Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2014, 17:20   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen @ Auto Expo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchup View Post
No Passat? Guess its not expected back!!
I was told they did have one on display. If that's true, I might have missed it!

cya
R
Old 10th February 2014, 23:42   #32
BHPian

Guys any update on the vento facelift? I'm about to put some money down on the vento tsi and wanted to check if the facelift is due anytime soon.
Old 11th February 2014, 00:07   #33
Team-BHP Support

Here's a pic of how the Taigun's boot opens. Quite unique I must say and solves the problem of parked close to a wall at the back when dumping shopping bags.

Volkswagen @ Auto Expo 2014-vwtaigundelhi201404.jpg
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 10:34   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKap View Post
Guys any update on the vento facelift? I'm about to put some money down on the vento tsi and wanted to check if the facelift is due anytime soon.
I heard it was due in May 2014, add a couple of months to that for delivery (easily for Tsi) and you are looking at Aug-Sep 2014 and then you start thinking about why not a 2015 VIN when you are so close to the end of the year .

So as of now it does look like a long wait. More importantly from what I've read and heard the facelift seem minimal. The contours remain the same, No engine changes and some cosmetic changes on the inside. Have a read here.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/autoexpo...led_64948.html

Disclaimer: I booked a Tsi in Nov -13 and still await delivery.

May be some one else can clarify. Don't manufacturers take advantage of events like Auto Expo to showcase their facelifts? If indeed then can one read anything into VWs action of not showcasing polo/vento facelift here, atleast in terms of overall look and design of the facelift. Or Am i just mumbling and the OEMs just launch the facelifts whenever they damn well please

Last edited by Shortsell : 11th February 2014 at 10:40. Reason: A query.
Old 11th February 2014, 11:02   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Vento facelift is not spoken of and dont expect to see in the near future. Polo facelift will come by second half of 2014.

What you can expect from the Vento, would with the 1.5TDI for India. Later a spin off of this would a sub 4m ' car' segment that VW is looking at.

Absolutely no change is speculated in the TSI ( facelifts would be cosmetic). Goahead with the TSI, if it satisfies your requirement.

Cheers!
Old 11th February 2014, 11:56   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Vento facelift is not spoken of and dont expect to see in the near future. Polo facelift will come by second half of 2014.

What you can expect from the Vento, would with the 1.5TDI for India. Later a spin off of this would a sub 4m ' car' segment that VW is looking at.

Absolutely no change is speculated in the TSI ( facelifts would be cosmetic). Goahead with the TSI, if it satisfies your requirement.

Cheers!
I was going back and forth between the city and the Vento. However, the City has a ridiculous waiting time of 8 months and I already have the 3rd gen City. I was about to book the Vento yesterday till it hit me that a facelift is due on the Polo and the Vento will follow shortly.
Old 11th February 2014, 12:53   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was about to book the Vento yesterday till it hit me that a facelift is due on the Polo and the Vento will follow shortly.
If there is a facelift coming in Vento, it would be in this festive season ( Oct- Nov). But it is a mere speculation.

Cheers!
Old 11th February 2014, 14:20   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Here's a pic of how the Taigun's boot opens. Quite unique I must say and solves the problem of parked close to a wall at the back when dumping shopping bags.
Could not understand..

Can only the upper glass portion be opened to dump shopping bags? If so, will parcel tray not obstruct accessibility?
Old 11th February 2014, 15:04   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Could not understand..

Can only the upper glass portion be opened to dump shopping bags? If so, will parcel tray not obstruct accessibility?
Yeah. Many cars like the old Tucson and the M class have this provision. Rather than whole boot the glass can be opened to dump shopping bags in tight parking spaces.

The parcel tray is usually folding/rolling type so does not even interfere or the parcel tray will also lift up with the glass.

Quite convenient. I think Captiva also has this but not completely sure.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 17:01   #40
BHPian

Very nice pics and coverage SIR. Was just reading about the smashing success the Taigun has been in other countries. Another car that i thought that VW would showcase was Tiguan which would be pitched against the Fortuner. The Tiguan also seems to be fantastic car.
Old 13th February 2014, 09:32   #41
BHPian

Very nive pics there. I also really wish they bring the Tiguan to India soon. I have a vento and love the solid feeling of the car, and given a choice, would love to have my next car be a VW Suv.

And yes, even though it's doscontinued now, the current passat was on display at expo, though i don't understand why.
Old 13th February 2014, 12:52   #42
BHPian

Hi,
Super write up and photos of the Taigun. Does it come with an Auto box too ??
Regards,
Naval
Old 14th February 2014, 00:44   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Fixed head-rests. Wait, what's that in the background? Butterfly windows? I'm calling shotgun!
Attachment 1202688
Nice photos and review. Thanks!

Interiors, mainly dash is not to my taste. Looks similar to the MUV designs of 90's. Looks like VW is in a mood to contest with Ford, as far as interior color combination is concerned...

Only 2 power window buttons on the driver side door. Also no power window button in the rear door..

Ford started the trend by providing only manual rear windows on Figo. Now VW is all set to launch a 10L+ car with a Butterfly window!! Can't imagine a car with rear windows, which does not go down!!!

Overall, an excellent package. Will be a success when launched.
Old 14th February 2014, 13:30   #44
Senior - BHPian

Shes a looker the Taigun is , i did manage to see it in person as well and was impressed and satisfied with everything that was on display , exteriors and interiors included. What finally gets onto the road is another story all - together but definitely a promising direction.
Old 12th March 2014, 15:45   #45
BHPian

VW definitely needs new cars in India, the Polo & Vento are rather dated now. Good to know that there will be an affordable mini SUV out shortly, I may be in the market for this one. Does this mean that something similar will be offered by Skoda & Audi as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks