Team-BHP - July 2014 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   July 2014 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/154170-july-2014-indian-car-sales-figures-analysis.html)

NOTES:

1: Thanks to the team at Management Punditz for sharing these sales numbers with us!

2: Only cars that sell 500+ units (and thus, the relevant ones) have been included in the gainers & losers chart.

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Indian Car Scene!

The thread we all wait for all the month is finally here, albeit late.

Tata numbers were going down month after month but this month has reported a significant rise, has to be Zest shipments to the dealers for test drive. But for that Tata has to report the sales figures of Zest clubbed with Indigolol:stupid:

Fiat is not generating anything significant and really needs a miracle product.

While Alto, Wagon R, Vento, i20, Duster, Etios, Micra, Brio, Amaze show a massive drop in numbers among the popular cars, Polo, Eeco show the opposite. Polo numbers are due to the fact that the facelift model is launched but what about Eeco, is it going to be discontinued or refreshed.

I see that there is overall drop of 10% in the overall sales numbers but at the same time ToI and other news sites report that there is increase in sales numbers for third month in a row. Does that mean there is huge inventory lying at dealerships which is getting cleared or something else as the news sites also report the same sales figures as T-BHP.

I am also missing the GTO's commentary on the monthly sales figures and the market sentiment.

Thanks for sharing the sales report. Have been waiting for it since few new models have been launched last month.

Mobilo crosses 3K+ mark in the first month, but I don't see any effect in the numbers of Ertiga, Evalla, Enjoy etc which are in direct competition of the Mobilio. Looks like addition of new buyers in the segment. Only relevant effect I see is huge drop in Brio's sales but that maybe due to production halt to produce units of the Mobilio. I feel this small MUV segment also left unexploited like the small SUVs.

There is no effect in sales of Innova either, rather its still going strong.

VW had just introduced revamped Polo and effect is little bit visible in the sales but still not welcoming. I think next month will put the better picture. Though Vento's performance is really disappointing. Let's see if the facelift improves things for them.

Tata - Zest hasn't yet entered but now eagerly waiting for the upcoming sales reports and hoping the Indian manufacturer make a striking come-back after disappointing performance in the recent past.

@Aditya, no diesel-petrol breakup this time? If possible then please try to gather the data, thats been one interesting part of the sales reports here.

Thanks again for sharing.

The swift platform (Swift + DZire + Ertiga) alone enjoys nearly 20% share of the overall market, across segments. Truly astonishing!

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP

What happened to Brio with 95% drop? Did I miss something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBR_SHR (Post 3501297)
What happened to Brio with 95% drop? Did I miss something.

I am guessing the Mobilio happened to the Brio. They probably killed the Brio for a month to make the Mobilio.

And next month we will see the City go to zero cause they are moving from Noida to Rajasthan to make the City.

The Polo alone is the silver lining for VW. And its not any better for Skoda as well. The legend is selling just around 150 units. If the Polo is taken out of the list, I think Audi may now be the best selling brand from VAG.

And whats with the Superb and Fluence? The facelift was decent, but the sales nose-dived after that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 3501302)

And whats with the Superb and Fluence? The facelift was decent, but the sales nose-dived after that!

They need to 'facelift' their after sales and dealership experiences too. Just getting facelift and fresh models won't help them much to set the charts on fire.

VAG cars are good to own and live with ONLY till warranty is existent, after that God help the owner. I do love cars from VW specially the New Polo and Vento but for their reputation and after sales.

Anurag.

It's interesting to see the undisputed leader of its segment at one time - the Skoda Superb is being outsold by its petrol-only rival - the Toyota Camry. I guess the brand image of Skoda has really taken a hit and people seem to have an aversion towards the brand now.

What is really shocking to see, is Honda Brio selling only 74 units! Guess people who loved the Brio for its looks and interiors are now buying the Mobilio instead! lol: Even the sales of the Amaze have taken a hit.

I wonder for how long do Nissan and Renault plan to survive in India relying solely on their respective SUVs. All their other vehicles have dismal sales figures, even though they are competent. It is high time Nissan and Renault offer some distinct products having the essence of the brand, rather than boring cars which nobody cares about.

Being a proud owner of a Chevy Beat, and having driven other cars in the segment as well, I would say there is no better City car than the Beat. Its sad to see Chevrolet loose the plot inspite of a good line up. This is definitely a failure of Strategy, Marketing, Brand Management and Sales rather than the product itself. I hope some one in HQ is taking note of the goof up in a market with great potential.

Honda was doing well till now and It does a ford fiesta / Honda Jazz interms of pricing with the Mobilio. We Indians love value for money and hence will buy the less priced Alto, the medium priced DZire / Amaze and the high priced City / Innova for what they offer for the price. You just don't make an okay product and price it above the competition to make a quick buck in India, doesn't fly.

Go falls flat on its head at about 800 cars per month, while the eco-sport looks like its gathering steam with steadily increasing volumes.

Some interesting times ahead with Tata introducing the Zest.

TOI reported that Honda is the No 3 in India as per July sales. But this report shows M&M is still No 3.