Team-BHP - Volkswagen @ Auto Expo 2016
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Volkswagen @ Auto Expo 2016 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/172914-volkswagen-auto-expo-2016-a-5.html)

autocolumn in below links says that "2016 VW Vento will come with LED headlamps and it may come to India with additional price tag of 1.6 lakhs for pair of headlamps."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQlgShjytWI

Dear Mods - Kindly merge this if a conversation is already on for this topic. Could not locate an appropriate thread

Attended the Bangalore unveiling event by VW where they showed the upcoming Passat, Tiguan and Polo GTI (3 door) as well as the new Beetle and Ameo.

I was mostly interested in Passat as well as Tiguan though gave a cursory look to Polo, Ameo and Beetle.

While VW showcased the Passat GTE, both at Auto Expo as well as here, their reps mentioned that it will not be the GTE which will be launched first here in India. It will be a mix of traditional petrol and diesel engines though the details were absent. The car on display was a LWD but gave me a first hand view of how it would come across. Loved the car as it continues to remain very understated. It actually does not look that big from outside, at least does not give an impression of being a barge. I do not recollect the electric motor specs while the engine was 1.4L TSI in the Passat. Expected date of launch is early Q3 or worse case late Q3 2016.

Price of Passat was quoted to be less than 40L on-road here in Bangalore though no formal pricing launched, as we all know.

Tiguan was of big interest as it was the first SUV I felt like exploring as my upgrade as else have always preferred sedans. Again - classic VW understated lines. I must admit it did not feel as special as Passat from inside while difficult to judge the quality considering the model on display is not meant for India. However, it had soft touch plastics at touch places and a flat bottomed steering.

The engine in the Tiguan was a 2.0L TSI engine worth 132 kW. I was told that Tiguan will be launched with the same engine and there will be no diesel! I told them it will be an uphill task to sell a petrol-only SUV. But then I am not sure if the reps knew everything considering they came across blank on quite a few questions and mentioned this is the first time they themselves are seeing the vehicles.

Tiguan launch date is anticipated to be early 2017 though it will be provided to auto journos by April 2016 for test drives. @Mods, any visibility to test drive windows? The price for Tiguan was being explored to be max at 35L on-road in Bangalore.

Will not touch upon Polo GTI or others as did not dwell too much upon these cars.

I did ask the VW reps if Team BHP is amongst those who will be provided test drives in the first instance to which he said yes :) He did go on to ask me if I am from the forum.

Will try to add some pics from the event as I need to figure out how to do it correctly.

Any other Bhpians who made it to the event?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hells Bells (Post 3920548)

Any other Bhpians who made it to the event?

Suhaas307, ajmat and myself were there at the event.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3920558)
Suhaas307, ajmat and myself were there at the event.:)

If you saw three people, dismantling the cars, removing panels, that was us.

From our conversations with VW. The Passat is the next launch.

The Tiguan has not even been considered (big mistake!). Loved the Tiguan quality although the driver seat adjuster had given up the ghost. Canbeat the CRV hands down

Beetle - cute, my wife liked it but hard plastics everywhere. My 6ft frame runs the risk of getting my head squashed by the tailgate or clonked by the hard plastic panels. No electric seats in a Rs 30L caR. Huge doors - not suitable for our close parking

Passat - very plush, very nice from the inside. The batteries compromised the boot space leaving no space for the spare wheel

Polo GTI - You see where the India Polo cost cutting happened. Still looks ordinary both inside and out. YOU need a light colour to highlight the 2 dorr form. Battery is in the boot

Ameo - I think I would keet a Polo + roofbox. I wonder how many would sell since the sub 4 meter range are mainly cheap runabouts

Oh man! I missed meeting THE mods and all I had to do was shout "Team BHP anyone" :) I agree on Tiguan. It is an opportunity begging to be heeded by VW and they seem to be oblivious.

Bienvenue VW Passat for testing purposes

Volkswagen @ Auto Expo 2016-capture.jpg

Source