Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2014, 21:38   #16
BHPian

re: Skoda Yeti Facelift launched in India at 18.63 Lakhs

Their biggest limitation is not having an Auto Transmission on the Yeti . Many more would buy a Yeti 2.0 TDI with 6 or 7 Speed DSG. Only then its like an Audi Q3 at say 20 % less money. I see no logic in not offering that because they already have the product in their portfolio.

Why a TDI , get the 1.2 TSI Petrol Engine . That may also attract some buyers. I am sure Renault Duster, Nissan Terrano and Ford Ecosport marketing guys will be very happy to see this pricing on the Yeti.
Old 10th September 2014, 21:39   #17
BHPian

Skoda... What were you even thinking? I was keen to buy this car which I know for sure is a capable vehicle. I was ready to pay that premium over Duster or XUV for what this vehicle had to offer being versatile (positive) and a skoda (negative). But 5 lakh premium was fine.... Do they expect 10 lakh? For that price I can buy a Duster and top it up with an ecosport. I understand that Skoda is not expecting any huge sales, they are fine with couple of hundreds a month. I really look forward to see, especially in states such as Karnataka, who will pay 26L and buy this vehicle.
Old 10th September 2014, 21:46   #18
BHPian

The new yeti definitely looks better and the feature list looks LOADED. It is definitely targeting "niche" buyers as always.

The Skoda India website as well as its brochure say 6 airbags but the picture in the brochure additionally shows driver knee airbags + 2 side airbags at the rear which is not indicated in the brochure text

On the Indian website , 6 airbags = 2 front airbags, 2(sets) curtain airbags at both the front and the rear, and 2 side airbags at the front.​

I guess they reused the pictures from their global website which shows 9 airbags

Also they have showed the LHR version pics in their Indian brochure ( is it a premeditated "this is a foreign car" gimmick or a slip up?)
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti Facelift launched in India at 18.63 Lakhs-skoda_yeti_global_website.png  

Skoda Yeti Facelift launched in India at 18.63 Lakhs-skoda_yeti_india_brochure_pic.png  

The Observer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 22:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda launches new Yeti in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
In a one to one dialogue with the Director (Sales & Marketing), it was derived that Skoda consider the German trio as their core competitors (including Mini). Going by that logic, Skoda should have gone all out and introduced the DSG variant as well. However, Skoda denied any plans of bringing in an auto variant on the Yeti.
Unfortunately for them, the general public doesnt think of them in the same league as the german trio! What kind of sales numbers are they really expecting with this - 10 units per month? Would it really justify the launch?

How about a stripped-down Yeti (with 2 airbags & ABS included) starting at 11.99L? That would get them to sell atleast 1500 units per month! Make that 2500 units if the top end gets DSG
But Skoda wants to sell only 10 units....!!

Last edited by GTO : 12th September 2014 at 14:39. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 10th September 2014, 22:34   #20
BHPian

Saw a New Unregistered Yeti on Nelson Manickam road, Chennai! The candy white color! Looked really nice with those new head lamps & Octavia like DRLs.
Old 10th September 2014, 22:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

No Auto yet again !! Why ! #illogical
I read somewhere that most cars over Rs. 20L are automatics in India !
Skoda you guys need to bring in the TDI DSG to make any sales whatsoever.
Old 10th September 2014, 23:03   #22
Team-BHP Support

I just realised that if you don't need the 4x4, the Audi Q3S is less than 4L more than the new Yeti.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 23:10   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKD View Post
Skoda... What were you even thinking? I was keen to buy this car which I know for sure is a capable vehicle. I was ready to pay that premium over Duster or XUV for what this vehicle had to offer being versatile (positive) and a skoda (negative). But 5 lakh premium was fine.... Do they expect 10 lakh? For that price I can buy a Duster and top it up with an ecosport. I understand that Skoda is not expecting any huge sales, they are fine with couple of hundreds a month. I really look forward to see, especially in states such as Karnataka, who will pay 26L and buy this vehicle.
I completely agree with you. I am on the same boat. I am also looking for my next car to be with compact dimensions and yet premium interior. Yeti was high up there and was keenly looking forward to this launch. I was mentally prepared for 5 lakh premium over Duster. I must say I am disappointed with pricing. Now I have my eyes on Maruti SX4 cross or may be honda xrv/vezel. Also looking forward to Hyundai ix25.

May be Skoda is trying to compete with big 3 from Germany. If that's the case then they are over estimating their brand power in India. They must remember that their brand was built up on Skoda Octavia which was competitively priced and was good value for money.

Last edited by rutvij : 10th September 2014 at 23:36.
Old 11th September 2014, 01:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
The price of the Yeti is:
4x2 Elegance - 18,63,382 ex-Maharashtra/ 18,99,000 ex-Delhi
4x4 Elegance - 20,14,471 ex-Maharashtra/ 20,53,600 ex-Delhi
Is there any reason why ex-DEL prices are more than ex-MH prices? Usually its the other way around. Or is it a typo?
Old 11th September 2014, 01:33   #25
BHPian

In all probability I think skoda does not want to sell the yeti in good numbers , hence this insane pricing . Such pricing companies generally adopt for their halo products . What kind of strategy is skoda adopting here is a mystery know to them it seems .
Having said that the front new grill does look smart .
Old 11th September 2014, 09:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Is there any reason why ex-DEL prices are more than ex-MH prices? Usually its the other way around. Or is it a typo?
There is no typo for sure.

What could possibly be the reason for lower ex-MH prices is that the car is assembled at Aurangabad, MH; hence, lesser logistics and duties. However, I am just speculating
Old 11th September 2014, 09:45   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Mumbai prices are quoted post Octroi, this time that is not shown here in the price description. You may call it an omission.
Old 11th September 2014, 11:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

I always wonder how these auto biggies (with their battery of business analysts) make such huge bloopers - so out of line with market realities - and continue to do so in spite of a trail of failed products thanks to illogical (for this market) pricing. Honda, Ford, Skoda... they have all done so earlier and I am sure the story will continue. The view from their ivory towers must be rather hazy and distorted.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 11:26   #29
BHPian

Absolutely disastrous pricing. How will Skoda plan to sell this when they couldnt sell much at the older price. The on road price in Bangalore shown on carwale is 25.99Lakhs. I can get a Toyota Fortuner for a couple of Lakh more. Seems like Skoda has lost the game with the pricing.

Last edited by shazikon : 11th September 2014 at 11:29.
Old 11th September 2014, 11:32   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Firstly, the pricing is ridiculous, i can bet it's going to reflect on sales figures. I am wondering if they would be able to find any takers for initial lot, forget about long term .

If we ignore the pricing, what else do we have? The DSG is missing, the press release focuses over and over again on Electronic Safety Gizmos they always had on outgoing variant(Hill Start, ESP and related stuff, off road ESP), the Car is mechanically identical.. All that is added is purely cosmetic. I do not find the cosmetic changes worth the extra price. They have spoiled the chances for such a brilliant car!

Last edited by .anshuman : 11th September 2014 at 11:34.
.anshuman is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks