Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2006, 22:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
What is the source of your info. Even E-class goes for more than that per day (incl driver)
You're right - the rates mentioned are cheaper than DXB rates. If you do get the 7 at 8k a day, its a bargain. A regular, base c-Segment car goes at about Rs.800 (esteem) to Rs.1,200 (Accent CRDi) a day. There's no way a 7 would go for 8k, unless its an old 2nd hand import.
Old 29th July 2006, 23:02   #17
BHPian

the catch is....

the rate of 8,000 was also mentioned in a newspaper article about the same time as the clip on the Telly.

The catch is - you can 'sit' in the car, not drive it! It comes with the driver.

Now thats not so much fun!
Old 29th July 2006, 23:36   #18
BHPian

The 8k price might be even bearable but what about the deposit to be kept with the rental company....that would surely be a hefty sum
Old 30th July 2006, 01:47   #19
BHPian

I wonder why there will be any deposits if it already comes with a driver to take care of the car. Can understand if its on self.
Old 30th July 2006, 17:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Dude,
8000bucks per day is almost 29.2L a year.
Instead, one could use the same cash and buy a BMW 7 series on loan for 3 years.
It would work out cheaper.
Dude someone will rent it only if he is not able to afford it.......
Old 30th July 2006, 18:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
and by the way, when did Hertz start in India?
Hertz has been here since a long time. It operates chauffeur driven cars for airport transfers and corporate rentals; their main area of operation was to/from the Hyatt (in Mumbai), if I remember correctly.

As for the Beemer, well, I'm waiting for the day when Hertz or any other co. starts renting out Ford GT's and Lambos, as in the States. Don't care if they ask for 25K per day; I'd do almost anything to get behind the wheel of a Lambo (or a Jag XK/XJ), even if it's for a day....
Old 30th July 2006, 20:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

@Lamborghini
Whoz gonna rent it everyday!? Its just for that special occasion, or when u have too much cash left.
Old 2nd August 2006, 02:05   #23
BHPian

Well, I am on a lookout for a decent car for my wedding and I can confirm that, that the rate of 8K per day is pretty much accurate for a 7 Series/ E-Class (its around 10 K for a day OR Rs. 125/Km in Delhi)and if it happens to be a wedding/special occasion , the rates go up the roof without any justification.
Just that I am slightly dissapointed that - a lot of well experienced T-Bhp'ians , whose opinion I give a lot of weightage to -thought otherwise.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th February 2012 at 09:49. Reason: Removed tags
Old 31st August 2006, 18:32   #24
BHPian

Watch out for the daily km limits

Guys
Dont know about the deal here as far as renting a Beamer is concerned - but when in the US tried finding out about renting a ferrari/porsche per day
In cali/ arizona - the cost of a Ferrari / porsche is typically 2500$ -3000 $ per day (california is the more expensive one) and that is excl. taxes and insurance( which will be charged on a daily basis) and will also add at least 25% to your cost
But the biggest bummer for me ( even if me and my friend thought we would plonk down the money and feel like millionaires for a day) was that it restricted u to 50 miles a day ( which is nothing really) and then additional 2-5 miles- so if one were to really take the car thru its paces - say about 400 miles - u would end up paying another 700$ dollars
The best the avis guy we went to could do was give us a 70$ a day cadillac ( but that is another story)
Hertz will rent u jags and humvees starting around 150/day (excl tax/insurance)
Old 1st September 2006, 11:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

That price sounds very cheap for 7-series. Last month my cousin rented a C-class in Hyderabad for his wedding and it costed him 5000.

The funny thing is the car was still on Temp. registration and everybody thought my cousin got it as dowry.
Old 1st September 2006, 14:27   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
The funny thing is the car was still on Temp. registration and everybody thought my cousin got it as dowry.
That's interesting...

The Kms restriction is true in India too... even when you are renting a Santro from Hertz for less than three days the restriction is some 150 odd Kms.
Old 25th February 2012, 02:09   #27
BHPian

Wedding Wagon needed!

Any leads on renting a 7er/5er/S/E or others of the appropriate ilk for a few kms for a wedding?

In Pune!

Last edited by Edmund : 25th February 2012 at 02:12.
Old 21st May 2012, 18:42   #28
Senior - BHPian

Re: Wedding Wagon needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
Any leads on renting a 7er/5er/S/E or others of the appropriate ilk for a few kms for a wedding?

In Pune!
Looking something similar in DELHI .Any one know any reliable place where my friend can rent a luxury car for 200 kms ?
Old 22nd May 2012, 23:44   #29
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Drive a 7 series @ 8k per day!

I guess 8K for a day or two is a great price for special occations (like marriages etc.).

But it seems a bit less for a recent cars, I guess it is probably already a 3-5 year old vehicle that was bought by a rental agency for this purpose.

Obviously even thinking of renting it out for longer term is senseless even at this price point.

Yes in time as the market develops it should be possible to get all kinds of higher end vehicles on rent at a reasonable price.
Old 23rd May 2012, 08:34   #30
BHPian

Re: Drive a 7 series @ 8k per day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Hertz has been here since a long time. It operates chauffeur driven cars for airport transfers and corporate rentals; their main area of operation was to/from the Hyatt (in Mumbai), if I remember correctly.

day....
Hertz used to operate in India through it's franchisee -Carz on Rent. Carz on Rent went independent in 2009/2010. Hertz seems to have started it operation again recently. I am not sure whether it is a franchisee or direct operation

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks