Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2015, 11:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Locally assembled Range Rover Evoque priced at Rs. 48.73 Lakh

Jaguar Land Rover India has just launched the Range Rover Evoque in its locally assembled avatar. Prices now start at Rs 48.73 Lakh (Ex-Mumbai). This will be the fourth vehicle at the plant joining the Freelander 2, Jaguar XF and XJ at JLR's Pune factory.

The Evoque will be available in a 2.2-litre SD4 diesel engine that delivers a maximum power output of 188 BHP @ 3,500 rpm and maximum torque of 420 Nm @ 2,000 rpm. It will be offered in three variants. Given below are their respective ex-showroom Mumbai prices along with the price reduction vis-a-vis the CBU Evoque:

- Pure: Rs. 48.73 Lakh (Price reduction = Rs. 6.27 Lakh)
- Dynamic: Rs. 52.40 Lakh (Price reduction = Rs. 11.80 Lakh)
- Prestige: Rs. 56.21 Lakh (Price reduction = Rs. 8.83 Lakh)

All variants of the Evoque come with a 9-speed automatic transmission and include standard features like front and rear parking sensors with a rear view camera, a navigation system, fixed panoramic sunroof and Land Rover’s Terrain Response System.

The locally-assembled Range Rover Evoque is now available for sale with deliveries expected to begin from early April 2015.

Locally assembled Range Rover Evoque priced at Rs. 48.73 Lakh-rohit-suri-president-jaguar-land-rover-india-jacqueline-fernandez-la....jpg

Locally assembled Range Rover Evoque priced at Rs. 48.73 Lakh-jacqueline-fernandez-launches-locally-manufactured-range-rover-evoqu....jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 24th March 2015 at 13:31.
Tushar is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 14:30   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Locally assembled Range Rover Evoque priced at Rs. 48.73 Lakh

The Evoque is now cheaper than the mechanically-identical Freelander HSE, is it? Wow.

Note: I'm talking about the Freelander HSE which has the same 188 BHP tune, not the lesser 148 BHP SE variant. The Freelander HSE has an ex-showroom of just over 50 lakhs.

Even when it comes to the starting variants, the difference is a handful of lakhs. Considering how the world's gone gaga over the Evoque's styling - and it does look good - I say R-I-P Freelander. No one's going to touch it with a bargepole now, unless heavy discounts are offered to make the price gap wider.

P.S. The Evoque will now be cheaper than the numbers suggest, as it's no longer subject to the steep RTO taxes that CBUs attract. That said, it's still grossly overpriced for a car with a 4-cylinder engine & small cabin.

Last edited by GTO : 24th March 2015 at 18:14.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 15:59   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Note: I'm talking about the Freelander HSE which has the same 188 BHP tune, not the lesser 148 BHP SE variant. The Freelander HSE has an ex-showroom of just over 50 lakhs.

Even when it comes to the starting variants, the difference is a handful of lakhs. Considering how the world's gone gaga over the Evoque's styling - and it does look good - I say R-I-P Freelander. No one's going to touch it with a bargepole now, unless heavy discounts are offered to make the price gap wider.
But how does this matter anymore? The Freelander is soon to be replaced by the newer Discovery Sport world over. Now that Evoque is manufactured as CKD, it won't make any sense to launch the Discovery Sport as a CBU.

Locally assembled Range Rover Evoque priced at Rs. 48.73 Lakh-disc.jpg

Discovery Sport Pic Source: Landrover.com
.anshuman is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 16:34   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Does this mean the LR Discovery Sport will be launched at an higher price than the EVOQUE ?

Its really sad how these big brands can play with the Indian market.

Another example was the Cayenne & Macan pricing joke
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 16:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Evoque is now cheaper than the mechanically-identical Freelander HSE, is it? Wow. ......... No one's going to touch it with a bargepole now, unless heavy discounts are offered to make the price gap wider.

P.S. The Evoque will now be cheaper than the numbers suggest, as it's no longer subject to the steep RTO taxes that CBUs are subject to. That said, it's still grossly overpriced for a car with a 4-cylinder engine & small cabin.
True, but the Freelander will be discontinued anytime now and the last few will come with some juicy discounts.

The Freelander will be replaced by the new Disco Sport, which is handsome in itself and also comes with a 7 seat option. So what will one go for the glamorous Evoque or the more practical Sport?!

They will also come with the new Touch screen system and in the near future the new-gen Ingenium engines which will replace the current 2.2 diesel units.

To throw another spanner into the works Jaguar will also bring out the Aluminium intensive F-Pace SUV/Crossover. Unlike the Land/Range Rover siblings this will be more of a drivers car with lesser off road potential.

So a JLR showroom will soon have an F-Pace, Evoque and Disco Sport for customers to choose a compact/mid size SUV, each with their own characteristics and strengths!

Tata Motors bean counters must be ringing.....ka ching...ching!
shortbread is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 19:29   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Does this mean the LR Discovery Sport will be launched at an higher price than the EVOQUE ?

Its really sad how these big brands can play with the Indian market.

Another example was the Cayenne & Macan pricing joke
I think the Discovery Sport will be priced a bit higher, or similarly since Land Rover is usually priced a bit lower than RR.

As tempting as these cars are, with the 9 speed auto and all I wouldn't come close to touching them until they sort out their Indian operations.

I think I need to mention Mad Monkeys thread here to remove any temptation you may have for the Disco Sport -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...r-service.html

Last edited by GTO : 25th March 2015 at 12:36. Reason: LR = Land Rover
Akshay1234 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 22:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

There's also rumours that Range Rover will be expanding the Evoque into a range rather than just the 3 and 5 door versions at present. Its highly expected for a Grand Evoque, Evoque Sport and Baby Evoque. More news will be available by the NY show, or my source is on something strong.
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 10:13   #8
BHPian

Its dimensions are similar to the Q3. But the Range Rover does command a 10-12 lakh premium over the Audi. However those looks are to die for. Easily the best looking car on the road with the CLA.

Would someone whose main criteria is to go from Point A to Point B go for a Range Rover over the Q3 with an extra 10 lakh. I am not so sure.
kartavya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 10:18   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I think the Discovery Sport will be priced a bit higher, or similarly since LR is usually priced a bit lower than RR.

As tempting as these cars are, with the 9 speed auto and all I wouldn't come close to touching them until they sort out their Indian operations.

I think I need to mention Mad Monkeys thread here to remove any temptation you may have for the Disco Sport -
Now that all luxury car brands have service packs+extended warranty covers. Doesn't LR offer these ?
Old 25th March 2015, 11:09   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Now that all luxury car brands have service packs+extended warranty covers. Doesn't LR offer these ?
I'm not sure honestly, they may have them, but that will still not solve the issue. The issue is not due to high part replacement cost where a service pack will help, but more that the company itself doesn't value its customers. With BMW if you complain to their helpline, they will show some pro activeness in solving the issue. The other issue seems to be JLR after sales, where the employees are just not competent, there have been way too many threads of parts being repeatedly changed and problems re-occurring.
Old 25th March 2015, 11:18   #11
BHPian

Superb move by JLR India. Will hopefully get their sales chart show some movement. I thought the XF 2.2 would be good enough to bait the lower end of the market, turns out everyone thought those 17" wheels were god-awfully ugly.

That said, the Evoque is certainly sharp looking and at the current price point is perfect for someone who just wants a RangeRover. Happy to see TATA take Make In India rather seriously.

Quote:
Valid point Sahil, but tell me this; what use is the extended warranty or service packs if the vehicle has to spend time in the workshop because of it's incompetence? In Mad Monkey's case, I was shocked knowing about a non-genuine fuse being installed at the corporate workshop.

Good move JLR, but get your service operations in order, (especially considering the fact that you have the smallest service support network) if you want to handle a bigger customer base.

Regards,
Cartman
Old 25th March 2015, 12:42   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

Yes, i am still tempted towards the LR Disco only if they provide me with an M/T in their first lot of CBU's

Regarding MadMonkeys case i believe his car has been mis-handled by the local service guys which triggered off the series of problems. Blaming entire of JLR products would be unfair. But at the same time their response & giving a deaf ear to his problems is definitely unfair toward MadMonkey :(
Old 25th March 2015, 13:10   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Yes, i am still tempted towards the LR Disco only if they provide me with an M/T in their first lot of CBU's

Regarding MadMonkeys case i believe his car has been mis-handled by the local service guys which triggered off the series of problems. Blaming entire of JLR products would be unfair. But at the same time their response & giving a deaf ear to his problems is definitely unfair toward MadMonkey :(
And whats to stop that from happening to you in your M/T Discovery Sport (which isn't going to happen ). The whole point is, they cannot solve the problems even they create, and the company doesn't seem to mind.

But if you are still even considering it, all I can say is that it is a gamble and the odds are not in your favour.
Old 25th March 2015, 13:47   #14
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
JLR has started offering service packs for their cars, don't know the prices yet. They are offering good deals on Jaguar XF - Free 5 yr Maintenance Package + 5 yr Warranty + 1.25 Lakh Exchange.
Old 25th March 2015, 14:42   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
Its dimensions are similar to the Q3. But the Range Rover does command a 10-12 lakh premium over the Audi. However those looks are to die for. Easily the best looking car on the road with the CLA.

Would someone whose main criteria is to go from Point A to Point B go for a Range Rover over the Q3 with an extra 10 lakh. I am not so sure.
I, for one, would. With my eyes closed (if I could afford, that is). Forget Q3. No SUV from German trio's stables comes anywhere near RR Evoque in looks. And in any case German car reliability is the biggest joke of the automotive world.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks