Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2017, 08:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)

Thank God! The headlights are no longer connected to the grille.

The grille is a little bit bigger, but I can live with that compared to the light-grille fusion earlier.
The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-screen_shot_20170624_at_20.51.06.png

Side profile looks good - proportional and with full LED front and rear lights.
The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-screen_shot_20170624_at_20.49.10_1.png

Tail lights again a little too big and doesn't match with headlights.
The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-screen_shot_20170624_at_20.42.34.png

Looks lovely in there.
The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-screen_shot_20170624_at_20.54.55.png

source
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 14:34   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's the leaked advert

Look good overall. Looks like a derivative of the X1 which leads the family look for the BMW X SUVs of this generation. The large kidney grill looks aggressive but the fog lamp assembly looks a bit too busy. Nice stance overall

This X3 has its work cut out in the looks department. To compete with the likes of the Jaguar F Pace and Merc GLC is not going to be easy, not to mention the new Volvo XC 60. A very hot and happening segment this. Hope the BMW keeps its lead in the drive stakes.
Santoshbhat is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 19:54   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

BMW X3- Made in USA for the World - Launched.

The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-capture.jpg
The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-1.jpg
The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-2.jpg
The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-4.jpg
The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-b.jpg
The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-c.jpg
The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-d.jpg
The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-e.jpg
The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-bmwx3allnew201857.jpg
The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-bmwx3allnew201858.jpg
The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-bmwx3allnew201863.jpg
The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-bmwx3allnew201866.jpg
The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-2018bmwx34.jpg

Source- BMW

Last edited by ampere : 27th June 2017 at 07:34. Reason: Typo fixed
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 14:59   #19
BHPian

New Third Generation BMW X3 revealed

The BMW X3 has been one of the best selling SUVs in the Bavarian automaker’s portfolio. Launched originally in 2003, over 1.5 million new X3s have been sold in the last 14 years across two generations. In India, the BMW X3 has been a popular option for customers who wanted a Rs 50 lakh BMW but wanted an SUV instead of the staple 3 Series. And now, BMW has unveiled a new third generation X3 that is larger, more efficient and offers more tech than ever before. The BMW X3 will also get a set of two diesel and three petrol engines that have been thoroughly updated.

In terms of exterior design, the BMW X3 is evolutionary in terms of overall stance but does feature a lot of very obvious design changes. For starters, the headlamps and the grille have again been separated from each other unlike the design found in the likes of the X5 or the new 5 Series. The grille is now much larger as compared to older generation and new larger bumper gets bigger air intakes and a set of LED hexagonal fog lamps. The new X3 also features full LED headlamps and fog lamps along with a set of full LED 3D tail lamps. The new X3 also gets a larger standard wheel size – 18-inches with the top spec model getting a set of 21-inch wheels.

In terms of interior changes, the new cabin is in line with the new design philosophy that has been seen on other cars too. The new X3 does not have an inbuilt screen in the dashboard but one on the top instead with gesture control. The infotainment also features connectivity options like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard. The new X3 will also have optional gesture control for the infotainment system. The new X3 is also more spacious with a lot more space for both front and rear passengers and more boot space. The more interior space is a result of a 2.2-inch longer wheelbase on the new car. The new X3 will also get interior ambient lighting options along with a heads up display that has colour readout instead of the usual monochrome setup. The new X3 will also offer buyers the option of choosing acoustic glass to make SUV quieter and in turn more comfortable for passengers.

In terms of engines, the BMW X3 will get two standard petrol and diesel engines and an M-spec petrol engine. The BMW X3 xDrive30i makes 248 bhp while the X3 xDrive20i makes 181 bhp. Both cars are available with all wheel drive while a rear wheel drive model will follow shortly. The diesel engines on the other hand are the base BMW X3 xDrive20d that makes 188 bhp and the BMW X3 xDrive30d that makes 262 bhp. All engines are paired with BMW’s 8-speed ‘Steptronic’ transmission that has also been updated for the new car.

The new BMW X3 is also available in a new BMW X3 M40i variant that gets sportier styling and a more powerful engine. The M-spec X3 gets new front bumpers that have a larger air intake and sportier styling along with a set of 20-inch standard or 21-inch optional M-Sport split wheels. The X3 M40i will also get a slightly lower ride height with sportier ride quality. The engine makes 355 bhp and is mated to an all wheel drive setup. The X3 M40i will be able to go from 0-100 kmph in 4.8 seconds and on to a top speed of 250 kmph.

The BMW X3 in India will go up against the likes of the Mercedes-Benz GLC and the upcoming Audi Q5. It will also take on the likes of the upcoming Volvo XC60 and also the Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque. Expect a mid-2018 launch for the new X3 in India with a price range of between Rs 50-60 lakh.

Source : Car and Bike (NDTV)
Old 27th June 2017, 15:50   #20
BANNED

Re: New Third Generation BMW X3 revealed

unless this thing drives REALLY well, The X1 would be a better choice at least as far as the 2L models go. The new design looks very boring IMO and even less interesting than the X1 and the old X3.

The size is almost the same so only a 10 % more space than the X1. Unless somebody is really against the "un-sacred" FWD, X1 seems like the better choice.

For straight sixes, its a different thing, you just cant get it in X1
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 16:32   #21
BHPian

Re: New Third Generation BMW X3 revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
unless this thing drives REALLY well, The X1 would be a better choice at least as far as the 2L models go. The new design looks very boring IMO and even less interesting than the X1 and the old X3.

The size is almost the same so only a 10 % more space than the X1. Unless somebody is really against the "un-sacred" FWD, X1 seems like the better choice.

For straight sixes, its a different thing, you just cant get it in X1
I would like to disagree with you here. I too own a previous gen X3, the F25 and let me tell you, it has a lot more space in comparison to the new X1. The cabin is wider and the dashboard too feels a full size larger. The rear seat easily has more legroom as well as headroom though the bench of the X1 is slightly more comfortable due to the softer compound, but again the X3 with it's harder seat compound redeems itself on long drives. Also, the new gen will surely be slightly more spacious as is the case with everyone new Beemer.
CarLoverJosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 19:17   #22
BHPian

Expected worldwide launch is sometime in November with an Indian launch expected in the first half of next year. My wife is a big fan of the X3 and while I wasn't too keen on the boxy looks of the outgoing model, I must say, the G01 certainly is much better looking. And with it expected to have a lot of the features for the new 5 series (G30), it will make for a very compelling car. Looking forward to its launch later in the year.
sunny310c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 21:47   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

New BMW X3 vs. outgoing model,

The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-bmw1a790x474.jpg
The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-bmw24.jpg
The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-bmw34.jpg
The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-bmw44.jpg

LINK
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 14:46   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)

Glad to see that BMW's ugly new design trend of the grille merging with the headlamps isn't necessarily a family look applied across all their products. Maybe, that horrid touch is for sedans only?

Very good looking SUV, the new X3 and definitely better than the model it replaces. Has all the classic BMW touches & will age well.

When this model comes here, they should also correct the mistake of discontinuing the 3.0L diesel on the X3.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 07:20   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
When this model comes here, they should also correct the mistake of discontinuing the 3.0L diesel on the X3.
I think it will be a big mistake on their part to not bring back the 3.0L diesel motor. They definitely will lose one potential customer in me . I think if they are bringing the 3.0L in the G30 (launching today in India), it's conceivable that they bring the same motor for the X3 as well, at least to start with and then depending on market traction, take a call on whether or not to continue with it.
sunny310c is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 21:34   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

New X3 Official promo video released by BMW

BMW sure is back with a bang in the segment with this tech laden 3rd gen X3. The interiors really look smashing and a huge improvement compared to the current gen.
Santoshbhat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 20:01   #27
Team-BHP Support

While the new X3 does look good, I am a little indifferent to the front design especially the headlights. The reason is the headlight design seems to resemble the 1 series hatch. It looks like a 1 series front end slapped onto the older X3.

The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-p90181200_highres_thenewbmw1series.jpg
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 21:08   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice car. As someone who bought the current generation recently, I feel the big positive change is in the interiors and the infotainment system. While the built in maps in the current model are surprisingly good, the ability receive internet content, to plan trips and share data and the addition of basic features like Apple Car Play will make this much better than the current generation. On exteriors, I actually like the lights joined to the grill - and agree that this looks like a 1 series front bolted onto the X3 - so I don't think the exteriors are a big improvement. But I am sure people will get used to it. Luggage space seems the same as the current generation and I doubt wheels >18" will make a lot of sense in India. The other feature that I would have liked is the automatic tailgate - incidentally, that is standard in many markets even on the Gen 2, but did not get included in India for some unfathomable reason.

I do hope our regs start allowing the new features like automatic cruise control, front radar warning and braking etc to come in with this model - that is where all the safety improvements in new cars are taking place and we are falling way behind.

Last edited by Hayek : 30th June 2017 at 21:10.
Old 2nd July 2017, 23:21   #29
BHPian

The interiors are truly next level but the exterior IMO is very similar to the X1. As people mentioned it's good to see headlamps not attached to the kidney grille, for some reasons as innovative as the new BMW sedans are, the connected grille and headlight just don't do it for me and now they are even joining the separate grille....somewhat....
Old 29th November 2017, 14:43   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

2017 BMW X3 Secures 5 stars in EURO NCAP tests,

The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-b.jpg

The next-generation BMW X3 (G01)-.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks