Team-BHP - VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/148607-vw-vento-diesel-automatic-update-launched-26.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhaskaracs (Post 3661333)
This is the new Jetta which was launched recently and not a Vento. Am i missing something

Hey Bhaskar,

The first post has pics of the new JETTA, keep going down that page, few posts later the new VENTO pics are also there. The rear is so hot now!

Quote:

This is the new Jetta which was launched recently and not a Vento. Am i missing something

The Jetta is sold as Vento in some countries. E.g. Argentina and Uruguay.

He probably confused it for the next gen. Vento and shared the link here.

Quote:

What you see is the F/L Jetta. Scroll down a few images and you'll some cars badges as 'Vento'. I believe VW sells the Jetta as Vento in some parts of Europe. Very strange !!

Do the new Ventos get LED lights for the number plates? Saw a pic on IAB:

VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!-2014vwventoregistrationplatehighlinevariant.jpg

Can the owners please confirm? Couldn't find it on the brochure anywhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannu_1 (Post 3675209)
Can the owners please confirm? Couldn't find it on the brochure anywhere.

Can confirm that the new Vento gets LED lights for the number plate illumination. Friend got a brand new 1.5 TDI Vento and I had clicked these in person:

VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!-wp_20150402_18_56_34_pro.jpg

VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!-wp_20150402_18_56_41_pro.jpg

VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!-wp_20150402_18_57_00_pro.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannu_1 (Post 3679288)
Can confirm that the new Vento gets LED lights for the number plate illumination. Friend got a brand new 1.5 TDI Vento and I had clicked these in person

So can these be fit on Polo without any issues?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 3679417)
So can these be fit on Polo without any issues?

I hope so. I couldn't note down the part number. Will do it and post it here later.

Polo and Vento doesn't have issues with the cluster's MFD throwing a bulb-out/bulb-fused error when you switch to LEDs from the halogen bulbs. So a direct swap can be done. Same goes with the bulbs used anywhere in the car - footwell lights, dome lights, parking light etc.

Guys, Can anyone tell me what bulb sizes the new Vento has?

I've been looking everywhere but there doesn't seem to be any mention of it. Also checked the Owner's Manual. It mentions H4 and H7. But H4 is a hi/lo bulb and H7 is a single filament. I remember my old Vento had a single H4 bulb. So what's the case now? These stock bulbs are down right terrible! Need to upgrade to Osram Cool Blue's for low beam and Night Breaker Unlimited for High's till I go to the US. I'll get Morimoto HID Systems for both low and High beams then.

VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1430417836.837505.jpg
Snap from my Vento TDI DSG. Driving in a two lane highway. Tyre pressure 34 all around. Loving it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by shasha (Post 3697507)
Attachment 1366025
Snap from my Vento TDI DSG. Driving in a two lane highway. Tyre pressure 34 all around. Loving it...

Please do a tankful to tankful estimate and report back.

Already done 3 tankfuls. The figures are 17kmpl, 16.8kmpl and 18 kmpl. 70% highways and 30% city , 100% AC. During the last tankful - allowance for decreased tyre pressure also to be given( my mistake, it has reduced to 26 all around). The picture I posted is the latest after topping it up to 34. MID shows almost accurate mileage. Rev her a little hard- it rapidly drops to 17 from 23. Idling for long time and hitting the pedal hard from a stand still are the two things which gulps the fuel. You have to be a little patient in D1/D2 (hardly possible). Will update with the latest tank to tank figures.

Guys, off topic. I was driving my friends 2013 Vento high line yesterday on the highway. Guess what I realised that we cannot lift the right wiper blade fully to clean the glass. It hits the hood and cannot be lifted more than a couple of inches. That I feel is a fundamental error. So much for German Engineering. LOL. Uncontrol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy (Post 3698106)
Guys, off topic. I was driving my friends 2013 Vento high line yesterday on the highway. Guess what I realised that we cannot lift the right wiper blade fully to clean the glass. It hits the hood and cannot be lifted more than a couple of inches. That I feel is a fundamental error. So much for German Engineering. LOL. Uncontrol.

This 'feature' is present in Polo as well. For lifting the wiper you need to put them into service position. Once you shut down the engine, engage the single swipe function from steering stalk once. The wipers will swipe and stop at the vertical position enabling you to lift both the wipers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy (Post 3698106)

AFAIK, this is not an error but by design. The manual talks about it. You have to bring the wipers to the service position before it can be lifted. Of course, it is not designed for India where the car washman lifts the wipers to give an indication that the car is washed

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinu2506 (Post 3698120)
AFAIK, this is not an error but by design. The manual talks about it. You have to bring the wipers to the service position before it can be lifted. Of course, it is not designed for India where the car washman lifts the wipers to give an indication that the car is washed

Thanks. Don't own one of these cars and hence did not know the service position of the wipers. However these guys need to make for India and not complicate simple things.Why complicate the humble wiper? Guess the manual was written after they realised that they had a design issue. Is there any particular reason as to why they need to create a service position for the wiper? Unless it has some serious advantages,they need to keep it simple.