Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2020, 17:50   #31
BHPian

Re: Ford: Extended warranty up to 5 years / 100,000 kms for EcoSport & Figo

My All New Ford Ecosport Titanium+ (D) is completing 2 years tomorrow. It has run ~66k KMs so far. Since there is still 34k of warranty left so enquired with PPS Ford South Yelahanka branch (bangalore) about the 3rd and 3rd &4th Year of extemded warranty. The quote given to me is as follows

Prices for my vehicle id as below:
Term Without RSA With RSA
3rd Yr 13,700/- 14,724/-
3rd & 4th Yr 19,600/- 21,166/-

I also enquired if I may get any discount then I was i formed that they will do the free Wheel Alignment and Wheel Balancing.

Later I was shared with the attached leaflet detailing the parts covered under extended Warranty program and RSA details.

Ford: Extended warranty up to 5 years / 100,000 kms for EcoSport & Figo-ford-protect-leaflet.jpg

They also mentioned in the email that suspension will be covered upto 35k KM run only which as per them is not a benefit for me.

Hope this is helpful for fellow ford owners.
Anupam1024 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 21:50   #32
JLN
BHPian

any extended warranty offered by the manufacturer direct is worth buying in my opinion. More issues start arising as parts age. Small price to pay for the peace of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vennarbank View Post
My Petrol AT ecosport's 3rd year extended warranty expires on sep 2018 and the Ford ASS guys are calling me and offering extended warranty for 4th year @Rs.9099. I have driven very less and as of now i have driven only 22000 Kms in three years. Does it makes sense to go for extended warranty. Need your expert guidance on the same.
Old 28th January 2020, 12:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vennarbank View Post
My Petrol AT ecosport's 3rd year extended warranty expires on sep 2018 and the Ford ASS guys are calling me and offering extended warranty for 4th year @Rs.9099. I have driven very less and as of now i have driven only 22000 Kms in three years. Does it makes sense to go for extended warranty. Need your expert guidance on the same.
Take the maximum extended warranty you can to avoid costly part replacement bills later.

It is, in a way, like taking Insurance for you car. You hope that your car doesn't meet with an accident, but in case if it does, you are covered for the repair costs. Similarly, you hope that your car doesn't suffer from a premature part failure, but in case if its does, you are covered under extended warranty for free part(eligible) replacement.

Besides that, in case you decide to sell you car within the warranty period, extended warranty(balance) proves to be a plus point over other cars on sale of similar age. Trust me, it works. I sold my 2016 Figo 1.2 Titanium+ in April last year that at the time of sale, had more than an year of extended warranty remaining. It was something that the buyer was impressed with.

Ford are pretty reliable that way and you might not need it, but no harm in taking it for peace of mind and stress free ownership.
Old 28th January 2020, 12:59   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN View Post
any extended warranty offered by the manufacturer direct is worth buying in my opinion. More issues start arising as parts age. Small price to pay for the peace of mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Take the maximum extended warranty you can to avoid costly part replacement bills later.

Ford are pretty reliable that way and you might not need it, but no harm in taking it for peace of mind and stress free ownership.
As advised by our members, i did take extended warranty for 2 years[which is max they have provided]. Thanks a lot for guidance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks