Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2015, 15:21   #46
BHPian

re: Renault XBA: Now unveiled as the Kwid

Niice car there Renault! Baby Duster, yeah!

But what's with that Touchscreen System? Could have done away with that and bettered the overall interior design instead (slider controls for AC are so 1990s!)
Old 20th May 2015, 16:18   #47
BHPian

Looks like a great addition to the segment. Attractive exterior looks with great proportionality. Its hard to say but the interior plastics look a bit dated, even some of the dials. Hopefully they are better in person.

Looking at the dash styling and placement of knobs immediately made me think of my 1st gen Honda Cr-v. Aaah good times .

Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!-a9ec3686.jpg
In Manual version (which i had) the gear was in its conventional position.

Will be eagerly waiting for more details on this young prospect. Good luck to Renault, hope you guys can translate this excitement into sales and we get more competition. Also it would be visually soothing to see more of these around and less of the Alto gang!

B.B
budgam.boonyi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 16:52   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Excellent pricing, and kudos to renault for opening up a new segment. The micro SUV. I was hearing that there is an AMT version on the cards, any news? Was almost ready to put down a deposit on a nano xta. Now confused!

PS: I wonder why renault took all the effort to cut down costs like 3bolt wheels etc, and splurged on a touch screen sat nav system, which is really not needed in this class.
Seriously!! Offering a touchscreen sat nav unit on a 4L Rupee car has suddenly made the feature look like peanuts for the Hondas and Hyundai's of the world who were about to claim that as a differentiator.
Old 20th May 2015, 16:52   #49
BHPian

Thanks to Renault for not giving us another third world design but giving us something attractive and fresh!! Assuming that it will have segment best ride and good handling, it would be a shame if they don't come up with a fully blown version.
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 17:04   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Thanks to Renault for not giving us another third world design but giving us something attractive and fresh!! Assuming that it will have segment best ride and good handling, it would be a shame if they don't come up with a fully blown version.
But the real question is " Are the general public ready for this?". See the excitement level of this car launch even in a so called 'enthusiast platform' like TBHP. Hardly 25k hits so far. Indian public as usual will be happy with their "Altos" and "Eons" dished out by Maruti and Hyundai. Every one were raving about Zest and Bolt on launch, but they turned out to be utter failures.

Last edited by poloman : 20th May 2015 at 17:05.
poloman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 17:27   #51
BHPian

Wow look who picked the rabbit out of the bag? I am flattered by this latest offering from Renault. After the disastrous Go from Nissan, I was expecting a badge re-engineered dud.
I believe Renault has let the cat out amongst the pigeons. Looks are subjective but nevertheless this car is definitely the looker of its class. The cost-cutting has been so beautifully camouflaged that a normal person will completely miss it with the overall design elements and packaging.
Only worry as others have also pointed out is the engine capacity. It could be underpowered for a car this size. With a killer pricing I hope this brings Renault great success. They seem to have taken a bold route and delivered (hopefully) where the others have taken the safe tried and tested path.
Competition is a beautiful thing to have and Kwid should definitely change the game. Come on now the Suzuki's, Mahindra, Honda, Tata and Ford.
Nitthari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 17:29   #52
Senior - BHPian

The one's who saw Kwid in person can tell how good is the quality. There is lot of skimping. No body colored handles. No power windows at rear. I would take rear power windows and ABS instead of touchscreen.
Also wheels are fastened by 3 nuts. Tyre is 155 section 13 incher. Alloys will be hard to find.
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 18:29   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
.. I would take rear power windows and ABS instead of touchscreen...
True. But what option do you think the aam janta would pick?
Rollingwheels26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 18:37   #54
BHPian

Wow! That's a fantastic looking car! IMO it just the best looking car below 6l!
Considering the pricing at which Renault is launching it, it is very obvious that it'll have certain areas of cost cutting, but the car looks like from a different segment when compared with the stone age designed cars that MSIL offers!
Old 20th May 2015, 18:48   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

The Renault Kwid will come with an AMT option but will get no ABS for India, according to Gerard Detourbet, Alliance Global Vice President, Alliance A-Segment Development Unit, Renault.

Quote:
When asked about an Automated Manual Transmission, he said –
You will see the AMT (on the Kwid), we are working on it.
Detourbet said ABS would not come on the Indian specification (which will offer driver airbag as an optional extra) but as the car is designed for global markets, it can be spec-ed up based on the legislation or demand –
The (CMF-A) platform is a worldwide platform, and we can do a lot of things with it. We can introduce ABS. The primary question is are we able to sell it? So it is the reason why we have not introduced ABS for this platform (in India), but it is feasible. If you want to sell it in South America, ABS is mandatory. So you should be able to do that, the platform should be able to do that. But today it is not in sight because we believe that not a lot of people are ready to pay extra for ABS.
SOURCE
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 18:58   #56
Senior - BHPian

Very impressive this I can honestly say I have never been this impressed by a new car launch in years. (counting the Octavia, A3, CLA, Ciaz, Bolt/Zest etc.)

Really hope they offer a variant with a proper glove-box, abs and airbags. Apart from that, I do hope it is fun to drive. Cause the days of FTD small cars that most parents buy their kids when they turn 18, which are cheap and easy to fix, are dwindling. If the Duster and Fluence are any indication, the suspension ought to be really good at handling poor indian road conditions. Really can't wait to check this car out

Last edited by IshaanIan : 20th May 2015 at 18:59.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 19:27   #57
BHPian

WOW!!! This should do another Duster for Renault in sales with the looks and expected price. They probably have the car to challenge Maruti with now but what remains to be seen is whether they will improve the sales and service network.

Good to hear that AMT will be present but sad to know that there will not be ABS. Renault if you are reading this please give ABS atleast as an option as you have one car in this segment and don't mess this opportunity to well and truly shake up the segment. Its not like you have to worry about cannibalism within the brand or anything of that sort.

Boy cant get over the looks it looks awesome! Who says cheap cars cant look good!

Well done Renault! Cant wait for this one to be launched! Please don't disappoint us with the pricing and specifications.
miharbe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 19:30   #58
Senior - BHPian

It's beefed up looks have certainly won me over. The dark green is a killer. Hope it makes it to production.

Wonder why they have those power window buttons on the dash, and an unusual glove box lid. Minor irritants but a big thumbs up from me!

This will have the competitors scrambling for better designs for sure.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 19:34   #59
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd June 2015 at 09:27.
echo77 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th May 2015, 19:46   #60
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Renault XBA: Now unveiled as the Kwid

Thanks to Rahul Parihar for sharing!

Initial website for the Kwid is up & running - Link.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks