Team-BHP - VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/148607-vw-vento-diesel-automatic-update-launched-14.html)

This does not look like the top spec. The wheels look like the steel wheel design, steering wheel and hand brake don't seem to have leather wrap. These are characters of the current top spec. So I think this is the mid spec- the comfort line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 3538578)
This does not look like the top spec. The wheels look like the steel wheel design, steering wheel and hand brake don't seem to have leather wrap. These are characters of the current top spec. So I think this is the mid spec- the comfort line.

I dont think so. The model seems highline. The steering wheel is leather wrapped. Also the alloys are all new. I am confidant because i used to work with vw dealership and know the difference between varients.

Ah, nice to see the Vento get that wonderful brown shade, it looks very premium and elegant. I'm curious to see how much it costs on road, because if it is priced right it will be a winner for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhilashvk (Post 3538544)
I was expecting redesigned bumpers with adaptive fog lamps (a la Polo), turn indicators on the OVRM, may be 16 inch alloys, touch screen with reverse camera etc.

First of all, thanks a ton for the pics. :thumbs up Been eagerly waiting for some confirmation on the Diesel DSG for Vento.

And that static cornering light on the Polo is just a gimmick. The Vento is much better off without that one. Besides, the fog lights on the Vento looks very classy. Good that they have left it untouched.

I was hoping for all black interiors in this DSG variant. VW could have given some black carpets and seats at least. A GT variant for the Vento like the new Polo would be awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhilashvk (Post 3538534)
Vento Diesel DSG at VW Showroom. Very few upgrades over the current Vento.
Showroom taking bookings with deposit.

Which dealer did you see this at, as I was purchasing a gt tsi and would like to see this before the purchase. My tsi has arrived at the dealer.

Just visited the dealership yesterday to look up for an exchange offer for my 30000 km run 2012 Polo, but they offered a measly Rs 3,25,000 as buyback. Outside market offer is around Rs 4,00,000.00. This put me totally off the deal.

Rahul

The facelift per se is disappointing if this is what VW has plans to launch. The DSG TDi offering is interesting and should be a welcome addition. Right now, with the exception of Verna, there are no diesel A/T sedans in the sub 15 lakh category. This will force Honda (hopefully) to look at the possibility of offering an A/T option in the City iDTEC. I hope the DSG reliability issues have been sorted out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetjohn (Post 3538677)
First of all, thanks a ton for the pics. :thumbs up Been eagerly waiting for some confirmation on the Diesel DSG for Vento.

And that static cornering light on the Polo is just a gimmick. The Vento is much better off without that one. Besides, the fog lights on the Vento looks very classy. Good that they have left it untouched.

I was hoping for all black interiors in this DSG variant. VW could have given some black carpets and seats at least. A GT variant for the Vento like the new Polo would be awesome.

It at par with the polo facelift, with new FBSW, new instrument cluster, double barrel headlamps, new alloys, but surprisingly, they havent changed the grille.

The beige interiors were expected.

Just wishful thinking, but I for one would love to see a Vento GT, with a 1.4 TSI engine. :)

Is it my imagination or does the car look "lifted"? I don't know why but to me it looks like the ground clearance is more than the current Vento.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalittalwar (Post 3539559)
The beige interiors were expected.

Yeah, I was hoping VW will brand the Diesel DSG a GT and give it all black interiors like the Polo GT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horizon81 (Post 3539633)
Is it my imagination or does the car look "lifted"?

Good catch there. The wheel wells do look like they have a lot of gap compared to the current one.

One more car down the drain then. Most new launches are coming with very high GC now - Linea, City etc. Its comes of use once in a while, but looks so ungainly.

Cross posting from the Rapid thread.

New Rapid being tested today. Comes with the new 1.5L TDI and the DSG !!

Source - Halley @ OD

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...-390572,0.aspx

Quote:

The Skoda Rapid TDI DSG is expected to be priced around a lakh more than the manual variant.
Quote:

Other than the updated engine with a DSG ’box, the Rapid also comes with the option of a Black package that costs around Rs 20,000. This package is only available on the top Elegance variant, and gets more features than the standard car. This includes blackened projector headlamps and foglamps. The grille too is finished in black, which looks classy in today’s age of excessive chrome use. What also stands out on this car are the black mirrors and alloy wheels. Apart from this, you can also opt for a blackened roof and black side foils directly from the dealer. The cabin remains unchanged and you get the same high-quality interior with good fit and finish. The front and rear seats are comfortable with loads of space, and the wide rear bench can seat three abreast in reasonable comfort.
Not sure it deserves a separate thread! And really wonder why VW can't go that way? No projectors either on Vento - i see double barrel headlamps in the pic maybe but not sure if its projectors?

So what has been suspected has been confirmed now, It is DQ 200 (7 speed DSG) and not DQ 250 (6 speed). So i think it is safe to expect the same in the Vento too.(After initially suggesting that it will be a 7 speed DSG, in the recent days almost every magazine/site had written that it will be the 6 speed one. it looks like Skoda most probably VW had them fooled).

Cruise control added.There is no mention of ESP and hill hold. I hope it is an omission by the reviewer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A (Post 3539992)
So what has been suspected has been confirmed now, It is DQ 200 (7 speed DSG) and not DQ 250 (6 speed). So i think it is safe to expect the same in the Vento too.(After initially suggesting that it will be a 7 speed DSG, in the recent days almost every magazine/site had written that it will be the 6 speed one. it looks like Skoda most probably VW had them fooled).

Cruise control added.There is no mention of ESP and hill hold. I hope it is an omission by the reviewer.

Cruise control, ESP and Hill Hold. All three confirmed. clap:
+ Rapid also has a card holder button (don't know how that works)

Another interesting observation,

The vento comes with 4 factory fitted reverse parking sensors that are mostly canbus compatible (same as current setup)

The rapid now comes with 3 factory fitted reverse parking sensors. (1 in the centre and two on either side). Not sure if these will be canbus compatible.
Earlier there were no sensors and the same had to be fitted at the dealer level. (chinese too)

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhilashvk (Post 3538544)
Yes, really disappointing.

I was expecting redesigned bumpers with adaptive fog lamps (a la Polo), turn indicators on the OVRM, may be 16 inch alloys, touch screen with reverse camera etc. I am told that brown is only new colour. No Burnt Orange in Vento.

Hope Rapid face lift is not a disappoitment.

All those extras will probably shoot up the price too high like it did in the GT.

Lets hope this will be priced well.