Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2015, 18:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford: Extended warranty up to 5 years / 100,000 kms for EcoSport & Figo

My dealer has given me these details...

For my 2013 Figo Diesel, I have taken the 3rd year extended warranty so I asked for details on the 4th and 5th year extension. I was told that I could take 4th year at Rs.12,560/- but no 5th year option was available for me. It has to be taken within 6 months of purchase (considering it has just been launched, it's applicable only for new cars then). He also mentioned there was a 3rd + 4th + 5th year extension pack for Rs.30,000/- that could be bought if I hadn't already taken a 3rd year extension !! weird !

I think Rs. 12,560 is too much for 1 year of warranty extension. What do you'll think ?

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 16th April 2015 at 18:14.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 20:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
My dealer has given me these details...

For my 2013 Figo Diesel, I have taken the 3rd year extended warranty so I asked for details on the 4th and 5th year extension. I was told that I could take 4th year at Rs.12,560/- but no 5th year option was available for me. It has to be taken within 6 months of purchase (considering it has just been launched, it's applicable only for new cars then). He also mentioned there was a 3rd + 4th + 5th year extension pack for Rs.30,000/- that could be bought if I hadn't already taken a 3rd year extension !! weird !

I think Rs. 12,560 is too much for 1 year of warranty extension. What do you'll think ?
I fully agree with you that 12.5 K for 4th year warranty is too much. And their weird logic of extension available only to some buyers does not go well with us.

It looks more like a marketing gimmick, if you ask me.
Old 17th April 2015, 21:02   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Based on the info in this thread i contacted the ford dealer and at first they had no clue of the 4th year extended warranty being offered on the new fiesta. They said they will get back to me and did so in an hour.

However, their response is that :

"you should have bought the 4th year warranty along with 3rd year warranty" and ONLY 4th year warranty is not available

=============
Now will write an email to Ford India customer service and ask them what the deal is here.

Not sure if the dealer incompetent here or is Ford India taking customers for a ride.
UPDATE: wrote to Ford India and the dealer staff called up again and this time told that 4th year EW for fiesta is available only for diesel model. When I pointed out that website doesn't say that she said she will get back back to me. Hasn't done as yet.

Meanwhile, Ford customer care calls and says that they have written to their business dev teams and are waiting for an update. He was confused & didn't know if offer was available for Fiesta or only all new fiesta.

He's said that he will call again after he has some info. Let's see what they have to say now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
============He also mentioned there was a 3rd + 4th + 5th year extension pack for Rs.30,000/- that could be bought if I hadn't already taken a 3rd year extension !! weird !
Yeah, looks like they have some wierd logic for this. Saying that you could have have bought extra EW only if you hadn't bought the ONLY available EW at the time you bought EW

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
=======
their weird logic of extension available only to some buyers does not go well with us.

It looks more like a marketing gimmick, if you ask me.
Looks like this only. Seems like a marketing gimmick only. It's really messed up big time.
Old 17th April 2015, 22:52   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Need help out here BHPians. We recently booked a Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium and will take delivery by the end of this month.

Now, this is going to be our first car. Naturally, we are not at all experienced about 'buying' cars.

As a first car, the Classic is quite a budget extender for us. So, should we take the EW package? Also, any inputs on the scheduled service plan?

Other than this, I am following the Team-BHP guidelines to the T and will do a thorough PDI when time comes.

Mods, please move my thread to the appropriate one if required. I posted in this thread because it will deal only with Ford cars.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, getting the extended warranty would be a good idea while buying the car. Try to negotiate that as a package deal to your car and get the longest warranty possible. It's worth the hassle. It usually doesn't work out well when you want to add warranty after a few years of using the car. In addition you would not feel like spending money on a relatively new car which doesn't have any problems.
pamiboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 08:52   #20
BHPian

You can even take the service holiday package wherein you will get free service. I noticed this offer recently and approached Ford but they say since 7 months is over they will not sell me this package. It is available only within 6 months.
Old 22nd October 2016, 18:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have any experiences with claiming extended warranty on your Ecosport/Figo? Just to know if it works as advertised or is there some fine print when it comes to actually claiming warranty.
Old 27th March 2017, 14:31   #22
BHPian

I am planning to go for the extended warranty (5 years/100,000 Kms) New Ford Figo (Nov 2015 build).

Here is the quote I got from the dealer :

Time Period With RSA Without RSA

1. 3rd Year/36Months 10,004/- 8900/-

2. 4th Year/48 Months 19,889/- 17,900/-

3. 5th Year/60 Months 35,835/- 33,800/-
*RSA-> Road Side Assistance.
Does this look reasonable? This is from Mody Ford, Hyderabad. Has anyone had any experience of claiming any warranty in the extended period with Mody Ford in particular, or Ford in general? Is it the same as Factory warranty or are there any significant differences?
Old 27th March 2017, 16:37   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

There is some confusion still regarding the extended warranty provided by Ford. I recently booked the Ecosport and they offered me free 3rd year warranty as part of the deal. Now when I asked them about the extended warranty for 4 and 5 year, the guy said that I can't buy it right now since I am getting the 3rd year warranty free. According to them I would be eligible to buy the additional 4th and 5th year warranties only in the 3rd year of my ownership and they cited some weird Ford rule about the same. With all the confusion that's going on in this thread, I should better get it in writing from them.

Second the price of extended warranty varies hugely. In the post above itself the extended warranty for figo is being quoted at 36k for 5 years. My dealer quoted me 24k for all 5 years. How is that possible. Warranty price should be more for ecopsort compared to figo. I mailed Ford about this but they just told me to contact the dealer.

Lastly the dealer never told me about these service plans. Don't they make money through service? A person paying upfront for 5 year service plan should be music to a dealer's ears but surprisingly I only got to know about it from this thread. God knows what they are Upto.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 17:08   #24
BHPian

drmohitg, I am quite sure that any plan you select for extended warranty must be within the Ford Factory warranty period 2 years or 100000 kms. I am afraid the dealer is telling you a load of crap.
Old 24th April 2017, 19:06   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
There is some confusion still regarding the extended warranty provided by Ford. I recently booked the Ecosport and they offered me free 3rd year warranty as part of the deal. Now when I asked them about the extended warranty for 4 and 5 year, the guy said that I can't buy it right now since I am getting the 3rd year warranty free. According to them I would be eligible to buy the additional 4th and 5th year warranties only in the 3rd year of my ownership and they cited some weird Ford rule about the same. With all the confusion that's going on in this thread, I should better get it in writing from them.

Second the price of extended warranty varies hugely. In the post above itself the extended warranty for figo is being quoted at 36k for 5 years. My dealer quoted me 24k for all 5 years. How is that possible. Warranty price should be more for ecopsort compared to figo. I mailed Ford about this but they just told me to contact the dealer.
This is exactly what I was told last week, when i bought an Ecosport AT for my wife. The dealer was keen on selling 3rd year warranty at the time of delivery but the Ford call center told me if you do that you can only buy an additional fourth year. If you don't do that you can buy up to 3 years additional (i.e. 5 in total) for a cost of 20k within a few months (I think) and 24k within 2 years.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 09:29   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
This is exactly what I was told last week, when i bought an Ecosport AT for my wife. The dealer was keen on selling 3rd year warranty at the time of delivery but the Ford call center told me if you do that you can only buy an additional fourth year. If you don't do that you can buy up to 3 years additional (i.e. 5 in total) for a cost of 20k within a few months (I think) and 24k within 2 years.
Yup. Hence I made the dealer ( who reluctantly told me later that I was right about the extended warranty) give me an equivalent cash discount and paid upfront for the 3, 4 and 5th year warranty. It costed me around 23k in total for 3 years.
Old 25th April 2017, 10:28   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Yup. Hence I made the dealer ( who reluctantly told me later that I was right about the extended warranty) give me an equivalent cash discount and paid upfront for the 3, 4 and 5th year warranty. It costed me around 23k in total for 3 years.
This is a little confusing. I have 4 year extended warranty which will expire sometime later this year. Can I get the 5th year warranty even now?
Old 25th April 2017, 22:56   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
This is a little confusing. I have 4 year extended warranty which will expire sometime later this year. Can I get the 5th year warranty even now?
Best is to call Ford directly and ask them.
Old 27th April 2017, 09:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Confirmed a few things with Ford. If you buy the extended warranty within a month of purchase of the car, it costs you 20k (for 2+3); if you buy after a month but before a year of purchase, it costs about 24k and if you buy after a year but before 2 years, it costs about 26k.

The 23k you paid must be including various taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
I have been told you can't extend. 5 is only an option on first warranty purchase within 2 years from date of buying.

Last edited by StarScream : 27th April 2017 at 09:58.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 16:41   #30
BHPian

My Petrol AT ecosport's 3rd year extended warranty expires on sep 2018 and the Ford ASS guys are calling me and offering extended warranty for 4th year @Rs.9099. I have driven very less and as of now i have driven only 22000 Kms in three years. Does it makes sense to go for extended warranty. Need your expert guidance on the same.

Last edited by vennarbank : 15th May 2018 at 16:56. Reason: To specify it is Petrol AT

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks