Team-BHP - VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/148607-vw-vento-diesel-automatic-update-launched-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3529523)
I am sure it wont be 1.6TDI. Because there is a universal shift to the 1.5TDI. As regards to 6 speed or 7 speed, I dont know.

Yes, that's why I mentioned 1.5TDI in bracket :)
My assumption is it will be 1.5 TDI + 7-DSG (DQ200), and not the 6-speed DSG.

Quote:

Originally Posted by satya180 (Post 3529343)
Confirmed news: The Vento will come with a 6 speed DSG, mated to the 1.5L TDI with 105 PS and 250 Nm.

Any idea when it would be launched? Eagerly waiting for a sedan in this category with a 6 and above gearing.

If it is indeed the 6 speed DSG then it is good news. Pricing will be the key, i expect a 70 to 1 lakh premium over the highline since aong with the DSG it will also contain other things like ESP, Hill hold etc

Slightly OT, but is there a diesel AT at prices lesser than the Verna Diesel AT??

Quote:

Originally Posted by siddutta (Post 3529663)
Slightly OT, but is there a diesel AT at prices lesser than the Verna Diesel AT??

The new Zest AMT is the only Diesel AT under the Verna. No full fledged 'Traditional AT's' below the Verna

As per VW Germany Polo's website, the TDI variant is only available in 1.4L (not 1.5L) with power ratings of 75PS, 90PS & 105PS.

Only the 90PS version has an option of 7 speed DSG.

VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!-picture-2.png

Source: www.volkswagen.de , polo.pdf

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 3529526)

Quote:

Originally Posted by satya180 (Post 3529343)
Confirmed news: The Vento will come with a 6 speed DSG, mated to the 1.5L TDI with 105 PS and 250 Nm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 3529526)

I also think that the 1.5 TDI will come with DQ200 and not DQ250. why would VW go with DQ 250 which can handle torque up to 350 Nm. Also considering that a 105 PS/250 Nm engine is already paired with 7 Speed DSG (DQ200), why would VW not go with it. I think you pointed out the touran case. I am including a screenshot from the VW singapore site.

But you never know, VW may prove the hypothesis wrong.

any further update on this? when is the diesel DSG finally coming out and at what price? any specific date out yet?

One of VW dealers in Mumbai confirmed the news about the diesel automatic launch but didn't have any info on the launch date and/or the price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neeld (Post 3529688)
As per VW Germany Polo's website, the TDI variant is only available in 1.4L (not 1.5L) with power ratings of 75PS, 90PS & 105PS.

1.5 TDI is a India specific engine, it's a downsized version of 1.6 TDI. This engine was developed for India to comply with Small Car Excise Duty benefits.

I guess to help with standardization and economy of scales, they might offer a slightly more powerful version of 1.5 TDI from new Polo. But since this engine is a downsized version of 1.6, it should share all the same parts except the bore and i see no harm for them to continue with 1.6 TDI.

1.6 TDI is a nice engine but it has higher NVH than many of its competitors, VW should beef up the sound insulation.

Volkswagen India will launch the Vento with a new diesel motor on September 24, 2014. The 1.6 litre diesel engine found in the outgoing Vento will be replaced by a new 1.5L TDi motor producing 104 bhp and 250 Nm of torque. This is the same unit that made its debut on the new Polo diesel introduced a few weeks ago.

The big news however, is that Volkswagen is rumoured to offer the Vento with a 6-speed DSG unit alongside a 5-speed manual gearbox. The Vento will be the second car in its segment, after the Verna, to be offered with a diesel engine mated to an automatic gearbox.

Link to news article

This is certainly news. I could be possibly booking a new diesel sedan and the Verna was only option or the Zest. I would really prefer the Vento DSG. VW, please do not let me down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S2!!! (Post 3536559)
The big news however, is that Volkswagen is rumoured to offer the Vento with a 6-speed DSG unit alongside a 5-speed manual gearbox. The Vento will be the second car in its segment, after the Verna, to be offered with a diesel engine mated to an automatic gearbox.

Link to news article

the original source mentions a 7 Speed DSG for the diesel as well.

reproduced here:

Quote:

Source: NDTV
The new diesel engine is a four-cylinder turbo unit that is capable of churning out 105bhp along with a peak torque of 250Nm. The diesel engine will be offered with a 5-speed manual transmission as a standard feature, while a 7-speed DSG automatic transmission will be offered as optional. So, with this, the Vento will become the second diesel automatic car in its league after the Hyundai Verna.

Wow, Now this changes the equation a little. Just around the time of the Ciaz launch comes this launch which probably addresses the only thing Ciaz lacks, Driving Pleasure and that too mated to an AT Box.

Iv been on the look out for an AT Diesel for my daily drive but none of the cars in the 10-15 L bracket has ticked most lest all the boxes.

Had almost frozen on choosing between the Ciaz and XUV5OO compromising on the AT requirement.

The Vento with its timeless design and an AT Box suddenly becomes a strong contender.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalittalwar (Post 3536624)
the original source mentions a 7 Speed DSG for the diesel as well.

reproduced here:

True, however, reports from several other sources speculate that a 6-speed DSG is expected to make its way in the upcoming Vento with the 1.5L diesel motor.

This is mainly due to the torque output of the engine, expected to be 250 NM, which is the maximum rating that the DQ200 7-speed DSG can handle. VW might not want to risk offering a 7-speed to save cost, resulting in possible transmission failures due to the inability of the unit to handle the torque. The DQ250 6-speed unit with the wet clutch would be more suitable, hence, our speculation.