t remember seeing any change in the recently launched facelift in Malaysia.
Old 7th February 2014, 11:44   #21

I think if they price the Figo sedan appropriately, it would give a tough competition to Swift Dzire.

Also, I wish that Spiderman Ecosport version would have launched before i purchased my GT TDI. Seeing the current traffic conditions in Bengaluru, i would have loved to drive on walls than on streets.
Old 7th February 2014, 11:44   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Its a little surprising that products lower in Ford's portfolio are coming with the EcoBoost engine (i.e. EcoSport) or are being spoken of with the EcoBoost (i.e. the Figo Sedan), but the Fiesta sedan doesn't seem to be getting that engine, and has to make to with a tamer 1.5L.
Old 7th February 2014, 12:48   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Nice facelift indeed. And loved the paint job on the display car.
They should have done some updates to second-class rear seat. Along with that I hope they have not made any changes to the drive characteristics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I am eagerly looking at the face lifted Fiesta. Hope Ford has updated the interior and not continued with the Nokia facia. The alloys do look very bland and old.
I have updated the Fiesta post with shots of the interiors as well. Check them out.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 14:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
So there wasnt any new launches this year by Ford then. I for one believe that the earlier Fiesta front was the best for the car. With the new Ecosport influenced front, the whole beauty of the Fiesta is destroyed. The styling doesnt gel at all. Add to that no interior changes, Ford has continued with the market dud..
+1 to your views. The 2nd gen Fiesta's narrow grill was a real looker. It was only the rear that was awkward and it continues to be so.

I wish they'd improved the door trim at the rear, or at least brought it to the level of the 1st gen Sxi. Further, I am not sure if they've set right those ugly hinges on the rear arm rest, and if they've set its level right to match with the door arm rests.
Old 7th February 2014, 16:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

I just got a call from Metro Ford (from 2 branches) Bangalore since I enquired about the new Fiesta. They said they do not have stock of the new Fiesta as they have not received fresh stock from factory this year.

Does this mean that the facelifted Fiesta would be launched soon? Do not understand the reason for delay. The ecosport diesel has a waiting period of 14 months.
Old 7th February 2014, 19:44   #26
BHPian

The Figo-based compact sedan looks excellent. I'm expecting it to have same engine options as the ecosport. I won't be surprised if the prices are slightly lower than Ecosport. It would be interesting to see if this car can cannibalize sales of Ecosport.
Old 7th February 2014, 21:49   #27
BHPian

The Ford offerings for the first time in its Indian history looks complete.
Figo or its new replacement followed by the Figo Sedan, then the EcoSport, and the facelifted Fiesta.
Really happy to see the Fiesta in its New avatar, looks great from the exterior and much much better interiors.
Its only a matter of Ford getting its production house in order, localizing and pricing the cars right.
Old 7th February 2014, 22:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

Was the any news on Endeavour? I was expecting this one this year and the announcement at the Expo.
It didn't change much for a decade, and the one is very much anticipated.
Old 8th February 2014, 09:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Was expecting the facia from the Fiesta hatch in the UK. They have swapped the Nokia buttons for rectangle ones and it looks cleaner.

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Fiesta/Design#tab2

But this is not bad. The piano black finish looks much better than the silver. And the 2 tone colour scheme is whitish grey like from the earlier A-star right? Don't think that's beige. Thanks for sharing!
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2014, 10:05   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
+1 to your views. The 2nd gen Fiesta's narrow grill was a real looker. .
Exactly. It was the Fiesta's rear thar required changing, not the front. I would have been even happier if if they had launched the Fiesta hatch with the older front look. It looks really good. This new front, to me, looks like a fish with its mouth wide open.
That said the new front looks good on the Figo sedan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks