The Mahindra KOMODO concept SUV!

The Mahindra KOMODO concept SUV!-mahindra-komodo85.jpg

The Mahindra KOMODO concept SUV!-mahindra-komodo95.jpg

The Mahindra KOMODO concept SUV!-mahindra-komodo105.jpg

The Mahindra KOMODO concept SUV!-mahindra-komodo115.jpg

The Mahindra KOMODO concept SUV!-mahindra-komodo65.jpg

The Mahindra KOMODO concept SUV!-mahindra-komodo15.jpg

The Mahindra KOMODO concept SUV!-mahindra-komodo45.jpg

The Komodo is the work of aspiring Indian designer and IED Torino graduate, Makrand Patil.

Here's what Patil told us about the concept;

Quote:
"What I present is an SUV built for the Indian Market. The user could be anyone from a young to a mid-age individual who is in his own business or could just be a son, a family guy to a sport enthusiast."

"The built of the car is big, strong, rugged and luxurious at the same time. Perfect for the Indian terrain. The vehicle can be used anywhere form silky smooth highways to steep gradients, big drops and deep water. Focusing more on its off-roading abilities, a true 4x4 vehicle that a whole family can enjoy."

"This SUV has been designed considering most of the brand attributes of Mahindra. The brand sets a benchmark of Capability, Authenticity in design and function. It specializes in Durability and Reliability for the Indian market having a justified evolution."

"My dream was to combine the authentic Mahindra DNA with its more evolved ones and make the Ultimate Mahindra. The Mahindra KOMODO."
Source
karan561 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 12:32   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Mahindra KOMODO concept SUV!

Nice concept but looks more like a car with jacked up suspensions rather than a SUV.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 12:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

That looks more like on the lines of DC Customization !!

Nevertheless, very aggressive looks. Hopefully it makes a decent entry into the production line with a decent engine to appeal to the masses, unless they want it as a powerhouse performer.

What's with Tata these days ? Mahindra dishing out agressive vehicles. Tata, still trying to sell Sumo Gold ?
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 12:45   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I love it, lets hope M&M green light this

With what design revolution they did with the XUV 500, i believe they can do similar wonder with this.

Looks like a home grown X6 killer
Old 20th February 2014, 12:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

Looks aggressive and in your face. Hopefully the production version does not see too much variation from the concept that is being shown.
Old 20th February 2014, 13:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra really makes me proud about being from the same country While I would love for this to be given the green light for production, I do however hope that the styling on the production version will have matured. What I learned about Mahindra's design department is that they get too carried away with sticking to the theme. So carried away infact that the XUV turned out to be a little too much for a lot of people. Hope they don't take the komodo thing too seriously just like they did the cheetah.

Such themes can be chosen for inspiration or to get a designer started on something. They can to an extent even dictate the shape of the design a bit and even some of the flourishes but then the designer must never forget that they are making a car in the process. That's all :P
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 13:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

X-6 lookalike, probably lesser body roll than other Indian SUVs, car-like handling to certain extent but what's going to come out as a production version is anybody's guess.

While I like the overall profile I'd also hope that they don't get carried away with the theme because I don't like to drive the Cheetah already out there and I'd most certainly not want to drive a Komodo dragon!

Oh and please get rid of the teeth, think of the poor car wash guy!
Old 20th February 2014, 14:02   #8
Senior - BHPian

Wow, this looks RUDDY BRILLIANT. I mean, this should be launched as it is, India needs a new segment and this will be an amazing one to have.
Old 20th February 2014, 14:11   #9
BHPian

In the pictures is the car really moving or they are photo shopped. The wind tunnel picture looks legit but I do not know. Experts?

What are the chances Mahindra launching the production car quite similar to the concept?

The other problem is all said and done how much will Mahindra focus on reliability than only in your face looks?

By the way, the concept looks amazing. Really Proud of the only relevant Indian Vehicle manufacturer in the non commercial space.
eq24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 14:17   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
In the pictures is the car really moving or they are photo shopped. The wind tunnel picture looks legit but I do not know. Experts?

What are the chances Mahindra launching the production car quite similar to the concept?

The other problem is all said and done how much will Mahindra focus on reliability than only in your face looks?

By the way, the concept looks amazing. Really Proud of the only relevant Indian Vehicle manufacturer in the non commercial space.
I don't think any of the pics are real world - other than the W-I-P clay model. If you look closely, you will be able to make out the wind tunnel pic is more 'animation like' than the real thing.

About the car, good to see M&M going from strength to strength and focusing on their core competency.

EDIT: Even the clay one is fake. The original pic below -
The Mahindra KOMODO concept SUV!-clay.jpg

Last edited by Dry Ice : 20th February 2014 at 14:21.
Dry Ice is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 14:21   #11
BHPian

Looks like something out of a death race movie! All thats missing is a machine gun mounted on the bonnet!

The tyres could chew up whatever restoration Bangy roads are currently undergoing
Old 20th February 2014, 14:25   #12
BHPian

All of the images are indeed photoshopped ones.
Anyway, if this is the concept M&M is working on, good for them. But I'm pretty sure, it will be more watered down version of what we get to see now.
Old 20th February 2014, 14:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post

Nothing is legit. Everything is CGI, based on the 1:1 clay model or a computer generated 3D model.

This is a design study developed by a student, which has been sponsored by Mahindra, so chances of it actually seeing the day are very slim. Also, the whole concept doesn't look distinctly Mahindra. But one can expect a few styling cues to trickle down to their lowly models in the near future.
Old 20th February 2014, 14:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

We shall wait and see how Mahindra launches this product in the market. The artistic impression/concept is definitely wonderful.
Old 20th February 2014, 15:25   #15
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 21st February 2014 at 15:33.
raj.barcode is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks