Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2006, 21:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

CNG lancer out- HM rises for Cedia

HM introduced a new mitsubishi lancer model with CNG, Alloys, Titanium cetral console, leathers etc etc. for 7.3 lacs. Talk about kit and VFm.

Also HM launched a TV commercial for the cedia to promote the car.

http://www.domain-b.com/companies/co...g_version.html

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/1...0,00020010.htm
Old 14th July 2006, 10:24   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

With fuel prices being what they are, I am extremely surprised that LPG / CNG variants have not caught on with manufacturers (mass supply) or consumers (mass demand). You would think that CNG / LPG are viable alternatives to petrol (cost) and to diesel (noise, price and refinement).

One smart move by HM in the past 5 years.

GTO
Old 14th July 2006, 10:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

Make that 2 smart moves.

1. Advertising the cedia.

2. cng version with upmarket kit.

Does this CNG kit lie in the boot taking up lotsa space?

All I have seen before is large tanks/cooking gas cylinders that even fill up an omni boot.

How many cars on sale are actually cng? I know of Ambassador, WagonR and lancer. Optra is coming out after diwali I guess.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 14th July 2006 at 10:52.
Old 14th July 2006, 11:22   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1. Advertising the cedia.
Advertising is one thing, and marketing the more important other. I dont think the Cedia was marketed well at all. A lot of people in my circle are potential 9 - 10 lakh car buyer, and they have not even heard / considered the Cedia. Product awareness, brand recall whatever....

Quote:
Does this CNG kit lie in the boot taking up lotsa space?
One of the few disadvantages to a CNG. This and the availability of CNG at pumps. Its not as simple to get a tankful of CNG as it is with petrol and diesel.

GTO
Old 14th July 2006, 12:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

which other cars are CNG? I know of WagonR and Ambassador (optra is in the pipes)

I know that the closes gas station to my house has CNG. But then not all the stations have CNG availability.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 14th July 2006 at 12:09.
Old 14th July 2006, 13:56   #6
BANNED

I called up Fort Point to ask about fitting CNG kits on our Optras. They told me that the article in the papers was basically a "tester" to see how people responded, and there was no such CNG Optra actually planned.

However, depending on public response, they might consider it in the near future.

As it stands, they said it will void my warranty if I fit a CNG kit. How's that for eco-unfriendly!
Old 14th July 2006, 15:25   #7
BHPian

can you pls give us more information about the new CNG lancer ..... i reckon its at a good price and would give a serious competition to city, baleno and other cars in this segment as none of them have rolled out an CNG version and the fuel prices are rocketing high these days.

cheers

cAr cRaZy

P.S. - is there any info available on the internet on the new CNG lancer with respect to its features and specs
Old 14th July 2006, 18:56   #8
BANNED

this is absolutely amazing news.... anybody has more insight into the specs of this vehicle as the Lancer india website has nothing on it...

Please share if you got the inside news
Old 14th July 2006, 20:03   #9
Senior - BHPian

http://www.domain-b.com/companies/co...g_version.html

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/1...0,00020010.htm
Old 14th July 2006, 20:20   #10
BHPian

This one's a surefire winner from HM - way to go! - first stock CNG kit on a C segmenter. Pray others will quickly follow suit in these tough $ 76 a barrel (& no end in sight) days.
Old 15th July 2006, 20:17   #11
Senior - BHPian

but the problem is people are not going to know about this CNG lancer until HM markets it properly.

with leathers, new titanium look interiors and alloys it makes sense at 7.03.

how much boot space will it occupy?

Did anybody go for a drive?
Old 17th July 2006, 13:55   #12
BANNED

Hi,

Any more news on this? has anybody test driven this yet?

A question i dont know if it makes sense but still - is it good to buy Lancer CNG or wait for Hyundai Verna, fuel economy being the main deciding factor here.

Let me know

Thanks,
Udit
Old 17th July 2006, 14:05   #13
BHPian

Am sure this will make a terrific buy
especially the black lancer
Old 17th July 2006, 15:04   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Advertising is one thing, and marketing the more important other. I dont think the Cedia was marketed well at all. A lot of people in my circle are potential 9 - 10 lakh car buyer, and they have not even heard / considered the Cedia. Product awareness, brand recall whatever....

One of the few disadvantages to a CNG. This and the availability of CNG at pumps. Its not as simple to get a tankful of CNG as it is with petrol and diesel.

GTO
Completely agree with GTO.. fuelling CNG can be a pain in the backside.. standing in the queue for every 120-140 km of travel... jostling with taxis...Another important point is the loss of power- i have driven a CNG lancer- and felt that getting off and pushing the car would help me reach faster... For private vehicles, LPG been quite a success... when I got my first car converted some friends felt I was carrying my kitchen in my car now its the same people asking for advice... while the queue at the LPG pumps gets longer.
Cheers,
Samrat
Old 17th July 2006, 15:10   #15
BANNED

Oh ... that means the punch is not there in the car.... so should i take that waiting for Verna is the better option...

So did u try the new CNG Lancer or the 3rd party fitment car? as the new one is company fitted and modified for Lancer especially... would help if you can confirm....

Thanks a ton in advance,
Udit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks