Team-BHP - VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/148607-vw-vento-diesel-automatic-update-launched-18.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPS (Post 3541662)
I have not driven either of these cars but have driven old Octavia & if that is anything to go by then I assume the Vento with its long clutch travel will be a pain to drive in bumper to bumper traffic. It might also have a heavier clutch than the City!

Sorry, I missed to add that: I was referring to DSG with 7 Speed AT...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 3541680)
The discussion is on the AT variant with DSG. The new Diesel Vento AT DSG is actually cheaper than the Manual VX City Diesel.

Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarlet.fever (Post 3541708)
Would they be offering extended warranty with Diesel DSG and Petrol TSI AT DSG ?

It would be offered for sure, even if it is not the case at the commencement of sales. it was the same case with Polo GT facelift. the extended warranty was not available about 20 days ago, but is available now. also, extended warranty was available for Vento TSI earlier.

Great move by VW. But they need to realize that introducing DSG at this price point can make or break their brand in India.

DSG issues in D segment vehicles is a different thing, but C segment has much higher volumes and a big middle class looking at them as aspirational products, add to it possibility of no second vehicle to use if issues arise.

VW needs to be absolute certain that DSG will be reliable, or ensure great service and repairs at no additional cost in case things go wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avisidhu (Post 3541779)
Great move by VW. But they need to realize that introducing DSG at this price point can make or break their brand in India.

DSG issues in D segment vehicles is a different thing, but C segment has much higher volumes and a big middle class looking at them as aspirational products, add to it possibility of no second vehicle to use if issues arise.

VW needs to be absolute certain that DSG will be reliable, or ensure great service and repairs at no additional cost in case things go wrong.

Totally agree with you.

If the DSG's start failing in this segment then rest assured that VW/Skoda will go to graveyard sooner than they even say Hello.

Thank you for information.
I would assume the ext. warranty would cover parts and labor costs as well ?
What is not covered under ext. warranty?

Quote:

Originally Posted by adimicra (Post 3541748)

True, but are the features comparable. Doesn't the Honda City VX have much more features like Sunroof, cruise control etc?
It might be more apt to compare the Highline with the V Variant of the City.

Agree. Feature to Feature, In general, the City is more well equipped than the Vento.

But my point was that you get the Automatic Diesel, that too a DSG for a price less than the manual version of Diesel City Top End. And personally for me the engine and transmission are any day better than a few nice to have features.

At a quick Glance, the Vento Highline diesel is ~50K more than the City V Diesel.

So far considering how manufacturers charge high premiums on even regular AT Petrol cars, it is commendable that VW is offering the DSG Diesel at a price that is below the manual version of the key competitors.

On a side note, wish they had done away with the 1.6 Petrol Manual and provided the manual option also with the 1.2 TSI.

Decent pricing by VW especially for all the automatic variants. The difference between Highline and Comfortline is also not very much both in price and features. Am also very glad that safety features have been offered across all trims and also AT has been offered across different trims. They have also kept the price gap between diesel and petrol at ~INR 100k which is reasonable and not like other competitors where the difference is 120k - 150k between equivalent petrol and diesel variants

Although they should have launched both the TSI and TDI DSG right at the start this should still bring considerable amount of business to VW.:thumbs up

Personally I will wait for the Rapid pricing which should be closer to the TSI and hence will be an even more tempting buy for me. For now it doesnt seem likely that I am moving to another segment or brand any time soon!

Guys, just wondering - won't the auto-hold feature be more useful in Indian cities rather than hill hold? Of course the hill hold is now a necessity due to the steep inclines at mall parkings, but I really wish some manufacturer offered auto-hold too - and looking at the technical prowess of the Vento, I was hoping that VW would've been the first at this for a mainstream car.

I feel this is a major missed opportunity by the manufacturers, and especially VW.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reppy (Post 3541966)
Guys, just wondering - won't the auto-hold feature be more useful in Indian cities rather than hill hold? Of course the hill hold is now a necessity due to the steep inclines at mall parkings, but I really wish some manufacturer offered auto-hold too - and looking at the technical prowess of the Vento, I was hoping that VW would've been the first at this for a mainstream car.

I feel this is a major missed opportunity by the manufacturers, and especially VW.

what is the difference between auto hold and hill hold?

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarScream (Post 3541991)
what is the difference between auto hold and hill hold?

auto hold automatically keeps brakes applied on the car in stop-start traffic conditions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reppy (Post 3541966)
Guys, just wondering - won't the auto-hold feature be more useful in Indian cities rather than hill hold?

Without a doubt. But let's put things in perspective. Right now, as far as I recall, the A3 is the cheapest car offering it. I don't think any of the D1 segment cars offer it either. So while it would be superb to have, it's really a pipe dream. I don't see it trickling down to the Vento anytime soon.

The 1.2L TSI DSG Comfortline seems like an awesome car for 11 lacs onroad (mumbai, carwale.com). It probably offers the most refined & solid driving experience for that money

The Highline is ~85K more for some leather & chrome bits here and there, seems like a waste for a higher variant, they should include other features like rear disc brake, cruise control, 6 air bags etc to differentiate the variants :Frustrati

Slightly Off Topic

I went to the Volkswagen India website today, and I saw 4 Ventos !!

New Vento
Vento
Vento TSI
Vento Konekt

and the 'Models' section only had 3 of them, Konect being the one missing

I know there are only few (but important) differences in the 4 models, but somehow Volkswagen could do well to better represent their lineup on the website, where is the german efficiency ?

I'm quite surprised that VW didn't offer projector headlamps, the rapid has them on the Elegance variant.

Does the comfortline model comes with ABS ?

I thought ABS was only available on the highline.

Amazing price. Well done VW. :thumbs up

Its exciting to know that a DSG box which delivers on convenience, economy and performance is now not out of reach for many. If the box can hold up, this will be stellar package to own.