Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2014, 12:27   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Revealed: Full details about the Hyundai Verna CX variant!

Received this Powerpoint presentation through a source about the Hyundai Verna variants rejigging and complete details about the all-new CX variant.

Variant rejig:

- 1.4 EX has been discontinued.

- 1.6 EX AT has been discontinued.

- 1.6 SX (O) AT (VTVT) has been discontinued.

- 1.6 SX AT has been added.

- 1.6 SX (O) gets the side + curtain airbags and speed-sensing auto-door lock again.

- 1.6 SX loses the Supervision Cluster and the Rheostat.

- 1.6 EX gets all features of 1.4 CX, MINUS diamond-cut alloy wheels and power-folding ORVMs.

Key Features of the Verna CX:

- Available only in the 1.4 powerplant. (basically replaces the EX)

- Gets all features of Base, PLUS
1) Driver Airbag,
2) ABS,
3) Rear disc brakes,
4) Steering-mounted controls,
5) Fully Automatic Temperature Control,
6) Rear-view camera with Electrochromic Mirror,
7) Rear parking sensors,
8) Diamond-cut alloys, (*NEW*)
9) Power-folding ORVMs. (*NEW*)

Compared to the earlier 1.4 EX, the CX loses out on the i-Pod cable.

Last edited by GTO : 25th March 2014 at 11:16. Reason: PM coming up
RavenAvi is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 22:37   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Revealed: Full details about the Hyundai Verna CX variant!

I see that Hyundai have increased the gap between the SX and SX(O) in terms of features.

It's good to see the AT on the SX now but the EX is getting deleted is sad. It was quite popular and know a few guys who picked it up cause it was good VFM.

The 1.4 CX is a brilliant move. It will actually move the Verna head to head with the new City and will tempt Sunny, Etios buyers as well.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 01:05   #3
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for the scoop, RavenAvi!

Verna was the undisputed leader in terms of features offered in the segment. It was also the no.1 in the C2 sedan segment, and the competition wasn't able to threaten its position for a long time. Hyundai got complacent, perhaps a bit greedy and took their top position in the segment for granted. This is obvious in the way they removed the side and curtain airbags from the SX(O) variant during the minor update, though they did listen to feedback and made tweaks that improved the suspension and steering.

With Honda unleashing its new City equipped with both petrol and diesel engines and a list of features to match the Verna with a competitive price tag to boot, Hyundai saw the writing on the wall. The no.1 status in the segment was not going to be theirs for long with such a strong competitor in the City. They had to do something, and quick! The new CX variants and the SX(O) getting back the safety features it lost, is Hyundai's response. And a very, very welcome one! While the 1.4 CX (especially the diesel) takes on the City's lower variants head on, the SX(O) regains the status of the safest and most feature loaded car in its class.

Hyundai can now start loudly proclaiming the fact they the Verna is the most feature loaded car in the segment again. If this forces some of the competitors to offer 6 airbags in their cars, the customer would be the ultimate beneficiary!

As they say, God bless competition!

Now that Hyundai are offering segment leading safety features again, they should do the same with the upcoming Xcent. 6 airbags on the top variants of the Xcent would be a fantastic move, one that would leave the competition looking barebones. And lest I forget, they should offer airbags on the automatic variants of the Xcent and Grand i10 and make height adjustable front neck restraints (headrests) standard - no small fixed headrests please!

Last edited by RSR : 26th February 2014 at 01:13.
RSR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 08:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

As with many other models in their stable, Hyundai has always perfected the art of having a mid variant that is a very compelling buy with most of the essential bells required for a large sections of buyers.

The CX also seems to be a move in that direction. However one thing that is not sure is how many 1.4l are actually sold as it seems to be extremely rare to even spot one. All the Vernas that I have seen up to date are 1.6s of both petrol and diesel!
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 10:36   #5
Team-BHP Support

And they have deleted the automatic transmission option from 1.6 EX variant. Now the cheapest automatic in the range is the 1.6 SX, which is almost 9.5L ex-showroom for the petrol, and 10.5 for the diesel.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 10:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

If I am in the market, looking for a price sensible sedan and not wanting to have an Auto tranny, 1.4 variant looks VFM.
Old 26th February 2014, 10:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

This is good. But why delete passenger side airbag? This is a serious miss in my opinion. People who are buying C2 sedan and paying 10+ Lacs, will definitely not like this. Other than that feature list is cool. Any idea on pricing of this 1.4 model?

With Honda and Hyundai firing all guns, others must be sweating. I am sure its a very tough time ahead for cars like Vento, Rapid, Scala etc. Vento and Rapid will get the hit most IMHO. People in that range goes for brand value. For so many years Honda was not there with diesel heart, but now it is. So people have choice of Honda and Hyundai now. New Linea also coming at competitive pricing & after 6 months Ciaz too making entry. Very interesting battle has started
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 11:01   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
With Honda and Hyundai firing all guns, others must be sweating. I am sure its a very tough time ahead for cars like Vento, Rapid, Scala etc. Vento and Rapid will get the hit most IMHO.
Yes, Vento, Rapid and Scala would be hit. Sunny has somehow found a sweet spot with tour operators and will slowly replace the Logan found with tour guys.
Old 26th February 2014, 11:59   #9
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The website has the updated prices and the new variants (with the old variants still listed) but the feature list has not been updated, which is strange. I guess they'll update it after the existing stock is sold (with discounts, of course).

Any idea if the LEDs on the SX(O) headlamp cluster are actually daytime running lamps? The site lists them as "LED positioning lamps", which should mean parking lamps. DRLs are a much better use for LEDs than mere positioning lamps. If they can function as both DRLs and positioning lamps (by becoming dimmer at night), that should be fine too.

The 1.6 petrol SX(O) manual is listed at ~ 9.55 lac ex-showroom, Chennai. This means there is another option {in addition to the i20 Asta(O) and EcoSport Titanium(O) & AT variants} in the one million rupee range for those who want a car with 6 airbags.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 12:05   #10
Senior - BHPian

What is the price for this variant I am unable to find it on the official website.
Old 26th February 2014, 12:43   #11
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Re: Revealed: Full details about the Hyundai Verna CX variant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
What is the price for this variant I am unable to find it on the official website.
Here are the updated prices for Chandigarh:

Petrol

Variant Ex-Showroom Price (INR)

1.4L VTVT 5-Speed Manual GL 718,475
1.4L VTVT 5-Speed Manual CX 808,095
1.6L VTVT 5-Speed Manual EX 814,698
1.6L VTVT 4-Speed Automatic EX 885,648
1.6L VTVT 5-Speed Manual SX 862,860
1.6L VTVT 4-Speed Automatic SX 929,418
1.6L VTVT 5-Speed Manual SX (O) 943,225
1.6L VTVT 4-Speed Automatic SX (O) 1,014,495

Diesel

Variant Ex-Showroom Price (INR)

1.4L CRDi 6-Speed Manual GL 836,246
1.4L CRDi 6-Speed Manual CX 929,443
1.4L CRDi 6-Speed Manual EX 911,355
1.6 CRDi VGT 6-Speed Manual EX 943,850
1.6 CRDi VGT 4-Speed Automatic EX 1,014,446
1.6 CRDi VGT 6-Speed Manual SX 991,149
1.6 CRDi VGT 4-Speed Automatic SX 1,057,164
1.6 CRDi VGT 6-Speed Manual SX (O) 1,072,095
1.6 CRDi VGT 4-Speed Automatic SX (O) 1,143,400
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 12:56   #12
Senior - BHPian

@ravenavi

Thanks for the scoop and the detailed features list.

Is there a need to have the parking sensors and the Rear view camera in tandem for the variant? Missing passenger side air bag is a sore thing.

Last edited by GTO : 27th February 2014 at 10:27. Reason: PM coming up
Old 26th February 2014, 13:30   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Prices ex show room -Thane

The new Hyundai Verna CX is priced at Rs 8.49 lakh for the 1.4-litre petrol variant, while the 1.4-litre diesel CX costs Rs 9.77 lakh .

Source:ACI
Old 27th February 2014, 18:40   #14
Senior - BHPian

The updated brochure pic of verna's new variants. I do not see addition of side and curtain airbags on SX-O variant.

http://www.hyundai.com/wcm/upload_ww...3387801808.pdf

Revealed: Full details about the Hyundai Verna CX variant!-untitled.jpg
Old 27th February 2014, 19:11   #15
BANNED

Verna is a nice car but i don't like the suspensions of Hyundai car's, as they don't offer a comfortable ride. For me Honda city is the best in all aspects and everything about it is just awesome may that be the ride quality, suspension etc. The new Honda City looks fab and the i-vtec engine is the best in its league. But would definitely consider the Verna if changes are made in its suspensions. Till then Honda is the Best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks