Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2015, 18:41   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra Scorpio AT coming. EDIT, now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Any idea whether it is a torque converter or a cvt or a DSG ?
Definitely a torque converter. If I am not mistaken it will be the the same AT box that was used in the previous generation Scorpio.
Old 3rd July 2015, 09:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

The previous Aisin box was a torque converter, and had converter lockup programmed to operate from 3rd to 6th. SUV's are also better off with converters, as the torque multiplication provides immense thrust while off road climbing.

Rahul
Old 3rd July 2015, 13:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
The previous Aisin box was a torque converter, and had converter lockup programmed to operate from 3rd to 6th. SUV's are also better off with converters, as the torque multiplication provides immense thrust while off road climbing.

Rahul
I think Scorpio had an Australian AT box by the name of DSI or something. Not Aisin. Accord V6 came with Aisin box and I think the new Scorpio may come with it, too, as I read somewhere. But yes, I was pleasantly surprised by old Scorpio AT's acceleration, especially in higher gears. Engine was also very relaxed. Was doing around 115 KPH at 2100 RPM. This is one of those cars which do not have an impressive spec-sheet but do perform very good. I did not find 3 litre Endeavour AT as good in acceleration. Or, may be the Endy I drove was not good.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 14:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I think Scorpio had an Australian AT box by the name of DSI or something..
In the previous version, they started with DSI, then stopped production, then restarted with Bosch:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...stopped-3.html

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 4th July 2015, 12:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

This is good news. With no AT Diesel SUV in the price range available. Fortuner reaching around 30L, I had been waiting for Creta to see it before booking it.

Creta will be diesel AT around 12L, its a no brainer, its available with lots of good features, which mahindra scorpio may lack. Also, the hyundai will not face issues on the gearbox OR reliability.

Scorpio AT might cause a harder relook at my decision for AT Creta.
Old 4th July 2015, 23:18   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused_soul View Post
As usual Mahindra has been reactive rather than proactive. The timing of the AT with the launch of the Creta is more than a co-incidence. High time the company gets its act together and aims to be an innovator rather than a follower
Not sure if correct, car testing must have been going on for few months now and they would have been also probably planning a launch near diwali. It is just that Hyundai took everyone by surprise with going so fast on Creta.

But yes in M&M interest they better get the XUV 500 AT out quickly, before they start losing traction. I see a lot of XUV W6/W4 potentials moving to Creta AT for ease of convenience.

Last edited by AtheK : 4th July 2015 at 23:19.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 15:21   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

The Mahindra Scorpio AT bookings are now open.

Looks like Mahindra has fast-tracked the Scorpio Automatic for a launch coinciding with the Hyundai Creta launch, either immediately before or immediately after.

Quote:
Mahindra has started taking bookings for the soon to be launched automatic version of their most popular SUV, Scorpio.

This seems the perfect time for Mahindra to launch the automatic variant of Scorpio as the upcoming Creta from Hyundai which will try to eat up the sales of Scorpio as it will also be equipped with a six-speed automatic gearbox.

The fight will become even more interesting now since Scorpio will also have a six-speed gearbox and will become the first SUV in its class to feature automatic transmission if launched before the Creta. The automatic variant will also be equipped with the same powerful 2.2L mHawk diesel engine which has a power and torque output of 120bhp and 280Nm respectively.
Motor Trend
Old 13th July 2015, 16:17   #23
BHPian

Got the below message from Koncept Mahindra & Synergy Cars, The bookings definitely are open.

Great to see the Manufacturers introducing (or reintroducing in this case) AT Variants. XUV 5OO needs to follow at the earliest
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio AT coming. EDIT, now launched-wp_ss_20150713_0002.jpg  

amit_2025 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 10:39   #24
Team-BHP Support

Thank you to the Team-BHP fan (who prefers to remain anonymous) for sending us this information. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

Team-BHP has managed to procure the price list of upcoming Scorpio Automatic.

Mahindra Scorpio AT coming. EDIT, now launched-scorpio-auto-price.jpg

The price list indicates that the Scorpio AT will be available only on S10 (top end) trim level with both, two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive configurations.

While the S10 AT two-wheel drive is priced at Rs. 13,13,701, the price of the four-wheel drive version is pegged at Rs. 14,32,976. The manual transmission versions of the two are priced at Rs. 12,48,714 and Rs. 13,61,976 respectively (all prices ex-showroom, Delhi).
Aditya is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 11:00   #25
BHPian

I personally feel Scorpio is way over priced for the quality it offers. AT reaching 17.5 lacs gets it into the bracket of many luxury sedans that are so much more value for money than a crude product like a Scorpio.
TaurusAl is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 12:31   #26
Senior - BHPian

So it comes to 15.46 L OTR Delhi for 2WD. Leaving aside the other costs as added by the dealer.

Now eagerly awaiting for the price of Creta AT, its less than a week now for the launch.
Old 15th July 2015, 12:36   #27
BANNED

17 Lakhs for the top end Scorpio! So the XUV AT will be a 2 million rupee one. But then there are hardly any automatic SUV's in 15-25 lakh bracket. Hope Hyundai prices the Creta well. Even though it's not gonna get AWD, it can still lure some customers of Scorpio.
Old 15th July 2015, 14:50   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

The Mahindra Scorpio AT has been "softly" launched in it's 2WD and 4WD trims at 15.49 lakhs, ex-showroom Mumbai.

Prices:

Mahindra Scorpio S10 2WD AT – INR 15.49 lakhs,
Mahindra Scorpio S10 4WD AT – INR 16.92 lakhs.

Bookings are open with a deposit of Rs. 5 lakhs, with deliveries promised in 45 days.

Quote:
For reference, the Scorpio S10 2WD MT costs INR 14.53 lakhs, and the S10 AWD comes in at INR 15.88 lakhs, on-road Mumbai. The automatic gearbox has added about a lakh to the price of the SUV.

The Scorpio AT is powered by a 2.2-liter mHawk four-cylinder diesel engine which is capable of 120 bhp at 4,000 rpm and 280 Nm of torque between 1,800-2,800 rpm. On the safety front, the S10 variant is equipped with dual front airbags, ABS, EBD, an anti-theft system and an engine immobilizer.
IAB
Old 15th July 2015, 15:04   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
While the S10 AT two-wheel drive is priced at Rs. 13,13,701, the price of the four-wheel drive version is pegged at Rs. 14,32,976. The manual transmission versions of the two are priced at Rs. 12,48,714 and Rs. 13,61,976 respectively (all prices ex-showroom, Delhi).
That means Mahindra is asking Rs. 64,987 and Rs. 71,000 premium respectively for the 2WD and 4WD variants.

In a market where Maruti charges nearly 50,000 premium for an AMT gearbox in the Alto K10 and Toyota asks 90,000 to 1,00,000 more for the automatic variants of the Fortuner, I think the premium asked by Mahindra is not unreasonable.
Yeldo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 15:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

No offense to Mahindra: families such as mine would even buy the "boat-like" Xylo, if we are given an Automatic option. It may look like a compromise, but at least we would have a useable third row. IMHO the purchase of the 'Old General' Scorpio is done from the heart and not from the head. If you have decided on the Scorpio, you would buy it even if it doesn't have an AT - and if you don't like the Scorpio, you would not buy it even if it has an AT (Being an AT fan, I hope for its success though).

OT: With the current pricing of Scorpio AT, the Tata Aria (Manual) suddenly looks value for money

Last edited by jinojohnt : 15th July 2015 at 15:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks