Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2015, 16:46   #16
BHPian

re: BMW imports 1-Series facelift for testing. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 29.5 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
I heard from an insider.

BMW India is focussing on the 1 Series re-launch and the new X1 launch in the coming months.

Apparently the 3 Series F30 LCI will be purely cosmetic. Ex: The suspension upgrade will not make it to India. Only the steering will be tuned to make it more sporty.
If the so called facelift for the 3 series is going to be without any of the features mentioned below, it doesn't seem attractive at all :( . I can only hope BMW to sort out its strategy soon enough.

HUD - Heads Up Display
Cruise Control
Navigation
Rear View Camera
Front Parking sensor
Old 19th August 2015, 00:12   #17
BHPian

re: BMW imports 1-Series facelift for testing. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 29.5 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by super.cars View Post
If the so called facelift for the 3 series is going to be without any of the features mentioned below, it doesn't seem attractive at all :( . I can only hope BMW to sort out its strategy soon enough.

HUD - Heads Up Display
Cruise Control
Navigation
Rear View Camera
Front Parking sensor
Logically speaking at least the Cruise control, Navigation and Rear view camera should be made available on the high-end models (but will include another price-bump for sure). Let me check. Are you planning to get a F30?

Last edited by bharatbs : 19th August 2015 at 00:19.
Old 19th August 2015, 08:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Logically speaking at least the Cruise control, Navigation and Rear view camera should be made available on the high-end models (but will include another price-bump for sure). Let me check. Are you planning to get a F30?
Yes, i'am seriously considering the F30 as well. Waiting for the facelift to be revealed.
Old 19th August 2015, 10:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by super.cars View Post
Yes, i'am seriously considering the F30 as well. Waiting for the facelift to be revealed.
Me Too.

Have decided to get one F30 or F21, depending on the deal provided by the dealer, and whether any of those would be tunable.

- Nucliomaniac
Old 25th August 2015, 13:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

Wow this is very interesting news, so if I read it correctly it will be the RWD 1 series fully loaded with these additions? But if they price it at 33 lakh ex-showroom then it doesn't really make much sense does it?

EDIT:

BMW imports 1-Series facelift for testing. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 29.5 lakh-screen-shot-20150825-1.30.53-pm.png

Looks like they have imported 24 units into India, the price difference between the two variants (import cost) isn't that much.

Last edited by quickdraw : 25th August 2015 at 13:33.
Old 25th August 2015, 13:38   #21
BHPian

Only a lunatic would pay 35+ lacs for this
Old 25th August 2015, 17:33   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
if they price it at 33 lakh ex-showroom then it doesn't really make much sense does it?
from where have you got this price of Rs 33 lac ?
Quote:
the price difference between the two variants (import cost) isn't that much
both kits looks of same model - what's difference ?

CKD attract lot lower duty than CBU , expected price for this is around 28 Lac ex showroom
Old 25th August 2015, 19:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
from where have you got this price of Rs 33 lac ?

both kits looks of same model - what's difference ?

CKD attract lot lower duty than CBU , expected price for this is around 28 Lac ex showroom
I was referring to the old price of the 1 series. I would be the happiest if its 27-29 lakhs fully loaded.
Old 27th September 2015, 11:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

Apparently BMW India has uploaded the spec sheet of 1 series LCI on its website.
http://www.bmw.in/in/en/newvehicles/...?download=true

http://www.bmw.in/in/en/newvehicles/...oom/index.html

118d sport line and only two colours-white and red, will be offered as per the spec sheet.

BMW imports 1-Series facelift for testing. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 29.5 lakh-new-picture.jpg

BMW imports 1-Series facelift for testing. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 29.5 lakh-new-picture-1.jpg

BMW imports 1-Series facelift for testing. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 29.5 lakh-new-picture-2.jpg
sidindica is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 17:45   #25
BHPian

Hi Sidindica,
Thanks for the update. Do you know that Driver assistance package is included in this model (as mentioned in the website)? Because the spec. sheet does not mention any of those.
Old 28th September 2015, 13:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

The car is finally here at 29.9 lakhs, considering its a 148bhp 2L with adequate equipment, it should be a good deal for those who want a hatch without compromising on the badge. A small rear wheel drive with a ZF 8 speed should have some takers, I am sure there is potential for a remap to around 190bhp
Old 28th September 2015, 16:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The car is finally here at 29.9 lakhs, considering its a 148bhp 2L with adequate equipment, it should be a good deal for those who want a hatch without compromising on the badge. A small rear wheel drive with a ZF 8 speed should have some takers, I am sure there is potential for a remap to around 190bhp
Hi can you share where you got this figure from? I called up my dealer today and he said the 1 Series is not expected to be launched for another 3-6 months at-least.

EDIT: My bad, just saw the price sheet here - Issue_7_August_2015_BMW_Models_Price_List_August.pdf

Last edited by quickdraw : 28th September 2015 at 17:04.
Old 29th September 2015, 12:19   #28
BHPian

Re: BMW imports 1-Series facelift for testing. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 29.5 lakh

A couple of lakhs too much, considering the 3 series is available for a good deal?

Though BMW may be slowly getting their act together.

a slew of updates, models.

The facelifted 3 series is also expected soon, and if priced liked the current cars, should be very interesting.

- Nucliomaniac
Old 29th September 2015, 12:46   #29
Senior - BHPian

Yeah I was actually in the market for a 1 series before I discovered that the 'Prestige' line is basically a joke with worse equipment levels than a Hyundai. I started looking at used options and discovered late 2013 cars still under warranty were going for 17lacs. And I'm talking about the Sport Plus trim. These cars cost around 34 lakhs on road less than 24 months ago. All the other trim levels being offered were terribly under equipped and I did not consider them.

This one seems to be a full spec. But yeah the price is still on the higher side. A lakh or two less would have made this a great car and made me reconsider. The Volvo V40 R Design for 27 lakh is also specced very well and feels much more roomy thanks to the panaromic roof. And is definitely a great car to drive. Drove it over a 1000 km on my Euro trip 2 months ago. BMW imports 1-Series facelift for testing. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 29.5 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1443510178.553753.jpg

BMW India seems to be running after people who buy their cars for the badge value and not people who love the engineering. I mean what the hell is BMW INDIA BRIDAL FASHION WEEK? Their dealers are also lost and clueless about new launches and the deals offered by BMW Financial services are appalling. There is nothing apart from the cars which are amazing that draws me to the brand, even though I've been a fan ever since I first sat in a Bimmer. I hope things change because they are already losing out on all segments right now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks