Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2014, 23:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

The "E" variant of the Brio is no longer listed in honda's website and neither in their dealer's. Have they left out the base version now?
Old 26th October 2014, 11:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze and Brio get some changes (October 2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
The "E" variant of the Brio is no longer listed in honda's website and neither in their dealer's. Have they left out the base version now?
Looks like they were in the process of updating Brio site with the new spec. Updated spec sheet is in place for Brio and it includes E MT variant.

http://www.hondacarindia.com/HondaBrio/features.html

One thing I notice is that the anticipated white/blue illumination is not listed yet. It still says amber illumination for all variants of Brio.

Amaze site is yet to be updated though.

EDIT: Just realized that the so called new "Majestic Blue" shade to be introduced in Brio is the same shade of blue that is already present in Amaze. I never liked the blue in Amaze but loved the bright shade of Brio. They should have done it the other way round - get rid of majestic blue in Amaze and replace with Energetic Blue shade from Brio.

Last edited by zenren : 26th October 2014 at 11:34.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 20:58   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
The RS projector headlights are a straightfit to the amaze or brio. I had tried installing this last month , but couldn't go ahead as the wiring kit wasn't available.

Will wait for the wiring kit instead of risking short circuits by cutting wires to install this.
Even I wanted to replace my Amaze's headlight with the RS projector headlights ever since I came to know of it. How much did you pay for the pair of headlamps? And how much does the writing kit cost?
Old 26th October 2014, 22:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Looks like they were in the process of updating Brio site with the new spec. Updated spec sheet is in place for Brio and it includes E MT variant..

I checked with the dealers in Bangalore and they confirmed that the "E" variant has been stopped now. Apparently they are called "EX" now.
Old 26th October 2014, 23:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
Even I wanted to replace my Amaze's headlight with the RS projector headlights ever since I came to know of it. How much did you pay for the pair of headlamps? And how much does the writing kit cost?

I haven't bought it. Was just checking the mountings and realised that it wasn't worth it without a wiring kit. Dakshin Honda tells me this kit should be available by December 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
What's with the removal of tachometer? Is it for cost reasons or to enhance the difference in features between base & higher end variants? If the reason is cost, then it's 2014, how much is Honda going to save by removing a tachometer?! I remember tachometer as a differentiating feature in cars in 1990's where only the top end variant used to get it. Seems Honda wants to go back to the 1990's.

It's just impossible to drive a Diesel engine without a tachometer. Are you sure these newer variants wouldn't feature a tacho?
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 23:41   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
I haven't bought it. Was just checking the mountings and realised that it wasn't worth it without a wiring kit. Dakshin Honda tells me this kit should be available by December 2014.
But do you by any chance know how much they cost? Can you also check if you can get the "service manual" for Honda amaze from them. I tried asking a few times to sundaram Honda but had no luck.

Last edited by Whiplash7 : 26th October 2014 at 23:44.
Old 27th October 2014, 16:41   #22
BHPian

The updated Honda Amaze is up in the showrooms. Saw one in Golden Brown color (same as the one available in Honda City), here in one of the showrooms in Delhi.
Old 5th November 2014, 21:15   #23
BHPian

A Honda Amaze CNG test mule has been spotted as per report on Motorbash.com

Source : http://motorbash.com/honda-amaze-spy...-launch-india/
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze and Brio get some changes (October 2014)-hondaamazecngspypic.jpg  

uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 14:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Some welcome changes.

The amber back light and the speedo console over all looked drab.
The inclusion of a full information MID would have been a certain welcome.

Tried surfing for the new speedo console but nothing yet. Looking forward for the pics.
To answer my query for the benefits of other Bhpians, the new Speedo Console of Amaze is as below:

Honda Amaze and Brio get some changes (October 2014)-intkeyimg7.jpg

Sort of another missed change.
Would have loved a better and more engaging MID.
Also , an analogue Console for Fuel and Temperature would have been a lot desirable.
arnabchak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 00:29   #25
BHPian

Does anyone have a pic of the external changes on the new Brio (aka the City styled ORVM)
Old 11th November 2014, 22:12   #26
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 12th November 2014 at 12:07.
Whiplash7 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th November 2014, 15:20   #27
BHPian

My first thought on seeing the link was that they would have brought down the NVH levels in side the cabin of Amaze. Sadly it was not to be.

Good that they are up to some thing in Amaze especially after reading that Tata Zest marginally overtook Amaze in October Sales.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks