Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2016, 11:38   #91
BHPian

Re: AP to TS: Transfer of car registration from Andhra Pradesh to Telangana

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
As far as I know, reservation of number needs invoice copy of the vehicle. Proof of identity and address are any way to b submitted for registration.
We are providing the Invoice copy and the TR Copy. Just that on the portal they mentioned nativity certificate.

One more thing anyone has any idea how many numbers do they release on an average everyday. I was thinking around 300 per day but sometimes it seems lower than that.

Further the list online shows a range of Starting No.TS07FC1105 Ending No. TS07FC2104 as on today (5th July). Now is this the only range available to reserve today or additional X numbers will be released. I mean is the list current or 1 day old
Old 5th July 2016, 15:00   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
We are providing the Invoice copy and the TR....... Now is this the only range available to reserve today or additional X numbers will be released. I mean is the list current or 1 day old
I registered a two wheeler and a four wheeler after 02.06.2014. One of the numbers was reserved and I wasn't asked for any other document except the ones needed for registration.

Reservation can be made within the 1000 numbers. Copy of invoice is a must.

Issuing numbers vary, according to the number of vehicles.
Old 12th July 2016, 17:10   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
I registered a two wheeler and a four wheeler after 02.06.2014. One of the numbers was reserved and I wasn't asked for any other document except the ones needed for registration.

Reservation can be made within the 1000 numbers. Copy of invoice is a must.

Issuing numbers vary, according to the number of vehicles.
We just got ourselves a number reserved today without any agents help. Procedure is simple but time consuming. Making this electronic will save time for everyone involved.
  • Fill the number reservation form avaiable on the website.
  • proofs needed - Address Proof, TR Copy and Invoice Copy
  • DD In favour of Secretary RTA, Rangareddy (district name where RTA is present), minimum Rs. 5000 for Car and Rs 2000 for 2 wheelers. Extra for special numbers. DD's with SRTA, Rangareddy also were accepted
  • Once the number of choice is displayed on the website, go with the documents and submit the same by 1pm. Atleast 30 mins in advance may be better. Rs 50 service charge is levied
  • If there is no clash in number reservation, it is confirmed by 1:30 pm. If not auction will be called for additional bids
  • Post that at 3 pm they will give the allotment letter. (Really no need to waste the time of people when there is no auction)
  • Vehicle needs to be registered within 15 days of the number allotment

Now got to go and get the vehicle registered.
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 22:31   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
We just got ourselves a number reserved today without any agents help. Proce
  • Fill the number reservation form avaiable on the website.
  • proofs needed - Address Proof, TR Copy and Invoice Copy
  • DD In favour of Secretary RTA, Rangareddy (district name where RTA is present), minimum Rs. 5000 for Car and Rs 2000 for 2 wheelers. Extra for special numbers. DD's with SRTA, Rangareddy also were accepted
  • Once the number of choice is displayed on the website, go with the documents and submit the same by 1pm. Atleast 30 mins in advance may be better. Rs 50 service charge is levied
  • If there is no clash in number reservation, it is confirmed by 1:30 pm. If not auction will be called for additional bids
  • Post that at 3 pm they will give the allotment letter. (Really no need to waste the time of people when there is no auction)
  • Vehicle needs to be registered within 15 days of the number allotment

Now got to go and get the vehicle registered.
Yes. It's as simple as that. Touts/ middle men may muddle things for a few extra bucks.

Don't blame middle men alone. Without them the MVIs lose extra income. They may try to shoe the owner with things like where is the engine number. and where is the chassis number etc.

To speak the truth, they should know where the numbers r
Old 14th July 2016, 18:14   #95
BHPian

This is wastage of money. In the then newly formed states of uttarakhand, chattisgarh and uttaranchal such a system was not put in place. Vehicles were allowed to ply with their old numbers in place. In fact in uttaranchal they went from UK to UA, one can see both vehicles on the roads. It is not even a well thought out system like the one in delhi where old number plates were replaced with new chip encoded plates at nominal cost. Seems to be a populist move.
sabnavis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 10:29   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabnavis View Post
This is wastage of money. In the then newly formed states of uttarakhand, chattisgarh and uttaranchal such a system was not put in place. Vehicles were allowed to ply with their old numbers in place. In fact in uttaranchal they went from UK to UA, one can see both vehicles on the roads. It is not even a well thought out system like the one in delhi where old number plates were replaced with new chip encoded plates at nominal cost. Seems to be a populist move.
I can share a small interesting anecdote here. I hope it does not feel OT!

Last year I was in Delhi. I was travelling in a taxi. The number of the taxi 'seemed' old even though the taxi was new. On asking, the driver told me that this was his third car with the same number!
He said that every time he traded in his old taxi, he asked and got the number transferred to the new one! It was a totally new concept to me. I am not sure how practical this is. However, it seemed to be working - at least apparently.

Girish Mahajan
Old 15th July 2016, 12:02   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
I can share a small interesting anecdote here. I hope it does not feel OT!
It is not a new thing, in fact I have seen quite a few such examples.

We have a small thread on TBHP itself.

But there are certain rules to be followed.

1. RTO usually doesn't endorse reg number portability. However, if the user demands for it, they unwillingly comply. Storing records for old numbers is tough.
2. Old number can be transferred to a new car ONLY if the owner is selling or scraping his car. This step involves getting PUCs, NOCs, Police verification certificates etc (as applicable) to clear the old car.

Another old news source is - this.
Divya Sharan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 13:23   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
It is not a new thing, in fact I have seen quite a few such examples.

We have a small thread on TBHP itself.

But there are certain rules to be followed.

1. RTO usually doesn't endorse reg number portability. However, if the user demands for it, they unwillingly comply. Storing records for old numbers is tough.
2. Old number can be transferred to a new car ONLY if the owner is selling or scraping his car. This step involves getting PUCs, NOCs, Police verification certificates etc (as applicable) to clear the old car.

Another old news source is - this.
Dear Divya Sharan,

Thanks for the update.

I shall check out the links later.

Girish Mahajan
Old 3rd September 2016, 22:07   #99
BHPian

I'm really sorry if I'm hijacking this thread but since one of my question is tied with the theme of this thread and so many from Hyderabad here, I wanted to ask some questions regarding Telangana RTO.

1. I am getting the Bank Hypothecation removed and currently have an AP number. Will I get a new TS number when "Hire purchase termination" happens? Do I get to choose the number in that case?

2. A lot of processes seem to be available online. Apart from the above mentioned, I am also getting my bike transferred to Hyd from Bangalore. The online process names are not very clear and I'm worried about making a wrong submission. Anyone has good experience in the online process or TS RTO?

3. Do we need to take appointments at the RTO in Hyderabad for all of these procedures or do we just walk in with all the documents?

Thanks in advance and I apologize again, if i'm hijacking the thread in a different direction.
Old 19th October 2016, 12:35   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
1. I am getting the Bank Hypothecation removed and currently have an AP number. Will I get a new TS number when "Hire purchase termination" happens? Do I get to choose the number in that case?

2. A lot of processes seem to be available online. Apart from the above mentioned, I am also getting my bike transferred to Hyd from Bangalore. The online process names are not very clear and I'm worried about making a wrong submission. Anyone has good experience in the online process or TS RTO?.
First - I think existing AP numbers registered in Hyderabad will stay AP lifelong rather than migrate to TS. At least the telengana RTO keeps trying to come up with a workable plan to migrate existing registration numbers - and failing miserably to do so, so they will still endorse your current AP RC with a hypothecation removed stamp is what I feel.

Second - moving a car or bike between states is a difficult and expensive process and you have to re-register the vehicle after paying life tax in Karnataka (where it is quite high - 17% for new vehicles). Involves getting a NOC from the TS RTO, after getting a police clearance certificate and then taking that along with assorted other documentations to the concerned RTO in Karnataka .. the documents plus a DD for the life tax you have to pay afresh in Karnataka.

Read some of this mega thread in tbhp - and then sell your bike here, buy a new or second hand one in karnataka. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...nd-etc-35.html
Old 21st June 2021, 07:58   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
First - I think existing AP numbers registered in Hyderabad will stay AP lifelong rather than migrate to TS. At least the telengana RTO keeps trying to come up with a workable plan to migrate existing registration numbers - and failing miserably to do so, so they will still endorse your current AP RC with a hypothecation removed stamp is what I feel.

Second - moving a car or bike between states is a difficult and expensive process and you have to re-register the vehicle after paying life tax in Karnataka (where it is quite high - 17% for new vehicles). Involves getting a NOC from the TS RTO, after getting a police clearance certificate and then taking that along with assorted other documentations to the concerned RTO in Karnataka .. the documents plus a DD for the life tax you have to pay afresh in Karnataka.

Read some of this mega thread in tbhp - and then sell your bike here, buy a new or second hand one in karnataka. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...nd-etc-35.html
Sorry bumping up an old thread.

Looking to buy used car registered in AP. After (if) re registering in TS, the registration number (APxxxxxx) remains the same?

I also assume I need to pay around 11% of depreciated ex showroom price of this car, as road tax in TS.

Is this too complicated to get through on our own, and how long will this take, given the pandemic situation we are in?

Thank you in advance.
Old 6th October 2023, 20:19   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
Sorry bumping up an old thread.

Looking to buy used car registered in AP. After (if) re registering in TS, the registration number (APxxxxxx) remains the same?

I also assume I need to pay around 11% of depreciated ex showroom price of this car, as road tax in TS.

Is this too complicated to get through on our own, and how long will this take, given the pandemic situation we are in?

Thank you in advance.
Bumping up this again

Planning to buy a used can in Hyderabad, came across an AP registration car.
The owner says the car is registered before AP - TS bifurcation. If I buy it now, do I have to re register in TS RTO and pay tax ?
Old 6th October 2023, 20:30   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Bumping up this again

Planning to buy a used can in Hyderabad, came across an AP registration car.
The owner says the car is registered before AP - TS bifurcation. If I buy it now, do I have to re register in TS RTO and pay tax ?
It is a straightforward process you can just enter the old AP number and get a TS one. https://www.deccanchronicle.com/nati...finalised.html
Old 6th October 2023, 21:09   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
It is a straightforward process you can just enter the old AP number and get a TS one. https://www.deccanchronicle.com/nati...finalised.html
So in my case, the 1St owner bought the car in 2014 and registered under AP number plate. So if I buy from him, I can re register it in TS paying the nominal fee without paying the road tax for remaining years ?
I am not clear about the tax.
Old 7th October 2023, 06:44   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
So in my case, the 1St owner bought the car in 2014 and registered under AP number plate. So if I buy from him, I can re register it in TS paying the nominal fee without paying the road tax for remaining years ?
I am not clear about the tax.
It depends on whether it is some AP district that is now in AP or if it is in TS. Eg if you bought a Hyderabad car vs a Guntur car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks