Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2014, 17:30   #1
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai's Roadside Assistance Program for out of warranty cars

Hyundai Motor India has announced a 24x7 Roadside Assistance Program (RSA) for its customers across the country whose cars are beyond the warranty period.

Hyundai launched its roadside assistance program for new customers back in 2010. This year the company is extending it other customers albeit at a cost. The maturity of the coverage would be up to 6 years from the date of delivery of the vehicle to first customer. The policy can be purchased within warranty period as well.

Rates for the various coverage periods of the policy are given below:
  • 1 year - Rs. 899
  • 2 years - Rs. 1,499
  • 3 years - Rs. 1,999

Services offered under the RSA:
  • National Coverage
  • 24 x 7 dedicated call centre (Toll Free Number 1800 102 4645)
  • Breakdown & Accidental Towing
  • Minor mechanical / electrical on-site repair
  • Battery jump start
  • Assistance over phone
  • Key lock out
  • Flat tyre support
  • Emergency fuel support
  • Taxi coordination
  • Legal / Medical coordination
  • Custody services

Benefits for customers:
  • Single point of contact for any kind of roadside assistance (end to end solution)
  • 24x7 Dedicated call center
  • Towing in case of any breakdown or accident to nearest Hyundai dealership
  • Pan India coverage for roadside assistance

Last edited by Aditya : 29th September 2014 at 17:33.
Aditya is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 18:20   #2
BANNED

Re: Hyundai's Roadside Assistance Program for out of warranty cars

Good to see such programs by Hyundai. To me rates too seem reasonable lets see how many takers are there for this program.

Skoda / VW customers will be the happiest if they launch such a program.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 18:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
  • National Coverage
Benefits for customers:
  • Pan India coverage for roadside assistance
What exactly does this mean? Anywhere in India or is there a fineprint?
Old 29th September 2014, 19:53   #4
BHPian

Thanks Aditya for the information. Do we need to get in touch with dealer for purchase of the policy?

I could not locate the above information at their site
http://www.customercare.hyundai.co.i...stance-87.aspx
Old 29th September 2014, 20:02   #5
BHPian

Quote:
The maturity of the coverage would be up to 6 years from the date of delivery of the vehicle to first customer.
Does this mean that one cannot buy RSA for Vehicles bought in say 2005?.
Old 29th September 2014, 23:05   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
What exactly does this mean? Anywhere in India or is there a fineprint?
Pan-India reach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Thanks Aditya for the information. Do we need to get in touch with dealer for purchase of the policy?

I could not locate the above information at their site
Official Press Release:

Quote:
New Delhi, September 29, 2014: Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL), the country’s largest exporter and the second-largest car manufacturer in association with Allianz Global Assistance (AGA) has introduced a special 24x7 Roadside Assistance (RSA) extended Program for the Hyundai customers beyond the warranty period. Hyundai’s Roadside Assistance policy can be availed at a nominal amount that will help customers to maintain the roadside assistance for years to come.
Hyundai Motor India offers services, maintenance and roadside assistance for the new vehicle purchase with unlimited kilometers. The program is designed to enhance the customer ownership experience and ensure that customers get immediate and hassle free service in the event of any breakdown.

On the RSA Program, Mr. Rakesh Srivastava, Sr. VP - Sales & Marketing said, “The Hyundai Road Side Assistance Program was launched in 2010, with the aim of providing emergency road side assistance services round the clock to ensure a hassle free Hyundai’s ownership experience. This year we are extending the policy for all customers aiming to provide them pan India reach with maximum assistance, benefit and services.”

Customer can avail the RSA Program at nominal price:

RSA Package Details Rs. MRP (All Inclusive) 
1 Year Coverage 899/- 
2 Year Coverage 1,499/-
3 Year Coverage 1,999/-

Eligibility Criteria
The maturity of the coverage would be upto 6 years from the date of delivery of the vehicle to 1st customer. The policy can be purchased within warranty period also. Refer the table as selling criteria as per the vehicle age.

Scope of Services offered under “Hyundai Roadside Assistance Retail Program”:
  • National Coverage
  • Minor Mechanical/Electrical – On site repair
  • Battery Jump Start
  • Assistance over phone
  • Key Lock Out
  • Flat tyre support
  • Emergency Fuel support
  • Taxi coordination
  • Custody services
Benefits for customers
  • Single point of contact for any kind of roadside assistance (End to End Solution)
  • 24x7 Dedicated call center to ensure prompt and quality assistance
  • Safe towing in case of any breakdown or accident to nearest Hyundai Dealership
  • Pan India coverage for Roadside assistance
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Does this mean that one cannot buy RSA for Vehicles bought in say 2005?.
Nope.

FULL DETAILS - Hyundai's Official Press Release

Last edited by RavenAvi : 29th September 2014 at 23:07.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 11:56   #7
BHPian

This is something i would highly appreciate as a measure of improving trust in the company operations. The main highlights of this programme would sure be PAN INDIA coverage and Assistance for non warranty issues.

Kudos to Hyundai.

At a cost of Rs. 2/day, ensuring such a service would automatically ensure peace of mind.
Old 1st October 2014, 12:19   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Rates for the various coverage periods of the policy are given below:
  • 1 year - Rs. 899
  • 2 years - Rs. 1,499
  • 3 years - Rs. 1,999
roadside assistance[/list]
Rs 899 per year is not expensive, I feel.
I had the idea that the flat tyre support includes them coming in and fixing the puncture. But they just come in and change out the spare tyre. Not much value unless you are not in a hurry. Ford charges about 1600 per year (or its 1100 per year, I do not recall the exact figure).
glenmz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 15:37   #9
RSR
Senior - BHPian

This is a good customer friendly move from Hyundai! And the rates are pretty reasonable as well. I only wish they extend the period for availing the service to 10 years (from the current 6) of the first purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
I had the idea that the flat tyre support includes them coming in and fixing the puncture. But they just come in and change out the spare tyre. Not much value unless you are not in a hurry.
Yes, it may not be of much value to a majority of users most of the time. However, it certainly would be of great value to a good number of users, which makes it a good thing to have in the list!

I'm not trying to stereotype here, but I do think it would be very useful for ladies, senior citizens, people suffering from back pain, differently abled people etc. Why, it may even turn out to be very useful for a healthy male youth who is driving himself to a job interview, important function etc., is appropriately dressed for the occasion and does not want to get his hands and clothes dirty in that situation. Even otherwise, should one prefer to change the flat by himself/herself, what if one discovers (to one's great horror ) that the spare tyre itself is practically flat?

Last edited by RSR : 1st October 2014 at 15:43.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 16:15   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
This is a good customer friendly move from Hyundai! And the rates are pretty reasonable as well. I only wish they extend the period for availing the service to 10 years (from the current 6) of the first purchase.

Yes, it may not be of much value to a majority of users most of the time. However, it certainly would be of great value to a good number of users, which makes it a good thing to have in the list!

I'm not trying to stereotype here, but I do think it would be very useful for ladies, senior citizens, people suffering from back pain, differently abled people etc. Why, it may even turn out to be very useful for a healthy male youth who is driving himself to a job interview, important function etc., is appropriately dressed for the occasion and does not want to get his hands and clothes dirty in that situation. Even otherwise, should one prefer to change the flat by himself/herself, what if one discovers (to one's great horror ) that the spare tyre itself is practically flat?
Dont think they will be of help if the spare tyre is flat (unless you mention this to them and they come with a tyre inflator).
I did use ford RSA once when i was ill with fever. Since they mentioned that they will not be fixing the puncture, asked them to come with a pump. The punctured tyre was inflated, I drove to the nearest puncture shop and fixed the puncture.
glenmz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 16:23   #11
BHPian

Quote:
  • National Coverage
  • Minor mechanical / electrical on-site repair
  • Battery jump start
  • Assistance over phone
  • Key lock out
  • Flat tyre support
  • Emergency fuel support
  • Taxi coordination
  • Custody services
I believe most of Insurance companies are now including them as one of the Add-Ons and the price for them is much less (Rs. 99 from ICICI and similarly by Bajaj and others).
I always opt for the RSA while renewing my insurance and thus always have the RSA irrespective of the age of vehichle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Good to see such programs by Hyundai. To me rates too seem reasonable lets see how many takers are there for this program.

Skoda / VW customers will be the happiest if they launch such a program.

Anurag.
Its already there since a long time.
Skoda Road Side Assistance
achopraa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 16:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

When are they starting this service? I asked about it in the service center during yesterday's service and everyone were clueless about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Why, it may even turn out to be very useful for a healthy male youth who is driving himself to a job interview, important function etc., is appropriately dressed for the occasion and does not want to get his hands and clothes dirty in that situation.
+1. Out of the 6 punctures my car had, 5 punctures were discovered when I'm about to leave to office after getting dressed in the morning. It's very irritating to get the hands dirty at that time. These kind of services will be very helpful in such situations.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 1st October 2014 at 16:44.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 17:13   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post

Its already there since a long time.
Lol. Though it is of not great use. Existing owners are still complaining and unhappy with VW / Skoda.

Anurag.
Old 29th March 2019, 23:25   #14
BHPian

Sorry for bumping up an old thread!

My Hyundai Creta SX petrol manual just doesn't want to start. Upon pressing the start stop button the car just keeps beeping continuously.

Tried calling roadside assistance numbers of Hyundai. The toll free number does not get answered and the 0124 2564645 says that the number is incorrect.

Sadly I am stuck with my family at a roadside and there is no help I am getting either from Hyundai or Tata AIG, which my card insurance company.
Old 29th March 2019, 23:36   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Sorry for bumping up an old thread!

My Hyundai Creta SX petrol manual just doesn't want to start. Upon pressing the start stop button the car just keeps beeping continuously.
Looks like the battery is down. If you can try calling TVS assist tel:1800 258 9191 and you may ask for battery charging assistance. They may reach you with spare battery and try charging with jumper cable or help you tow the vehicle to where you wish to take it.

You may also try calling RSA 247 roadside assistance in Pune at this number tel:+91-77-7001-7001. http://www.rsa247.co/#

Yet another number +91 7262 911 911 to call spa wings https://spanwings.in roadside assistance.

Last edited by cs_rajesh : 29th March 2019 at 23:49. Reason: Added more roadside assitance phone numbers
cs_rajesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks