Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2015, 19:11   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: VW Vento facelift spied sans camouflage in India

More clear pics of the Vento Face-lift while on test. Absolutely the mildest of exterior changes but could be feature rich in interiors.
Expect a June - July launch

VW Vento facelift spied sans camouflage in India-2015volkswagenventofaceliftchanges.jpg
VW Vento facelift spied sans camouflage in India-volkswagenventofacelifttestmulerear.jpg
VW Vento facelift spied sans camouflage in India-2015volkswagenventofaceliftnewgrille1.jpg

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/05/car...r-pics-inside/
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 09:12   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

VW Vento face lift revealed.

The' second coming' of Vento seems to be more comprehensive than the earlier face lift.

On the inside you get a lighter colour scheme and a bit more equipment. Moreover, top trims of the Vento will now get cruise control, a cooled glovebox, a dead pedal, external boot release and auto-folding mirrors.

The cosmetic changes on the facelifted Vento include a new bumper, a Passat-like grille and horizontal fog lamps with integrated cornering lights.

The rear gets a modified bumper with a chrome strip that exudes style, and refreshed tail-lights. Apart from that, chrome bits have been added to the door handles, the tail-pipe and the boot as well.

VW Vento facelift spied sans camouflage in India-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20150520070245_web1.jpg
VW Vento facelift spied sans camouflage in India-0_0_0_http172.17.115.18082newsweb3.jpg
VW Vento facelift spied sans camouflage in India-0_0_0_http172.17.115.18082newsweb2.jpg

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-395182.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st May 2015 at 09:19.
volkman10 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 09:21   #18
BHPian

Guessing it's high time that we see an all new generation of the Polo/ Vento given, that they seem too long in the tooth now. No amount of mild facelifts (sure, they need to act their right with the A$$ too ) are going to help their case, me thinks.

Really glad that these facelifts aren't as garish as the Linea's and are still tasteful in their own right.

-Cheerio,
Shivang Gandotra
Old 21st May 2015, 09:28   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Guessing it's high time that we see an all new generation of the Polo/ Vento given, that they seem too long in the tooth now.
The Next Gen can happen only in 2017 -2018. Hence this mild make-over to be in line with the competition, as much as possible.
Old 21st May 2015, 09:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

The facelift may turn off some people with its heavy use of garish chrome bits.
I don't think VW have done a great job. The DSG plus Diesel combo remain the main reason to consider this car though !
Old 21st May 2015, 10:11   #21
BHPian

Overdrive seems to have driven the new Vento facelift!
Here's their article on it- http://overdrive.in/news/2015-volksw...o-first-drive/
Old 21st May 2015, 11:41   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

A good set of updates and welcome additions for folks considering the Vento. But I don't expect it to set the sales charts on fire. Would have been good if they had put in a couple of features not standard in the segment (like DRL's or maybe auto headlamps/wipers or make the Philadelphia 835 standard in the highline)

Very happy to see cruise control. Now may be I can officially get it added to my Vento from the dealer itself.
Old 21st May 2015, 11:44   #23
BHPian

Did Vento always had cruise control? I was under the impression that it was not. A welcome long missing addition, if it was added now.

Last edited by vinjosep : 21st May 2015 at 12:09.
Old 21st May 2015, 12:06   #24
Team-BHP Support

I quite liked the Passat'ish front grill but the overdose of chrome just doesn't cut it!

Of course, auto manufacturers in India know how much people here love chrome over other useful upgrades! Heck, people add more chrome to the tail lights (e.g. 1, 2, 3) , handles (e.g. eBay), front grills (e.g. eBay) right after the delivery of the cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Did Vento always have cruise control? I was under the impression that it was not. A welcome long missing addition, if it was added now.
Nope, the Vento never had cruise control. This facelift comes with it.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st May 2015 at 12:35.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 12:26   #25
BHPian

The facelift looks garish and ugly with that excess chrome. The lines on the panel actually make the car look taller and less aerodynamic and less streamlined than it probably is. How do you facelift a car that already looked lovely and understated without making a mess of it? This has been the problem with both the linea and the vento, taking pleasing looks and hashing it up in the name of a facelift.
Old 21st May 2015, 12:34   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
VW Vento face lift revealed.
The cosmetic changes on the facelifted Vento include a new bumper, a Passat-like grille and horizontal fog lamps with integrated cornering lights.......
[/url]
The car will reach dealers in August - So this will be VW's Festive launch/ re-launch

For those liking chrome there are some also on the door handles
VW Vento facelift spied sans camouflage in India-mg_0165.jpg

Also there are integrated turn indicators on the ORVM's
VW Vento facelift spied sans camouflage in India-mg_0204.jpg

And new alloy wheel design.
VW Vento facelift spied sans camouflage in India-mg_0250.jpg

http://overdrive.in/news/image-galle...kswagen-vento/

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st May 2015 at 12:38.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 13:47   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Personally, this seems like a downgrade to the existing Vento - primarily due to the lighter shade used in the interiors - similar to the Rapid?
I would have loved it if they stuck with the existing trim colors with a piano black finish on the center console (a la Polo GT), threw in projector headlights with the LED strip, new rear tail lights and alloys, cruise control, and a HU upgrade to the RCD 510 with steering mounted controls. If nothing else, the car would at least be similarly specced as some of the competition - while justifying the premium over the Rapid. Would definitely garner more sales numbers than just applying chrome everywhere and might just give VW some time to launch the all new Vento.
Old 21st May 2015, 14:44   #28
BHPian

If I am not wrong, there will be one more "Facelift" before the next gen Vento will be available in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Guessing it's high time that we see an all new generation of the Polo/ Vento given, that they seem too long in the tooth now.
Old 21st May 2015, 17:37   #29
BHPian

Disappointing to say the least. First of all nothing much has changed. Secondly they have just added a few bits like dead pedal, cruise control, etc. whereas the competition has projector lamps with LEDs, auto headlights, auto wipers, 6 airbags, touchscreen audio system (they should have made the Philadelphia 835 a regular on the Highline version), rear disc brakes, etc.

I dont think this will help VW's cause too much and I really wonder why they bothered to test the car so much before launch as at the end of the day it is just a mild facelift. As a current Vento owner who is spoilt silly by the 1.6 TDI engine I want to upgrade to the Vento TSI and stay within the VW group but the current facelift with the lack of features just doesnt cut it for me. Neither is making me wait till 2017-18 for the new model; it is just too long!

Excuse the rant its just that I am terribly disappointed!
Old 21st May 2015, 23:26   #30
BHPian

I like the new smaller yet relevant upgrades. At the price point of the Highline TDI DSG these should keep the car fresh. Any new additions would have added a few more thousands to the car, creeping closer to the D Segment and make it less attractive. The cooled glove box is a surprise. For a 3 year old vento owner this a welcome refresh if you want to repeat the purchase. For a new buyer too, the car now feels nice, with the auto trans its a very compelling contender. I wish they bring back the Terra Beige color (or a similar car color back). The photos seems to have something close, not sure if its the ambient light on a silver color car.
man_and_machine is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks