Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2015, 10:31   #1
Team-BHP Support

BMW imports 1-Series facelift for testing. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 29.5 lakh

German luxury carmaker BMW, has imported one unit of the facelifted 1-Series. The variant imported is a 118d with a 1995 cc, 4-cylinder TwinPower turbo diesel engine.

BMW imports 1-Series facelift for testing. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 29.5 lakh-1ser.jpg

The refreshed 1-Series gets a flatter kidney grille, redesigned front bumper with larger air intakes and flatter and sharper headlights. LED daytime running lights are a part of standard equipment whie full-LED headlights are available as an option. The car also gets redesigned wraparound L-shaped LED tail lamps and a new hatch.

BMW imports 1-Series facelift for testing. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 29.5 lakh-1seri.jpg

The outgoing 1-Series was not a very appealing car when it came to styling. This was one of the reasons for the car's poor sales figures. With the facelift, BMW will hope that it can draw more customers.

The 1-Series is equipped with features such as automatic air-conditioning, rain sensor, BMW Radio Professional and iDrive operating system with a 6.5-inch display integrated in the instrument panel as a freestanding monitor. Other features include Park Assistant, back up camera, cruise control and ConnectDrive among others.

The import of the facelifted 1-series for testing indicates that the company could be considering a launch in the coming months.

Source: Zauba

Last edited by GTO : 10th April 2015 at 12:02. Reason: Typo
Aditya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 12:51   #2
BHPian

re: BMW imports 1-Series facelift for testing. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 29.5 lakh

I always thought the previous 1-Series was a smart car, and this one looks even better. I do hope it's priced right, without skimping on equipment levels - which was the downfall of the previous 1, imho - and this could be a winner.
bosporus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 13:00   #3
BHPian

They should bring the 2-series here.
Price it in competition of the A3 Cabriolet and let the fun begin.
Old 18th August 2015, 13:03   #4
Team-BHP Support

re: BMW imports 1-Series facelift for testing. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 29.5 lakh

BMW is likely to launch the 1-Series facelift in India this month. Expected price - Rs. 27-29 lakh.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 13:12   #5
BHPian

Why do they even bother to bring in a newer model when the older one barely sold double digits? Hope they don't cut out on basic features like projector headlamps on this one otherwise it will meet the same fate as the previous 1 series.
Anyways they already have a strong competitor, the A class which I feel has much better interiors and a great look/road presence.
Old 18th August 2015, 13:12   #6
BANNED

Unless they do away with the Run Flat Tyres (at least as a free option) I am not interested. I hear of country roads these tyres hardly last.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 13:38   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
BMW is likely to launch the 1-Series facelift in India this month. Expected price - Rs. 27-29 lakh.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Dude!

What an awesome bit of news!!!

good pricing, and the hot hatch market in India, can finally explode.

Wow!!!

I hope they have more than just the one sportline variant, they had before.

Would definitely be in the market for one, if the 118d engine can be tuned to a higher state of tune. Poor man's 135M

- Nucliomaniac
Old 18th August 2015, 13:55   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Unless they do away with the Run Flat Tyres (at least as a free option) I am not interested. I hear of country roads these tyres hardly last.
While yet not as good as tubeless in the aspect of comfort. Run flats have come a long way since BMW first introduced them in India in 2007 on the 3 and 5 series. The current run flats offered are a generation ahead and a layman can't tell the difference easily from within the car.
Old 18th August 2015, 14:10   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

With the A-Class, and the A3 - the only way BMW can compete is by targeting enthusiasts who would want a fun daily drive. A typical buyer would have a larger car in his garage, and this would be the daily self-drive vehicle.
What BMW should ideally do is launch a 120D which mated with the RWD - would be a perfect city car! Throw in Bi-Xenons as standard equipment, along with an iDrive - and the car will fare much better as it will look like a proper BMW.
Keep the other goodies such as sunroof, leather, etc. as optional packages.

Last edited by lamborghini : 18th August 2015 at 14:12.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 14:18   #10
BHPian

If I am not mistaken, this one will be a front wheel drive car; right?
Unlike the previous generation, which was a rear wheel drive.
Old 18th August 2015, 14:21   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
With the A-Class, and the A3 - the only way BMW can compete is by targeting enthusiasts who would want a fun daily drive. A typical buyer would have a larger car in his garage, and this would be the daily self-drive vehicle.
What BMW should ideally do is launch a 120D which mated with the RWD - would be a perfect city car! Throw in Bi-Xenons as standard equipment, along with an iDrive - and the car will fare much better as it will look like a proper BMW.
Keep the other goodies such as sunroof, leather, etc. as optional packages.
This seems to be fully loaded, with LED headlights, etc. Only thing missing seems to be a sunroof. So this is pretty much the previous sports + car minus the sunroof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
If I am not mistaken, this one will be a front wheel drive car; right?
Unlike the previous generation, which was a rear wheel drive.
This is very much rear wheel drive. This is the facelift. The next generation will be FWD.

EDIT-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I don't understand it. Why not assemble it locally?
But it will be ckd. BMW doesn't launch CBUs in this segment unlike Merc.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 18th August 2015 at 14:37.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 14:25   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
This seems to be fully loaded, with LED headlights, etc. Only thing missing seems to be a sunroof. So this is pretty much the previous sports + car minus the sunroof.
I am saying that stuff should be standard bro.
People paying so much would want the real BMW look - which is thanks to the LEDs and DRLs.
It is fair to have optional packages / trims for the sunroof and leather, but even the base models which will typically sell the most - need to be better equipped.

That and a better engine - would fill the need of a fun daily driver in that segment given the A3 and A Class diesels are underpowered.
Old 18th August 2015, 14:30   #13
Team-BHP Support

That price of 9.8 lakhs in Zauba just brings tears to my eyes. Finally cost is 3X more ex showroom and then you add road tax and insurance and we are paying 4X more for the car.

I don't understand it. Why not assemble it locally? Audi has a Q3 which people are lapping up as well as Merc's CLA, GLA and A class.

BMW has absolutely nothing except the ancient X1. All they need to do is be aggressive and get one car to rake in the numbers.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 14:39   #14
BHPian

If they get it in at the rumoured 27 ex showroom price, it may be a damn good deal.

Coupled with offers, which BMW dealers often provide.

fully loaded, with a nice engine. tuner's could help extract some more power out of it.

All in all a great daily drive package. Lots of tech, 6.5" screen, RWD, and hopefully some more power.

When I had spoken with Pete, he did say that he is unable to tune the F30s. Would be keen to know his comments about F21, which this one is.

I'm gonna get one, remap it, and wrap it an understated matte-grey shade.

- Nucliomaniac
Old 18th August 2015, 16:38   #15
BHPian

I heard from an insider.

BMW India is focussing on the 1 Series re-launch and the new X1 launch in the coming months.

Apparently the 3 Series F30 LCI will be purely cosmetic. Ex: The suspension upgrade will not make it to India. Only the steering will be tuned to make it more sporty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks