Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2006, 17:29   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
.. you need to know the car inside out before you start throwing it around (just explains why you couldn't push the baleno)
You are absolutely correct but even the Baleno owner couldn't handle the car if I've understood his post.....perhaps he didn't know the car either you're saying?
Old 31st August 2006, 17:30   #77
Senior - BHPian

I can only tell you my dear friends, ALL cars at that time had tremendous respect for the loud rasping engine snarl of the OHC as it crossed 4k rpm and went on to almost 7k rpm. Everybody else was too busy changing gears at 4-5k rpm. Since no baleno (some ikons used to try unsuccessfully) ever tried to challenge, I do not want to say more. Only a 1.6 palio did, though at that time I was not really alert, was slow in downshifting and some traffic intervened. We all know the OHCs were not known for their mid-range grunt anyway. Also when I mean outrun, I do not simply mean drag, but outrun as in normal road conditions, including turns, etc. Even today, at stock, OHC VTEC would perhaps take on any car save maybe Octy RS.

Anyway as a peace offering, it could perhaps be said that the baleno I drove did not have proper tires or alignment, leading to it's terrible handling. The baleno is a decent overall car with smooth ride and VXI is quite VFM. But I would not buy it as a stock driver's car, based on my experience.
Old 31st August 2006, 17:31   #78
Team-BHP Support

Ok. Guess no-one got the message to stick with the topic. Time for this thread to close. If anyone has something to post that concerns the topic, please PM a moderator and we will reopen it.

Last edited by Rtech : 31st August 2006 at 17:33.
Old 5th September 2006, 18:53   #79
Team-BHP Support

Somebody was asking how can Baleno look good from the top, so I wanted to show this photo. Didn't want to open a new thread since the question was asked in this thread.

It is still pretty, eye of the beholder or not.

This thread will be closed if it goes off-topic again.
Old 6th September 2006, 10:00   #80
Team-BHP Support

That sure does look good!
Old 6th September 2006, 14:00   #81
Senior - BHPian

samurai,
where is the pic that you said you will take of your car from your office, high above ?
Old 6th September 2006, 14:25   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
samurai,
where is the pic that you said you will take of your car from your office, high above ?
Well, you are looking at it. This was taken 30ft above the ground. Ok, I took this from my new office under construction, instead of my current office. It is more greener.
Old 6th September 2006, 15:13   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Well, you are looking at it. This was taken 30ft above the ground. Ok, I took this from my new office under construction, instead of my current office. It is more greener.
no, not this one, samurai. you said that your car was parked between the lancer & some other car. remember ???

p.s. which part of karnataka is this >??
Old 6th September 2006, 15:25   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
no, not this one, samurai. you said that your car was parked between the lancer & some other car. remember ???
Well, this is the same car. But are you expecting me to get those Octy, Lancer & Fiesta to pose with my car again. That's a tough one, I don't know who owns the Octy and Lancer. And I am not going to wait around in the parking lot for another such chance.

Quote:
p.s. which part of karnataka is this >??
Coastal, as it says on the left side.
Old 7th September 2006, 13:57   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Well, this is the same car. But are you expecting me to get those Octy, Lancer & Fiesta to pose with my car again. That's a tough one, I don't know who owns the Octy and Lancer. And I am not going to wait around in the parking lot for another such chance.

Coastal, as it says on the left side.
ha ha ha , thats very funny...then i suppose you can say that i live on the coastal tamil nadu or the east coast. lol

the way you said it earlier, i presumed that you worked in a city & that your car was parked in a parking lot. i did not imagine a green hilly kind of terrain as the picture shows.
Old 7th September 2006, 14:46   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the way you said it earlier, i presumed that you worked in a city & that your car was parked in a parking lot. i did not imagine a green hilly kind of terrain as the picture shows.
My current and future office are within line of sight. Yes, I am a rural IT worker, I live in a village.

Anyway, what difference does it make. Enough questions about me, let's stick to the topic which is about Baleno.

Last edited by Samurai : 7th September 2006 at 15:10.
Old 7th September 2006, 14:49   #87
BHPian

thats one of the hillock areas in the coastal belt very famous for education institutions

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks