Team-BHP - VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/148607-vw-vento-diesel-automatic-update-launched-24.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGwagon (Post 3555481)
Test drove the TDI DSG last weekend, the gearshift from 1st to 2nd is a liitle jerky, but the rest is butter smooth with some good kick only after 2000RPM (roughly). The negatives are only 2 yr warranty. Extnended warranty on AT is not available as yet. Overpriced OTR prices in Delhi is 12.5 -13 in Delhi, where the old TDI manual is selling at nearly 1L discount. The service cost is also quite expensive the RM told me to expect at least 10k per service if not more.

The booking is 25k, where only 20k is returnable!! He wasn't sure of the total bookings so far, but told me that it has a waiting period of now close to 3 months. The car is excellent, but I think the ownership cost plus the up-front costs in my view still doesn't make it a compelling buy.

I believe IMO a similar package in Polo may make a lot more sense!

When i went to TD the DSG, the dealer was offering an extended 2 year additional warranty for just under 17k, i confirmed with the Thane dealer too and he confirmed a similar amount and it covers the gearbox. Contrary to this Skoda offers Skoda shield for ~55k (in Thane), which covers first year insurance + additional 3 year extended warranty = 5 year total warranty coverage.
For the ownership cost i think even my current maruti needs to be serviced twice a year at 7.5k with each service costing atleast 5-6k at minimum so if Vento demands a single yearly service at 10k a year for 15,000 km interval, i think thats not too far from Maruti. Maruti's service is no longer as cheap as people percieve it to be, i have steadily seen it rise considerably in the last 4 years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zubin21 (Post 3556152)
When i went to TD the DSG, the dealer was offering an extended 2 year additional warranty for just under 17k, i confirmed with the Thane dealer too and he confirmed a similar amount and it covers the gearbox. Contrary to this Skoda offers Skoda shield for ~55k (in Thane), which covers first year insurance + additional 3 year extended warranty = 5 year total warranty coverage.
For the ownership cost i think even my current maruti needs to be serviced twice a year at 7.5k with each service costing atleast 5-6k at minimum so if Vento demands a single yearly service at 10k a year for 15,000 km interval, i think thats not too far from Maruti. Maruti's service is no longer as cheap as people percieve it to be, i have steadily seen it rise considerably in the last 4 years.

Zubin, as others have mentioned, some dealers have a Extended Warranty for Automatics, while some in the country have no such communication yet from VW. I am sure this is only a matter of time, however, given the ASS and the parts cost issues plaguing the VW & Skoda brand I would still be more comfortable with a AMC for 4-5 years. Gives you complete peace of mind while investing in technologies like DSG.

The service interval on a MS or Hyundai or Honda may be lower (well it is till 10k for all diesel cars), the basic service and the booklet specified works you will still find in comparing 3 services for 30000km Vs VW's 2 services of 15k each to be vastly different.

The ASS in our country unfortunately is an area where the bulk of fleecing takes place if the consumer is not informed and vigilant. So I am not taking into account those incidental expenses which again will have a similar gap when you compare the two. I also own an XUV, where the Mahindra with you hamesha app gives you a service cost estimate and I can assure you never has once been a case when the ASS didnt try to add unnecessary works to pad-up the service bill.

A couple of my friends who do not pay much attention to their cars in the VW brand have regularly paid 15-20k for each service on their Polo & Ventos.

Also you should remember, with a VW car you get absolutely no services free (albeit mostly only labour), where other brands provide you up to 3 services.

The running cost argument had it not been there we would see more Euro cars on the road then Japs or Koreans!

Got the Vento Diesel DSG ComfortLine delivered today, in Night Blue shade. Just drove about 30KM from showroom back home. Good car and felt nice upgrading from a Getz. The Diesel is a bit(lot) noisy from outside in idle and smoothens as the rev goes up. Guess I need to check psi and alignment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rejeen (Post 3558983)
Got the Vento Diesel DSG ComfortLine delivered today, in Night Blue shade. Just drove about 30KM from showroom back home. Good car and felt nice upgrading from a Getz. The Diesel is a bit(lot) noisy from outside in idle and smoothens as the rev goes up. Guess I need to check psi and alignment.

Congrats. Guess that's the first reported delivery here. Looking forward to your ownership report.

Quote:

Congrats rejeen. Contrary to other reports you have received your DSG with very minimal waiting period I believe. Looking forward to your ownership report. Wish you a happy and trouble free motoring!!

Quote:

Congratulations on your new car. Please post pictures whenever possible. I am really interested in finding how the night blue shade looks as I have the older shadow blue version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3541569)
This just in :-
The new 2014 Vento facelift is priced between 7.44 lacs - 10.94 lacs, ex-showroom Delhi.
Range starts with the petrol 1.6L Trendline at 7.44 lacs.

1.6L Highline petrol = 8.87 lacs.
TSI Comfortline (Petrol) = 9.35 lacs.
TSI Highline (Petrol) = 9.92 lacs.
The diesel variants are priced from 8.57 lacs for the 1.5L Trendline, going up to 9.90 lacs for the TDI Highline.
TDI DSG (7-speed) Comfortline = 10.49 lacs.
TDI DSG (7-speed) Highline = 10.94 lacs.

TDi DSG CL should have been priced at 9.99 Lac, Imagine the savings on road tax.
Poor pricing of this variant in particular.

Quote:

Originally Posted by F150 (Post 3559942)
TDi DSG CL should have been priced at 9.99 Lac, Imagine the savings on road tax.
Poor pricing of this variant in particular.

I think they priced it carefully. If comfortline was priced at 9.99L, then the on-road price difference between comfortline and highline would have been so high that they wouldn't be able to sell highline for the current profits they get. With this pricing, you are on the wrong side of 10L if you want a diesel DSG. It remains to be seen if Rapid diesel DSG would get priced below 10L.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenren (Post 3559951)
It remains to be seen if Rapid diesel DSG would get priced below 10L.

Rapid Ambition plus DSG is priced at 10.3lacs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by F150 (Post 3559980)
Rapid Ambition plus DSG is priced at 10.3lacs.

Then there is no way VW would undercut Skoda, which is their cheaper sibling.

Once Rapid starts attracting around 30k discounts soon, it would be the biggest joke. I hope they would revise Rapid's pricing once they are forced to give discounts so that customers can enjoy the tax benefits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenren (Post 3559989)
Then there is no way VW would undercut Skoda, which is their cheaper sibling.

Once Rapid starts attracting around 30k discounts soon, it would be the biggest joke. I hope they would revise Rapid's pricing once they are forced to give discounts so that customers can enjoy the tax benefits.

Agree with you that VW cannot under cut Skoda. I was expecting the rapid ambition plus to be priced at 9.99 L
Even after the discounts the price that will be considered during registration will be the ex showroom price right ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by F150 (Post 3560048)
Agree with you that VW cannot under cut Skoda. I was expecting the rapid ambition plus to be priced at 9.99 L
Even after the discounts the price that will be considered during registration will be the ex showroom price right ?

Yes, discounts won't be factored into road tax calculation. If they know very well that they would be forced to give discounts, they could have very well priced it lower and helped the customers.

That said, they know very well that the customers who want a diesel automatic doesn't really have any other options and hence it is unlikely that they would price it lower or even give any discounts in the foreseeable future till they get some competition. They are probably going to make hay while they have the exclusivity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenren (Post 3560066)
That said, they know very well that the customers who want a diesel automatic doesn't really have any other options and hence it is unlikely that they would price it lower or even give any discounts in the foreseeable future till they get some competition. They are probably going to make hay while they have the exclusivity.

Yeah, Vento TSI is cheaper by a 1.5 lakh thats the only option that is left. Either way they win. Given the fact the price of petrol and diesel differ by only 10 -12 Rs, choosing 1.2 TSi AT may be an good option.
What do you think ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by F150 (Post 3560075)
Yeah, Vento TSI is cheaper by a 1.5 lakh thats the only option that is left. Either way they win. Given the fact the price of petrol and diesel differ by only 10 -12 Rs, choosing 1.2 TSi AT may be an good option.
What do you think ?

That is an interesting question. The moment we are willing to consider petrol automatics, situation changes with many more options including Honda City CVT which is much more reliable than the DSG. So the 1.2 TSi is probably not going to be as no-brainer as a TDi DSG.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 3559069)
Congrats. Guess that's the first reported delivery here. Looking forward to your ownership report.

Thanks Rajeevraj. The report is in the making and should be out soon.
Quote:

Originally Posted by neethi_raj (Post 3559327)
Congrats rejeen. Contrary to other reports you have received your DSG with very minimal waiting period I believe. Looking forward to your ownership report. Wish you a happy and trouble free motoring!!

Thanks for your wishes neethi_raj. Ownership review in the assembly-line.
Quote:

Originally Posted by pnredkar (Post 3559582)
Congratulations on your new car. Please post pictures whenever possible. I am really interested in finding how the night blue shade looks as I have the older shadow blue version.

Thanks pnredkar. Sure, will post pictures tomorrow.
Quote:

Originally Posted by F150 (Post 3560075)
What do you think ?

Also need to take into account the 25% to 40% extra mileage that diesel gives when compared to petrol.
Quote:

Originally Posted by zenren (Post 3560082)
That is an interesting question. So the 1.2 TSi is probably not going to be as no-brainer as a TDi DSG.

True.