Team-BHP - Volkswagen @ Auto Expo 2016
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Volkswagen @ Auto Expo 2016 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/172914-volkswagen-auto-expo-2016-a-4.html)

Now the point is how i can upgrade my 2013 Vento and get this LED setup clap:. I know somewhere someone might be thinking on same lines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vineet1712 (Post 3909713)
Now the point is how i can upgrade my 2013 Vento and get this LED setup clap:. I know somewhere someone might be thinking on same lines.

Sadly they are not coming at least till late Q2. I am booking a Vento and wanted to get those, they are selling the 2016 Vento with Rain sensing vipers, Automatically dimming IRVM and the new touchscreen media using with mirrorlink (Alas iOS user here). But that beautiful LED headlamp and DRLs are missing.

At least this is what the dealer is telling me, if someone has more insight it would be good to know.

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brainstormer (Post 3910674)
Sadly they are not coming at least till late Q2. I am booking a Vento and wanted to get those, they are selling the 2016 Vento with Rain sensing vipers, Automatically dimming IRVM and the new touchscreen media using with mirrorlink (Alas iOS user here). But that beautiful LED headlamp and DRLs are missing.

At least this is what the dealer is telling me, if someone has more insight it would be good to know.

My guess is that LED DRL's alongwith some more changes would come in July and that would be 2016 Facelift. VW have said that all the tdi models would need some patch work for emission issue and they would be fixing it soon.

Does Ameo and Vento gets the same HU?

All i can see that Ameo gets Reverse Camera and Vento doesn't in the images.

Sharing a couple of pictures from my end too :

Volkswagen @ Auto Expo 2016-vw-4.jpg

Volkswagen @ Auto Expo 2016-vw-5.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by brainstormer (Post 3910674)

I had been to the dealer here to day, to fix a double horn in my new Vento TSI and was talking to the Sales manager. They are now selling the Vento 2016 with rain sensing vipers, auto dimming rear view mirror and a new touch screen media set up ( No navigation in this ) . The price of the car has also increased with these new features. They have no information about the LED headlights and the DRL, as to when those features will be added., but will see another hike in price. I was also told that the production facility is giving priority to the recently launched Ameo, due for launch in July. so, those of you waiting for the LED headlights and DRL may need to wait longer than you would like to, with some extra cash in hand. :)

VW has updated the Brochure for the Vento on the official website. No mention of the LED Headlamps. So looking like it is confirmed that it will be another facelift, maybe when the Ameo launches.

http://www.volkswagenlive.in/volkswa...o_Brochure.pdf

So no reverse Cam too in this facelift along with new touchscreen setup

Since the reverse cam is coming with the Ameo, the Polo and Vento might get it along the same time as a refresh when the Ameo is launched. The aero wipers as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 3914208)
VW has updated the Brochure for the Vento on the official website. No mention of the LED Headlamps. So looking like it is confirmed that it will be another facelift, maybe when the Ameo launches.

http://www.volkswagenlive.in/volkswa...o_Brochure.pdf

Any idea why the blue color is removed from colors list , i only see five colors listed in the brochure

Dejected that the LEDs are not mentioned in this brochure. Was hoping to close my car hunt soon. Looks like will have to go back to the drawing board. Will we able to fit the LEDs post this? I assume most of us would be guessing on this. Spoke to my sales consultant he had no clue when the LEDs would come. Alas!

Regards
DV

Quote:

Originally Posted by csnanjappa (Post 3914306)
Any idea why the blue color is removed from colors list , i only see five colors listed in the brochure

Interesting observation. Did not notice it. In the main site I see the Blue also, but the main site is not updated with the latest features. So maybe they have dropped the color. VW is known for dropping/adding colors on a regular basis.

Surprised to see there is no longer a black shade also. I had assumed the black was always there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deevee (Post 3914307)
Dejected that the LEDs are not mentioned in this brochure. Was hoping to close my car hunt soon. Looks like will have to go back to the drawing board. Will we able to fit the LEDs post this? I assume most of us would be guessing on this. Spoke to my sales consultant he had no clue when the LEDs would come. Alas!

Regards
DV

I think you can definitely expect it in Q3, when the launch the Ameo. They will need something to position the Vento as a premium offering as compared to the Ameo.

Guys, not to disappoint but the all-LED headlamps are going to cost a lot. I can safely tell you this because unlike the current gen. dual barrel halogen headlamps which are not driven by the BCM (ideally they should be but VW India skimped on this), the bi-xenon + DRL ones and the LED + DRL ones are driven directly by the BCM and the BCMs (6RU/6R0 series) in the current generation Polo/Vento will not support these headlights - they require a 7H0 series which is the top-of-the-line BCM used in the VW Transporter/Amarok. Calls for extensive rework and wiring and isn’t a straight forward fit.

Plus, whatever bixenon + DRL OEM headlamps you see retrofitted on the cars now are hot-wired bypassing the AFS module. i.e. parking lights > DRL, high/low beam > bixenon projectors. We are unsure if the LED headlamps can be done this way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannu_1 (Post 3914336)
Guys, not to disappoint but the all-LED headlamps are going to cost a lot. I can safely tell you this because unlike the current gen. dual barrel halogen headlamps which are not driven by the BCM (ideally they should be but VW India skimped on this), the bi-xenon + DRL ones and the LED + DRL ones are driven directly by the BCM and the BCMs (6RU/6R0 series) in the current generation Polo/Vento will not support these headlights - they require a 7H0 series which is the top-of-the-line BCM used in the VW Transporter/Amarok.....

Thanks, just skimmed through your October 2015 thread in which you have upgraded your BCM. Nice job! So basically for a novice like me its certain the retrofit is out of question.

Now it would be a question about patience till it gets launched and convincing the better half about the additional 'investment'.

Car upgrade tests one's patience to the core!

Regards
DV