Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2014, 19:17   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti @ Auto Expo 2014

The Ciaz is really something, the rear seems to inspired from the Lexus sedans and some design elements are a leaf out of German cars but still quite eye catching, seems like a good replacement for the Kizashi or to rival the Elantra.
Old 8th February 2014, 19:44   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
seems like a good replacement for the Kizashi or to rival the Elantra.
Though it looks in league of Kizashi, Ciaz is supposed to be SX4 replacement : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ls-leaked.html
Old 8th February 2014, 19:55   #18
BHPian

Hope the swift sport is launched here. Would love to own it if it is indeed launched. Maruti peace of mind + fun to drive non turbo petrol. Though am a fan of turbo charged engines, the NA engines have a different kind of connect and this might be one of those rare cars which offer almost everything an enthusiast wants. C'mon Maruti (or Suzuki I should say ) please launch the swift sport in India. It's a safer bet over a Polo TSi +DSG any day.
Old 8th February 2014, 20:57   #19
BHPian

Oh! Poor showing. Nothing to excite me at least.
Chiaaz looks cool, but don't think the production version would be anywhere near. The snazzy wheel rims, and the black windows will be gone, and it will again be another chrome filled classic. This would bang heads with the Corolla, I presume, and Maruti from which I know, would not want to play this game in India.

Otherwise, showing off an Omni, (which in another thread would have scored -5 for safety), a moded Gypsy, and a few DC like designs. Cmon Maruti, we deserve more from you. I have cried this for a few times, and will continue in vain.

The Celerio with AMT, boasting of 23Kmpl with a ribbed roof. Did someone crash test this? Or, did the just sneak it in? I remember, our old Omni on highways was wobbling on another vehicle moving past, and I fear the same with all Marutis.

Also, there was this vehicle called 'Saffire' a 90 cc scooter before the Activa came by.
They did try something similar to an AMT, and this scooter had 3 gears that would change automatically. It was a revolution of sorts, and initially did really well. It was way better than the Kinetic Honda, and being a 4stroker, was fuel efficient too. BUt the problems began a few yaers after its launch. The auto gearbox was losing parts, and the spares were costly to come by. And a few more years, the service guy refused to service the vehicle. One fine day, my father pushed it a few Kilometers back home, and finally had to sell it off for Rs:500. I'm sure the buyer would have yet cursed me for having lost his 500Rs.
Celerio and Maruti with their cost cutting production methods would be a very 'very' 'very' risky buy. Go for the MT, I would suggest, for any lovers of this 'Gawky' car
vinya_jag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2014, 21:22   #20
BHPian

+1 to Vinya_jag.

A very poor show indeed. Only one model, Celerio which was launched (in fact it was soft launched before the Expo). All other models either concept or in deciding stage. I thought MUL was sure to bring in the SX4 Cross, but now i hear they are still deciding.
And the modded cars look like teens were used to design the mods. Extremely unprofessional
Old 9th February 2014, 12:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
Oh! Poor showing.
Celerio and Maruti with their cost cutting production methods would be a very 'very' 'very' risky buy. Go for the MT, I would suggest, for any lovers of this 'Gawky' car
I doubt any other manufacturer in India, who apparently do no cost costing, produces more reliable and serviceable cars than Maruti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
+1 to Vinya_jag.

A very poor show indeed. Only one model, Celerio which was launched (in fact it was soft launched before the Expo). All other models either concept or in deciding stage. I thought MUL was sure to bring in the SX4 Cross, but now i hear they are still deciding.
And the modded cars look like teens were used to design the mods. Extremely unprofessional
Maruti was one of the best car exhibit in this expo. Most were just showcasing their products which are already in production or which would never come to India. Skoda, VW, Toyota, Fiat had nothing attractive to offer. Modded cars were, in fact, refreshing in person.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2014, 22:33   #22
BHPian

It's nice to see Maruti acknowledge Gypsy with a customized version. If they could revise suspension and maybe add one of the Fiat diesels, I am sure there will be lot of renewed interest in Gypsy as a niche vehicle. I prefer it over Thar or Gurkha simply for the way it looks.

Since GTO specifically posted a photo of it, is there anything new about the front suspension? I am not an expert, my apologies if that is a stupid question.

The Ciaz concept seriously looks good, this is what a sedan should look like. I am personally tired of all the quirky looking sedans in the market lately. Suzuki seems to be on the right path with their design language this time, compared to the Kizashi concept from few years ago.
CarCynic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2014, 23:15   #23
BHPian

To me, two most exciting stalls look like Maruti and Tata.

The SX4-cross, I think should make it to the showrooms.
And, to me as a potential buyer who has liked Ertiga, but still playing waiting game; Maruti - bring on the Ertiga with AMT.

But the thunder pics for me (and in real if it's launched) is Swift 1.6.

Big to Maruti.

But, why Omni and Eeco; we all know the "state of the art safety" aspects of these bread-boxes.
Old 10th February 2014, 08:10   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Maruti was one of the best car exhibit in this expo. Most were just showcasing their products which are already in production or which would never come to India. Skoda, VW, Toyota, Fiat had nothing attractive to offer. Modded cars were, in fact, refreshing in person.
On the modded cars, taste differs from person to person. Other MUL cars on display, were there any specific dates or for that matter any surety they will be launched?

I was very much interested in the SX4 S-Cross and ACI Dec 2013 edition mentioned that it would launch around Diwali 2014. But now hearing MUL is still deciding whether to bring this or not I need to upgrade my Swift around Q2 of 2015.

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 10th February 2014 at 08:17.
hyper-VTEC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 11:33   #25
BHPian

I am on the same boat as @hyper-VTEC. Need to upgrade my swift. Timeframe is around Q2-Q3 this year.
Liked the Sx4 S Cross, but Honda's Mobilio seems to get my attention as well.
But, how will both these be placed and priced ?
Honda seems to be interested in positioning Mobilio against Ertiga. If its the case, then they have to be pretty aggressive in pricing. But comparing the engines (1.3 Vs 1.5) and also the space vis a vis Ertiga, I doubt it will be possible for Honda to price it anywhere near Ertiga.
On the other hand, how will Maruti Price SX4 S Cross ? They already have a good selling Ertiga in their stable, and am sure, they would not like to disturb it. Meaning, SX4 S Cross would be defeintely in the 12-13Lacs and above.

Would be interesting to see this pricing, positioning Japanese war around mid year.
Old 10th February 2014, 11:56   #26
BHPian

Gypsy Escapade is stunning.Hope they get it to customers,and Swift sport too.Gypsy with a little tech will grab a lot of market that is currently dominated by Mahindra Thar/Bolero.
Old 10th February 2014, 13:12   #27
BHPian

Thanks GTO (and Team BHP team) for taking us to Auto Expo

GTO (and Team BHP team) - Great job on coverage of the show. Awesome.

I like Maruti's show: Swift sport, SX4 - Cross and Ciaz look good in multiple aspects. Thanks for sharing the Wagon-R pictures. Liked it.

Celerio pricing is a let down. Wonder how many will choose Celerio over Wagon R (updated version), at the current price tag!

Thanks for taking us through the Expo.
Old 10th February 2014, 14:01   #28
BHPian

What happened to the Swift update (with cruise control) & other new features? Any updates on Ritz planned by Maruti or will it now die a slow death?
Old 10th February 2014, 19:52   #29
BHPian

THe celerio is seriously overpriced. The pricing would have been apt if they had provided the K12M instead of the K-next. I doubt if they have tweaked the K10B as the power and toque figures remain same and that too at the same rpms. The K10B was infamous for its poor NVH and low end torque. A Team-BHP official review can clarify this.
Old 10th February 2014, 23:48   #30
BANNED

I bet on the Swift Sport and SX4 Cross. If these two make it to the showroom then god bless the competition.

Maruti - You could have showcased a Red/Blue Swift Sport in 1.6L DDiS engine as the diesel engine was also in our feedback that you were reading to which you responded with the Yellow Sport. Now get down to work, will you?!

SX4 cross if priced rightly and feature-full version should sell well with the 90PS DDiS engine.

I will wait for further details on Ciaz as it still is in concept condition. Hope the design remains the same.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks