Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2015, 13:33   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Source: http://www.worldcarfans.com/11503018...head-of-geneva

The new leaked image of YRA shows significant changes to the head lamp as well as front bumper compared to the earlier spyshots. The new one is more "harmonized" as Suzuki says, IMO.

Attachment 1345528Attachment 1345529

Source: http://www.globalsuzuki.com/geneva2015/

The link says the 2 cars - Ik-2 and Im-4 - will be unveiled tomorrow.

Wow... They have actually gone ahead and made last minute changes to the design!

The new one looks much better IMO and more suited to the overall sleek design of the car. Can match upto the Elite i20 if the rest of the package can promise the similar standards.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2015, 14:27   #17
BANNED

re: Suzuki's new hatchback (Baleno) & SUV (Ignis) teased - Unveiling in March 2015

If the IM-4 is not the Jimny replacement as mentioned by Suzuki management and not the YBA (seeing the overall size), what's the SUV lineup of Suzuki?

The Kei SUV - Hustler
Jimny
This IM-4 mini SUV
YBA
S-Cross
Vitara

Confusing lineup, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
Well the YRA in concept form may have those different bumpers and the car we saw earlier in Delhi could be the final version, what say?
Quite possible, as a straight bumper will be more economical than those curvy ones. Also, those Swift head lamps will help to reduce the cost considering the economies of scale. If so, shame on you, Suzuki!
Old 2nd March 2015, 15:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

re: Suzuki's new hatchback (Baleno) & SUV (Ignis) teased - Unveiling in March 2015

I feel this new SUV concept will be featuring the same underpinnings as the YBA, but will have a more funky look on the lines of the Nissan Juke etc.
Old 3rd March 2015, 02:06   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki's iK-2 and iM-4 being set up in its stall at Geneva.

Suzuki's new hatchback (Baleno) & SUV (Ignis) teased - Unveiling in March 2015-20150302_211927.jpg

https://instagram.com/p/zu8DuwQSgI/?modal=true

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd March 2015 at 02:09.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 08:41   #20
BHPian

Wow, the IM-4 looks kinda cute. But, the car seems to look very tiny from the pictures, especially the rear door.
Old 3rd March 2015, 09:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki.. Stop trying to copy Mini for godsake!! The Mini Countryman look alike doesn't cut it and you are a size too small anyway. And really raising a hatchback and applying chunky mirrors and some body cladding makes a SUV?
Old 3rd March 2015, 09:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

I think the mini-SUV is too small and almost the size of Wagon-R. It very closely resembles the Kia Soul. Although I should admit it was one superb car. A lot of space for passengers and for luggage as well. Steady at highway speeds too, thanks to its broad tires.

So the IM-4 is not the YBA that was captured as scoop multiple times in India?
Old 3rd March 2015, 11:19   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Suzuki.. Stop trying to copy Mini for godsake!!
A body-colored A-pillar will be OK for you? You are calling it a copy just because the A-pillar is black.

Quote:
And really raising a hatchback and applying chunky mirrors and some body cladding makes a SUV?
Do you have more details of this car to say this? It was mentioned by the company that it will be a 4x4.

Your description suits more for Hyundai i20 cross, Toyota Etios cross and Fiat Punto cross.
Old 3rd March 2015, 11:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Kei SUV - Hustler
Jimny
This IM-4 mini SUV
YBA
S-Cross
Vitara
Confusing lineup, IMO.
I am guessing IM-4 is the concept form of YBA.

Hustler is extremely popular here in Japan and it has a waiting period of close to 4 months. Do they really call it a Kei-SUV though?!

Considering the level of Suzuki's platform / component sharing, I feel they may not have spent a truck-load of money in developing the similar SUVs / cross-overs. If a confused customer chooses within their showroom, I think Suzuki will be happy.

Quote:
Suzuki.. Stop trying to copy Mini for godsake!!
Somehow, I am not able to see the Mini copy in it at all!
Old 3rd March 2015, 11:52   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
I am guessing IM-4 is the concept form of YBA.

Hustler is extremely popular here in Japan and it has a waiting period of close to 4 months. Do they really call it a Kei-SUV though?!
I guess Hustler is under the Kei dimensions.

Quote:
If a confused customer chooses within their showroom, I think Suzuki will be happy.

Agree, but I would like to see a very simple lineup:

Hustler
YBA replacing Gypsy/Jimny
Vitara
Old 3rd March 2015, 11:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess Hustler is under the Kei dimensions.
Yes, I know the Hustler is a Kei car. I was just wondering if Suzuki describes it as an SUV. But on further investigation, probably they do call it something to that effect - seeing all the camping and surfing pictures on the Hustler page. Sad. It is a tiny little car.

http://www.suzuki.co.jp/car/hustler/

And YBA is based on a modified Swift platform.
It is not a worthy replacement for the hardcore Gypsy / Jimny.
It could be a good competitor to the likes of Ecosport.

Last edited by Viju : 3rd March 2015 at 11:58.
Old 3rd March 2015, 12:11   #27
BANNED

Quote:
And YBA is based on a modified Swift platform.
It is not a worthy replacement for the hardcore Gypsy / Jimny.
It could be a good competitor to the likes of Ecosport.
Nowadays, many manufacturers are tilting towards the monocoque design from tough ladder-on-frame design. Suzuki is no exemption - their Vitara has now become a true monocoque design.

And I don't think it's impossible to build a tough offroader on a monocoque structure - or at least on a hybrid struture like that of older Grand Vitara. So, who knows what's on offer from these manufacturers!
Old 3rd March 2015, 14:11   #28
BHPian

The im2 looks much nicer in these new images. And quite big!
In fact the side profile reminds me a lot of the Merc A class.
Hatchbacks make a lot of sense on congested Indian roads & a super premium hatch is the right way forward for Maruti. The stellar sales of i20 point that the market is ripe for such cars.
Silverfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 16:07   #29
BANNED

Source: http://www.globalsuzuki.com/geneva2015/index2.html

The much-awaited IM-4 pictures are out.
Suzuki's new hatchback (Baleno) & SUV (Ignis) teased - Unveiling in March 2015-im4_02_1.jpgSuzuki's new hatchback (Baleno) & SUV (Ignis) teased - Unveiling in March 2015-im4_01_1.jpgSuzuki's new hatchback (Baleno) & SUV (Ignis) teased - Unveiling in March 2015-im4_03_1.jpgSuzuki's new hatchback (Baleno) & SUV (Ignis) teased - Unveiling in March 2015-im4_06_1.jpg

Source: http://www.globalsuzuki.com/geneva20...hnologies.html

The new ladder-on-frame may underpin the IM-4? Or is it for the next gen Gypsy?
Suzuki's new hatchback (Baleno) & SUV (Ignis) teased - Unveiling in March 2015-platform_image.jpg

Last edited by romeomidhun : 3rd March 2015 at 16:20.
Old 3rd March 2015, 16:47   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

YRA unveiled.

Suzuki's new hatchback (Baleno) & SUV (Ignis) teased - Unveiling in March 2015-suzukiik2frontthreequartersrightpressimage.jpg
Suzuki's new hatchback (Baleno) & SUV (Ignis) teased - Unveiling in March 2015-suzukiik2rearthreequarterleftpressimage.jpg

Source: lauch pics
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed