Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2015, 14:46   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio AT coming. EDIT, now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Any luck with this? I am in the same boat as you. Have you closed the deal by now?

I took my wife to see the Creta last weekend and that was rejected due to the fact that it will be difficult to seat even 5 people in the vehicle. Also the Creta did not give a true SUV feel to it; it was more like a slightly larger hatch back.

This weekend is a trip to the Mahindra showroom. I am for the Scorpio simply because it is a real SUV and has an automatic version. In fact it has an automatic 4wd. That is truly tempting.
Nope. No luck. No TD of the automatic. And still waiting for the quotation.
Old 2nd October 2015, 17:25   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar has put up a TD report of the Scorpio AT.

Report Link

Quote:
e updated Scorpio automatic does feel mildly refined, especially during upshifts, when compared to its predecessor. Drive casually in the city, and upshifts are relatively smooth. You do feel the gearbox upshifting, and at times there is a bit of a lurch or a clunk. But what it also does is cruise smoothly as long as you drive it in a sort of relaxed manner.

The gearbox doesn't like shifting in a hurry, go hard on the throttle and you will notice some reluctance. It likes to take its own time when going down a cog or two and at times this is a bit frustrating. But what you do appreciate on the Scorpio auto is not having to go though the chore of manually engaging and disengaging the clutch and putting an effort into shifting gears, and that makes it much more relaxing to drive.

What really isn't nice however is the flimsy build of the gear selector. The materials used, the manner in which it functions and the overall lack of robustness aren't impressive.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 2nd October 2015 at 17:26.
Old 14th November 2015, 16:34   #78
BHPian

I am also interested in a Scorpio 4x4 AT. Had expressed interest on the Mahindra website. Koncept automobiles calls me and fixes the schedule for a test drive. The sales executive calls me at 11:00 am today and says that he is waiting for the TD car and will start for my house in a bit. I call him after 3 hours and he says that he is still waiting for the TD vehicle and will start in a bit. Give him a piece of my mind and ask him to get back to me with something workable and not make false promises.

I get a call from another dealer (sri durga automobiles) and the front desk says that someone will call me in 10 mins and i call them after two hours and speak to a sales executive to discover that they do not have a automatic TD car and will let me know whenever a new automatic is there in stock.
Old 26th November 2015, 14:41   #79
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Scorpio might get the same automatic as the XUV500

Just a day after the launch of the XUV500 automatic, rumours are that this new generation torque converter might make its way into the Scorpio as well.

The Mahindra Scorpio currently uses an older generation 6-speed automatic gearbox from Drivetrain Systems International (DSI). It was launched in July this year. The one on the newly launched XUV500 6-speed automatic (F6F45) is sourced from Aisin Seiki.

Link to news article

Last edited by S2!!! : 26th November 2015 at 14:44.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 17:37   #80
BHPian

Dear S2!!!,

I have posted this in the Scorpio official review thread. Maybe this is a better place.
I am going in for Scorpio S10 AT 2wd version.
The family opted for 2+3+3 seating option.
I expect to prepare a more detailed review. Maybe I will start a new thread.
Thanks to you and many others on TBHP, I am motivated and convinced to take this plunge.

Girish Mahajan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks