Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2014, 12:32   #31
Team-BHP Support

re: Skoda Yeti Facelift launched in India at 18.63 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
If we ignore the pricing, what else do we have? The DSG is missing, the press release focuses over and over again on Electronic Safety Gizmos they always had on outgoing variant(Hill Start, ESP and related stuff, off road ESP), the Car is mechanically identical.. All that is added is purely cosmetic. I do not find the cosmetic changes worth the extra price. They have spoiled the chances for such a brilliant car!
Yes, infact the pricing wouldn't have looked so bad if the Elegance 4x4 had DSG added in. Now there is absolutely no comparison to this car - in a league of it’s own, and probably destined to fade away in the near future. The only car against which the Yeti can look VFM is the Audi Q3 S, but the image of Audi badge can easily negate those negatives of lesser comfort features. Sad that Skoda is not able to rightly position this brilliant small crossover.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 12:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

Miss for Skoda in my opinion. It is an excellent product there is no doubting that but unfortunately the pricing is really very high , it is not the same market either when the Yeti was originally launched , many more choices available. Thanks to not offering lower trims they have further complicated the equation and neither is the car packed aggressively enough with features that it would help in overcoming the price barrier.
puchoo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 13:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

Looks nice! I liked the front end of the car very much. It looks more matured now, in my opinion. Thumbs up for the look. The central console still looks unimpressive though. Its a bit too bland for my liking.

And then the pricing - agree with what has been said in the previous pages. I have nothing more to add.
Old 11th September 2014, 13:32   #34
BHPian

Pricing of Yeti with the missing DSG yet again, long waiting periods and un-availability of Octavia, no plans for launching the upcoming Fabia in India... Hmmm one would wonder what is the parent company VW doing with Skoda! Putting brakes on one division to boost sales of the other or did they just think that this strategy would fetch them numbers for Skoda? I think it's obvious!
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 14:25   #35
BHPian

Shocking to see Skoda snuff themselves out of the SUV market. Pegged against the likes of Fortuner, Santa Fe the Yeti seems completely overpriced. The changes made look cosmetic and therefore would not appeal to a driving enthusiast. Add to that their unpredictable A.S.S should send shockwaves to potential consumers.

Adios Skoda. You did have a good run, but all good things have to come to an end.
subraiyr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 15:18   #36
BHPian

I'm completely lost for words here. Even with the old pricing i always thought it needed the DSG to actually make any sense because its a niche product and i'm certain in that particular customer base and automatic box is an absolute necessity. Now they go and increase the price by about 5-6 lakhs OTR bangalore for the top end spec minus the DSG, I think at that price even the A3 Base makes more sense even though its not comparable in terms of GC and interior space it is at par when it comes to engine specs and oh yes it has the DSG .
Skoda has lost its path. VW has lost it completely.
zombiedriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 15:24   #37

Skoda India has lost it. Period.

They wanted to sell 200 units per month, will probably not even sell 20 per month. Within a month discounts will be offered to the tune of 4-5 lakhs and they would still not find buyers.

No wonder the XUV500 is ruling the roost. If only the Yeti was priced at par with XUV, it would have given the XUV a run for its money.

Excellent vehicle, killed by the Skoda India thinktank. I understand they have their cost constraints, but then just discontinue the vehicle. Why bother with production, marketing and distribution only to realise that you can't sell!
rahul.blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 17:15   #38
Senior - BHPian

I feel lucky to have gotten my Yeti elegance at 2/3 rd the current price! The new pricing is beyond logic. In fact, every existing owners, including me bought the Yeti because of huge discounts in tune of 3-4L. So I am pretty sure in few months, when the inventory piles up, should be available at 20L OTR or less. Nevertheless, this is a vehicle you will not want to part away once you overcome its quirkiness - it is just so versatile!
iTNerd is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 17:21   #39
BHPian

Why does Skoda even bother launching such a product at this price point. Its neither here nor there. Will hardly do volume of 100 units per month. Complete waste of time and resources. Now if they had launched it at 14 -15 lacs, it could've been a very different story.

Last edited by manishk123 : 11th September 2014 at 17:23.
manishk123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 17:51   #40
Senior - BHPian

I'm glad Skoda launched a perfect 6 speed manual in a complete sea of boring German automatics. Before someone points out, yeah I'd pick a 6 speed manual over the DSG or any of the "-tronics" out there. Why they've overpriced it is beyond me! But then, when Toyota has priced the Fortuner sky high, Skoda, a more premium brand can be forgiven. You don't find the same creature comforts of the Yeti on a Fortuner. Moreover, the 2 litre is more refined. Someone mentioned the Q3 as an alternative. Does it have a manual? I guess not. I would pick the Yeti just for that lovely 6 speeder and oil burner.
Old 11th September 2014, 17:51   #41
BHPian

The only positive I see in this pricing is Skoda has helped increase the value of the old Yeti.
Bomi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 18:30   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
I'm glad Skoda launched a perfect 6 speed manual in a complete sea of boring German automatics. Before someone points out, yeah I'd pick a 6 speed manual over the DSG or any of the "-tronics" out there. Why they've overpriced it is beyond me! But then, when Toyota has priced the Fortuner sky high, Skoda, a more premium brand can be forgiven. You don't find the same creature comforts of the Yeti on a Fortuner. Moreover, the 2 litre is more refined. Someone mentioned the Q3 as an alternative. Does it have a manual? I guess not. I would pick the Yeti just for that lovely 6 speeder and oil burner.
The Q3S has a manual 6 speeder. 140 Bhp-320 Nm and front wheel drive.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 19:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

I Think this product is a dud even before it is launched.

The prices are very close to the Fortuner and Endeavour. Probably only the Skoda fans will buy the Yeti and that sale number is not sufficient for Skoda. Expect some discounts and lower price very very soon or a stripped down model starting 14-15 lacs.

Even a used Q3 for same price points seems better VFM than thee Yeti.
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 20:06   #44
Team-BHP Support

Well the previous gen 4x4 Elegance was 18+ ex showroom if I remember correctly before they stopped selling it late last year or early this year. Considering they have added adaptive bi-xenons, LED drls, electric drivers seat with memory (+mirror memory), Tire pressure loss warning, and bluetooth along with streaming, not to mention a front which is pleasing to look at and not quirky, I think the price increase is fine. Yes it is expensive, but a Q3 with the same specs + 30bhp, a DSG and a pano roof is 20l more.

All in all I think this price with a DSG would have been just fine.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 21:25   #45
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Its a good vehicle.

I guess that our market overall is just not yet ready for the small SUV type vehicle except if it is priced dead cheap OR if it is perceived as super prestigious.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks