Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2008, 17:41   #331
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod: Posts moved from Dacia Logan thread to this thread so that we stay on topic
Old 6th May 2008, 18:01   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
sure nick
All I will state is that the Indian consumer is rapidly coming of age, but his spending/ capability is tempered with a lot of good sense - a legacy of a sound value system from our forebears, I would like to believe!
What you call "good sense and sound value system from our forebears" is what i call "paisa vasool mentality".. Why is everyone so touchy about it?. I have no interest in this thread and i actually find the title unfair to IT professionals. There's a whole lot of interesting cars out there, economical to operate and own, yet they don't find a market in India, even the cars designed for the youth who can afford them, and who buy them in other countries. That is my main interest. I'm not interested in the interest rate, here or anywhere. If someone brings that up, i again go back to my original comment, which elicited so many responses. Who cares?. If you guys living here cannot influence the conditions around you,to make life easier for you to live, don't point a finger at anyone else/place.Accept that you are either powerless or incapable , individually or as a group,of affecting change. Cheers!.
Old 6th May 2008, 18:06   #333
BANNED

Do Indian IT pros buy flashy cars?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
What you call "good sense and sound value system from our forebears" is what i call "paisa vasool mentality".. Why is everyone so touchy about it?. I have no interest in this thread and i actually find the title unfair to IT professionals. There's a whole lot of interesting cars out there, economical to operate and own, yet they don't find a market in India, even the cars designed for the youth who can afford them, and who buy them in other countries. That is my main interest. I'm not interested in the interest rate, here or anywhere. If someone brings that up, i again go back to my original comment, which elicited so many responses. Who cares?. If you guys living here cannot influence the conditions around you,to make life easier for you to live, don't point a finger at anyone else/place.Accept that you are either powerless or incapable , individually or as a group,of affecting change. Cheers!.
Old 21st February 2009, 16:28   #334
BANNED

A staff member at one of India's two Rolls-Royce dealerships, tells:

"Hidden beneath the billionaire mansions are the most swanky garages that hold as many luxury cars as anywhere in the world."

"And the billionaire club customize their Bentleys and Ferraris."

Toys that India's billionaires love

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks