Team-BHP - The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/170197-tata-nexon-now-launched-rs-5-85-lakhs-149.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnredkar (Post 4269247)
No, they mean Apple iPhone is the 2nd biggest launch of September; Nexon would be the biggest. Ambitious, aren't we :)

Actually, they are correct, considering the relative importance of both Nexon and Iphone for India. A 1 lakh phone :eek: or a (anticipated) well priced car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 (Post 4269240)
I guess they mean 1st biggest launch of September was Apple's iPhone stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by antz.bin (Post 4269241)
They are probably referring to the 3 iPhones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4269245)
Probably saying that Nexon launch is even more anticipated by the country than the iPhone X launch.

Oh thanks Guys, that was completely missed by a I-phobe like me. For the last few minutes,I was filled with a hope that they would come up with the Q501. I thought the Nexon was already launched after seeing the paper ad on Monday. What a downer.

The black color looks absolutely smashing! Very tempted to buy the car in exchange for my swift.hope they come up with great exchange offers to lure customer like me.

Customers will be going to a Tata showroom like Tom used to get Jerry with the smoky cheese hand guiding the path.

Test Drove the Nexon Diesel XZ+ today.
My observations (in the order that I remember them):No complaints against the interior quality, fit and finish (Except few things listed above).
Overall I was pretty impressed by the car. A very good package for the city (Size, light clutch, driveability) and also for highway (Good power, controlled NVH, cruising abilities). I expect 10 Lakh OTR Mumbai (Too optimistic?).
Very tempted to buy :D
PS: Hated the Blue colour. Too loud for my taste. Loving the pictures of Glasgow Grey.

Quote:

Originally Posted by driveanddrive (Post 4269356)
[*]Mirrors are power adjustable, not foldable

You have to press the knob in to fold the ovrms. There is no special button or switch like in other cars for it. The knob adjusts the mirrors and also folds it so it does have electrically foldable ovrm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay380 (Post 4251699)
My uncle got his XTA delivered couple of days back. Earlier he had booked base XE but he was smitten by the post GST prices and the Auto box coupled with lovely interior's. It's the first TATA in family!

Attachment 1666429

Uncle fell so much in love of TATA that he is trading his 2yr old WagorR for NExon :) :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by driveanddrive (Post 4269356)
[*]Mirrors are power adjustable, not foldable

Mirrors are electric one-touch foldable, no Auto fold upon locking the car.

See 4th row from the bottom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam_GTR (Post 4269368)
You have to press the knob in to fold the ovrms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arif_t01 (Post 4269378)
Mirrors are electric one-touch foldable, no Auto fold upon locking the car.

Hi Sam and Arif,
I tried doing that 5-6 times and the mirrors did not fold. I asked the SA if they don't fold, he said only adjustable, not foldable. :confused:
Good if they indeed fold.

Quote:

Originally Posted by driveanddrive (Post 4269402)
Hi Sam and Arif,
I tried doing that 5-6 times and the mirrors did not fold. I asked the SA if they don't fold, he said only adjustable, not foldable. :confused:

Even I did not try auto folding them during my test drive. But if they are present as stated in the brochure, then you have to turn that knob to its center position and then press.

For me, Glasgow grey looks the best colour. Have confirmed the same to my SA. This colour subtly masks those funky design elements to give an understated look. Democar hasn't reached any of the Nagpur dealerships. Expected in couples of days. On road Nagpur pricing as per my SA could range between 8.50 to 12.50. But I feel that is way off the mark. Considering the segment, it would kill instantly the fantastic product Tata has brought.

The online brochure nowhere mentions the much praised Activity key. Could be offered as an accessory. :Frustrati

Also, I feel Glasgow grey with a ceramic white roof would look really cool and go well with the white belt line. Missed opportunity by Tata.

Edit: Someone has already done that dual tone version at TAI.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...tml#post548227

Quote:

Originally Posted by driveanddrive (Post 4269402)
Hi Sam and Arif,

Quote:

Originally Posted by aman9393 (Post 4269408)
Even I did not try auto folding them during my test drive. But if they are present as stated in the brochure, then you have to turn that knob to its center position and then press.

When the knob is in the centre you have go press the knob downwards, for a second and then it folds. If you just press it downwards in a jiffy, it will not fold. Have to press the button a little longer. I think that is to avoid accidental folding while adjusting.

Here is another video showing Nexon in grey color! Blue can also be seen next to it.

https://youtu.be/aFckNaWjn5o

Red one
https://youtu.be/rn3ZEVEKZCs

Quote:

Originally Posted by drnilswap (Post 4269417)
For me, Glasgow grey looks the best colour. Have confirmed the same to my SA. This colour subtly masks those funky design elements to give an understated look.

Yes, the grey seems the best color, but all the pictures of the grey nexon I have seen are the single tone ones. Has anyone seen the dual tone in grey, I mean with the silver colored roof?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enobarbus (Post 4269649)
Yes, the grey seems the best color, but all the pictures of the grey nexon I have seen are the single tone ones. Has anyone seen the dual tone in grey, I mean with the silver colored roof?

Dual tone will be offered only with red and blue colours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prasathlr (Post 4269132)
Hi guys, I was in TATA showroom in Bangalore. fortunately I met my old friend there who is working for TML and he answered our many question regarding nexon including price according to him price for xz+ on road Bangalore will ₹ 10,54,000/-

Based on this OTR price for Bengaluru, the ex-showroom price should be around 8.8 - 8.9 Lakhs. That would undercut the Brezza ZDi+ by about a lakh. :thumbs up