Team-BHP - VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/148607-vw-vento-diesel-automatic-update-launched-22.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by troublemaker (Post 3552861)
When I did TDs before buying my Vento, City was nowhere near the build quality or driving pleasure of Vento.

Agreed absolutely, driving pleasure is far better in Vento, i was just referring to the in-gear car movement in city speeds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zubin21 (Post 3552887)
Agreed absolutely, driving pleasure is far better in Vento, i was just referring to the in-gear car movement in city speeds.

Somehow I find the Vento rear to be raised and 15" tires (specially when old) to be so under tired and so much gap between the body and the wheels. I find the tail lights in Vento too are little half hearted.

The Polo is so much more cleaner design. Having said that the DSG (reliability issues aside) is a boon & necessity in City traffic.

Considering in Jetta the price differential between CL Manual & Highline DSG is 4 lakhs, I feel the 7 speed DSG of Vento is quite a steel in pure mechanical terms.

Get the Vento, and do the following:

1. Karlson Leather Interiors - 30k
2. Change the HU to Blaunkpunt or Caska for -38 - 48k
3. Buy the Jetta 16" Atlanta Alloys : 50-60k
4. Buy a pair of Angle Eyes - 40k
5. Remap to 120 bhp
6. Add better speakers and amp - 40k

You got yourself a mini Jetta for under 15 lakhs!!!

Guy, how does the new Vento 1.5 TDI compare to the old 1.6 TDI? people who have driven both the cars can please answer. if the new 1.5 TDI engine is as good and drivable as the old 1.6, then its great deal. asking coz people are talking about the turbo lag. is it similar to 1.6?

I had Test driven the Vento 1.6 TDI, 1.2 TSI DSG and the Petrol City VX MT a month and a half back. the petrols cars, both vento TSI and the city i-vtec were equally good but the 1.6 TDI was clearly more fun to drive. the torque was enjoyable and I also like the dynamics of the vento more compared to the city which didn't felt as flickable and confidence inspiring. the build quality of the vento was clearly better. fit and finish was also better comparatively. some plastics felt little cheap though. hope the new one is better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aseem (Post 3553044)

5. Remap to 120 bhp

If I get the vento diesel DSG or the rapid for that matter, I am planning for the Blaunkpunt HU, better speakers and maybe an amp too and the reverse cam. the leatherette seat covers aren't so bad I think. remap might be risky don't you think, as the dsg unit can only handle 250 nm of torque? also whats Angle eyes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by magikrider (Post 3553061)
remap might be risky don't you think, as the dsg unit can only handle 250 nm of torque? also whats Angle eyes?

Yes, a remap can be a bit of a risk given the gearbox's limitations. I'd advise to not do it as any gains would be minimal and the risk not worth it. At least the Polo TSI has room to experiment with, the Vento/Rapid's torque figures are cutting it too close.

By angle eyes he's referring to angel eyes, a projector beam setup. Just a typo or autocorrect! Personally, I feel if anyone is go inch for an aftermarket set of headlights, nothing like going OEM and getting the VW bi-xenons with DRL's. It's a much more natural looking fit for the Vento.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aseem (Post 3553044)
Somehow I find the Vento rear to be raised and 15" tires (specially when old) to be so under tired and so much gap between the body and the wheels. I find the tail lights in Vento too are little half hearted.

The Polo is so much more cleaner design. Having said that the DSG (reliability issues aside) is a boon & necessity in City traffic.

Considering in Jetta the price differential between CL Manual & Highline DSG is 4 lakhs, I feel the 7 speed DSG of Vento is quite a steel in pure mechanical terms.

5. Remap to 120 bhp

AFAIK, Jetta's alloys have a different PCD, they wont work with Polo/vento.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean (Post 3553243)
AFAIK, Jetta's alloys have a different PCD, they wont work with Polo/vento.

I am not sure about that, I was told by a dealer that there is high demand for Sedona alloys for Polo/Vento. The car deserves 16" tires.

If someone is willing to compromise on the DSG (as all cars are sold) then there are some very tempting offers on the Comfortline MT Jetta. TSI being close th 17 & TDI being close to 18 Lakh OTR BLR.

-> Exchange Sedona for Atlanta Alloys -> 10k
-> Change HU to Caska or Blaunkput -> 38-48k
-> If going for TSI which is only available in white, go for 3M black vinyl for the roof

You got yourself one "wicked" car!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar (Post 3547863)
I have an eye on the new Vento 1.5 TDI MT, not automatic. I like the interior in Vento more than in Rapid. I am yet to get a vehicle for test-drive. They have the 1.6 TDI only to offer for test. And, they are offering very good discount also on that.

I would suggest that you take the DSG as it is the need of the day. But if you insist on an manual and if the 1.6 is there for a good discount go for it. Try to squeeze a bit more if you can. Only thing that you will really miss are the twin lamps, which you can replace if you so desire. Fit finish and quality wise there is nothing to complain about any VW products, it is only some of the dealers who create issues.

Rahul

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhaskaracs (Post 3552827)
I am in a similar dilemma. The two year extended warranty along with the RSA - is it being offered on both TSI as well as TDI AT? Also, what is the current indicative waiting period for delivery of TSI and TDI AT?

I came off the phone with a dealer in Pune and he quotes a waiting period of 10-12 weeks. He says he has got 19 bookings to deliver before mine if i choose the Highline TDI AT today. Comfortline is available in next 2 weeks.
So is 19 that huge a number that it takes 10 weeks to get a car?? :eek:

@Nilesh5417
I am in good contact with one of the two dealers in Pune. According to him, the assembly of the 1.5 TDI Vento at the plant here has not started full fledged, and the gearboxes are imported, and a single lot of a few AT cars are specifically assembled once in a while.
Serial production of assorted lots in various colours of 1.5TDI AT cars in complete lots is likely to start only in Jan 2015.

Rahul

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 (Post 3554168)
I came off the phone with a dealer in Pune and he quotes a waiting period of 10-12 weeks. He says he has got 19 bookings to deliver before mine if i choose the Highline TDI AT today. Comfortline is available in next 2 weeks.
So is 19 that huge a number that it takes 10 weeks to get a car?? :eek:

Mount Road, Chennai dealer said he has receievd 90 bookings of TDI AT till date. This is pretty comparable to dealer bookings for Ciaz. There seems to be genuine interest from customers. In the half hour I spent with that dealer, I saw at least three TDs going out today evening on two separate vehicles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aseem (Post 3553253)

If someone is willing to compromise on the DSG (as all cars are sold) then there are some very tempting offers on the Comfortline MT Jetta. TSI being close th 17 & TDI being close to 18 Lakh OTR BLR.

18L OTR in Bangalore!? Which dealer? More details on the discount, please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3mon (Post 3554366)
18L OTR in Bangalore!? Which dealer? More details on the discount, please.

Almost all dealers. Best deals from Mysore at KBR is it?

In Bangalore discount breakup as follows you can get this at Palace Cross or Elite:

70k Flat
15k Dealer
30k Loyalty
15k Corporate

All this on ex-showroom. So you save on road tax as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aseem (Post 3554370)
Almost all dealers. Best deals from Mysore at KBR is it?

In Bangalore discount breakup as follows you can get this at Palace Cross or Elite:

70k Flat
15k Dealer
30k Loyalty
15k Corporate

All this on ex-showroom. So you save on road tax as well.

Thats on TDI and for TSI, everything else the same except 40k Flat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 (Post 3554696)
Thats on TDI and for TSI, everything else the same except 40k Flat.

Not really. I have been able to get 70 K on TSI though not in Bangalore.

If things go fine, sometime this week my little Getz kid will be blessed with a big Vento bro who is an ambitious guy, but missing the clutch pedal.