Team-BHP - Rumour: Nissan to launch new X-Trail. EDIT: Launch postponed to 2016 Auto Expo
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Rumour: Nissan to launch new X-Trail. EDIT: Launch postponed to 2016 Auto Expo (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/167116-rumour-nissan-launch-new-x-trail-edit-launch-postponed-2016-auto-expo.html)

In February 2014, Nissan discontinued sales of the X-Trail SUV in India. The vehicle's negligible sales were believed to be the reason for the company taking this step. Now, Nissan is rumoured to be gearing up to launch the new X-Trail in the country in the coming months.

Rumour: Nissan to launch new X-Trail. EDIT: Launch postponed to 2016 Auto Expo-xt1.jpg

The third-generation X-Trail looks more modern compared to the model that was sold earlier. It is built on Renault-Nissan's CMF-CD platform and features a more rounded design, which is in line with other Nissan crossovers and SUVs. The interiors of the car have also been reworked and feature seven seats.

Rumour: Nissan to launch new X-Trail. EDIT: Launch postponed to 2016 Auto Expo-xt3.jpg

The India-spec X-Trail is likely to be powered by a 2.0-litre dCi diesel engine. It will be available with a CVT gearbox and Nissan's electronic 4WD system, which can be operated even when the car is in motion (shift-on-fly).

Rumour: Nissan to launch new X-Trail. EDIT: Launch postponed to 2016 Auto Expo-xt4.jpg

According to media reports, the X-Trail is likely to be introduced in India during the upcoming festive season. It will also be imported as a CBU, which could prevent Nissan from pricing it competitively.

Rumour: Nissan to launch new X-Trail. EDIT: Launch postponed to 2016 Auto Expo-xt2.jpg

Source: Autocar India

The previous gen here looked a bit boxy. This one is sleek and good looking. I'm guessing it would be around or even higher than the Santa Fe level in terms of pricing, being a CBU?

The car's looks no longer do justice to its name. The Xtrail for me was synonymous with a "go anywhere" no nonsense kind of a vehicle. The current one looks like they were trying to give competition to BMW's X1 in terms of a design. UGLY!

And when will they learn. CBU route does not make any sense in India. Why then go through the hassles of even bringing the car back, specially when the reason for discounting the earlier model was lack of sales. What areas have they addressed to prevent the same this time? I see none honestly.

Globally, Nissan replaced 2.0L engine with a 1.6L unit. Not sure how Nissan will bring it to India with a 2.0 engine.

i had been patiently waiting for this one.

But, in last night's episode of auto car show they mentioned price range of 32-35 Lacs ex showroom. that more or less kills it, specially for me. way overpriced.
for the life of me i cannot get to terms with this extremely irrititating CBU strategy of some manufacturers.
i think the government should have astronomical tax rate on CBU's to completely kill this launch route!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by maven (Post 3778819)
i think the government should have astronomical tax rate on CBU's to completely kill this launch route!!

Err.. That is the scene now and that is why the car you wanted to own might be launched way overpriced than its real worth. The Govt. should take away the astronomical tax rate on imported cars rather than kill this launch root with the current tax rate.

If the older one looked too boxy and dated, this one looks too rounded and diminutive and a big hatch-like. Why can't we see more and more along the lines of Scorpio/Safari/Pajero/Fortuner-- big bulky and with right combination of curves and staright lines? And at 32 OTR, it will be DOA.

Wish they bring this engine to the fluence. The price mentioned for x trail in the fb page suggests it between 32 to 34 lakhs. So,it's safe to say it 'll be dead anyway.

Previous generation X - trail was my favourite suv in 30 L range and i regret not buying it (only because of CBU pricing). But, if nissan can keep it below 32 L on road for a feature rich vehicle like previous SLX AT variant, i see a decent small market for it (100-150 nos per month?), as it provides a good alternative as a japanese (read more reliable and cheaper to maintain), feature packed, diesel, AT soft roader with good ride handling balance which is not available in market currently.

NIssan should also look and bringing their Quashqai also to the market. They have one of the most finest looking SUV's. But CBU's would not make it dearer.

What is the expected price range. Will it go beyond 35 L ?

AFAIK this is sold as Nissan ROGUE in the North American market. It mainly competes with the likes of Honda CRV, Subaru Forester, Mazda CX-5, Ford Escape, Toyota RAV4 etc and is gaining good market share especially with the current model.
If it's going to be a CBU then the prices for petrol version (if introduced in India) should be somewhat similar to a CRV.

The previous generation TS/TL looked way better. Not only that it had a 2.0L turbo diesel and a proper 6 speed auto. The X-trail available here comes with a rubbish CVT, and a 1.6L engine (when others like the Mazda CX-5, Honda CRV, Jeep Cherokee and the VW Tiguan have 2.0 and 2.2L diesel engines).

You could even go off-road in the previous X-trail. This one looks like a high wagon with absolutely no appeal whatsoever. Nissan seems to have lost the plot. If this is 32L on road, then it will be dead before arrival. Can't see many people actually buying this.

Found this video comparison between the 2015 Nissan Xtrail & the 2015 Honda CRV complete with the 2014 models of both thrown in for good measure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xOGMQt7YOU

copy right rests with the owner of the video/you tube

What is interesting is that Zauba does not have any record of any X-Trail being imported into India since a long time. This could mean that it is unlikely that Nissan will launch the car in the festive season, which is not too far away.

Nissan appears to have pushed the launch of the new X-Trail ahead to February 2016.

Link to Team-BHP News Article