Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2019, 11:39   #301
Senior - BHPian

re: BS6 / BSVI emission norms coming in April 2020! EDIT: BS6 Phase II coming in April 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
First Mahindra and now Hyundai, saying that BS6 cost increases are not going to be a jolt to the pocket.
With the refined diesels, and the space vacated by Maruti DDIS, looks like Hyundai is going to have a free run in that segment
I dont think Maruti will vacate the spot so easily. They maybe late by some months at most but I am sure they will release their BS VI Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
One doubt which I have been having is that, the BS6 ready cars, when customers are purchasing them, in 2019 and before April 2020, they will be registered as BSIV in the RC book. Is there any provision to get that updated to BS6 automatically post April 2020? Is there any concrete information in this regard? Many of my friends have been asking this, as in, is there any difference between buying a BS6 ready car now or after April 2020 ?
Yes, I agree the current scheme seems to be very rigid and as far as I know there is no such conversion process available.

The Govt should offer the flexibility to tag cars with BS VI compliant engines as BS VI and not as BS IV. The way it is currently, there is no incentive for those companies that have adopted the BS VI Standards ahead of time.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 11:42   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

re: BS6 / BSVI emission norms coming in April 2020! EDIT: BS6 Phase II coming in April 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
One doubt which I have been having is that, the BS6 ready cars, when customers are purchasing them, in 2019 and before April 2020, they will be registered as BSIV in the RC book. Is there any provision to get that updated to BS6 automatically post April 2020? Is there any concrete information in this regard? Many of my friends have been asking this, as in, is there any difference between buying a BS6 ready car now or after April 2020 ?
The below linked thread gives some insight to the query you have:

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 12:31   #303
BHPian

Has anyone purchased a BS6 compliant car recently and received the RC book as well?
I'm about to buy a BS6 Dzire for my father and I'm unsure what the RC card will say. The salesman at the showroom said the invoice, sale certificate and fasttag form will mention that the car is BS6 but as far as I know, RC copy is the main document and that will show only BS4 (irrespective of engine in the car) till 2020 at least. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

The salesman is adamant that the RC copy will also say BS6 and he has said he will share proof with me but he needs time. I'm assuming that's just a delay tactic and he can't really get hold of any RC that says BS6?
Old 13th August 2019, 14:51   #304
BANNED

The way the rules are any car purchased before 1 April 2020 will NOT be called BS-VI. I faced the same issue when I bought my Honda Civic a decade ago. As it turned out the reverse parking sensors were integrated so actually I paid less.

Now with EVs coming in what will be the game?

Last edited by navin : 14th August 2019 at 11:21. Reason: typo
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 16:28   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyascashyap View Post
The salesman is adamant that the RC copy will also say BS6 and he has said he will share proof with me but he needs time. I'm assuming that's just a delay tactic and he can't really get hold of any RC that says BS6?
Ideally the RC will/should say BS6. I don't think they'll make such a stupid mistake of printing BS4 for an engine that is certified to be BS6 compliant by government's own agencies.

Simplest would be - ask the SA to give you a registration number of a BS6 car that got registered recently at his showroom. Enter that registration here at this link -

Government of India, DoT website to check registration details

You'll see what the RC says by your own eyes.
The result has specific field for emissions norms certified for that vehicle.
Old 13th August 2019, 16:43   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone purchased a BS6 compliant car recently and received the RC book as well?
I'm about to buy a BS6 Dzire for my father and I'm unsure what the RC card will say. The salesman at the showroom said the invoice, sale certificate and fasttag form will mention that the car is BS6 but as far as I know, RC copy is the main document and that will show only BS4 (irrespective of engine in the car) till 2020 at least. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

The salesman is partially right. I recently bought a BS6 Baleno 1.2 Zeta Petrol & the RC book shows BS IV/VI.
Attached Thumbnails
BS6 / BSVI emission norms coming in April 2020! EDIT: BS6 Phase II coming in April 2023-baleno_bs6.jpg  

goswami.j is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 11:24   #307
BANNED

@goswami.j; I think you have got it. Maybe due to the slowdown they have opted for if. I hope sometime down the line it can become BS-VI. Is it across the nation?
Old 14th August 2019, 17:59   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
The salesman is partially right. I recently bought a BS6 Baleno 1.2 Zeta Petrol & the RC book shows BS IV/VI.
Thanks for the update. Can I know your location? And where did you get this screenshot from? Do you have the same IV/VI shown on the physical RC as well?
Sorry for the multiple questions!
Old 14th August 2019, 18:04   #309
Senior - BHPian

What advantage does the consumer have with a BS6 engine? I agree it's cleaner but that's about it. Why is there the apprehension to buy a BS4 diesel today , especially since it'll be a lot cheaper than the incoming BS6 engined cars.

I bought an S Cross powered by the 1.3 MJD and I have no issues with it being BS4. It's one of the most frugal engines out there so that's good for the environment as well.

But a lot of people at the showroom left disappointed that it's a BS4 engined car.

Any opinions?
Old 14th August 2019, 18:25   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update. Can I know your location? And where did you get this screenshot from? Do you have the same IV/VI shown on the physical RC as well?
Sorry for the multiple questions!
1. I have registered this car in JH - Jharkhand.
2. The screen shot is from parivahan, the govt website (https://parivahan.gov.in/rcdlstatus/...rcDlHome.xhtml)
3. The physical RC book also shows BSIV/VI

So go ahead & buy a BS6 vehicle now itself without any issues.
goswami.j is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 18:55   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
What advantage does the consumer have with a BS6 engine? I agree it's cleaner but that's about it. Why is there the apprehension to buy a BS4 diesel today , especially since it'll be a lot cheaper than the incoming BS6 engined cars.
Because one fine day after 5, 7, 10 or 12 years, NGT (or a similar body at that time) may announce that no BS4 vehicle is allowed after 3/6/9 months.

That's how it has been happening so far in India.
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 20:38   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Because one fine day after 5, 7, 10 or 12 years, NGT (or a similar body at that time) may announce that no BS4 vehicle is allowed after 3/6/9 months.

That's how it has been happening so far in India.
I don't think they can do that. They can, but not such a short timeframe.
Old 15th August 2019, 00:42   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Any opinions?
1. Resale value of BS4 cars will diminish post 1 April 2020.

2. Tag of old technology.

3. Car is long term investment. Customer wouldn't mind waiting a few more months to get latest technology.

4. NGT dikkat which seems far fetched.

For diesel engine, BS4 is better. No extra hardware, NOX, AdBlue, etc.

Other Points:
1. BS6 long term Indian condition running is still to be ascertained
2. BS6 fuel impact on BS4/BS3 engine long term
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 12:27   #314
BHPian

Came across this report which says BS VI version of Fortuner and Innova Diesel could push up the prices by upto 5 lakhs and 3 - 4 Lakhs respectively. My mind = blown ! isn't it too high a cost considering they sell reasonably good volumes of the Innova/ Fortuner ??

Get this, Top of the line Diesel Fortuner will now touch 45 Lakhs and that off Innova would be ~30 Lakhs. IMHO Fleet operators will be running around for an alternate if this is indeed true

Do we have an estimate of the impact on Mahindra's Vehicles ?

Source : https://www.rushlane.com/toyota-inno...-12320611.html
Sk8r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 14:09   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
1. Resale value of BS4 cars will diminish post 1 April 2020.
I don't think there will be any impact on resale value of current cars. In fact for maintenance & part replacements in the long term these will be cheaper to own (not a very eco friendly statement I know!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
1. BS6 long term Indian condition running is still to be ascertained
2. BS6 fuel impact on BS4/BS3 engine long term
I don't see why BS6 running in Indian conditions will be significantly different. Equivalent norms are already in place all over the world with countries that have similar weather & traffic conditions like ours.

Using a "purer" fuel with added lubricating agents should not cause any problems on a BS4 engine I feel. Anyway, thats explained in a different thread on the forum with technical aspects.

There are countless cars in EU that run on Euro5/6 diesel or petrol. Cars that were made far earlier than these norms kicked in. They are running absolutely fine.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks