Team-BHP - Volkswagen Ameo @ Auto Expo 2016. EDIT: Starts at Rs. 5.14 lakhs!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Volkswagen Ameo @ Auto Expo 2016. EDIT: Starts at Rs. 5.14 lakhs! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/172918-volkswagen-ameo-auto-expo-2016-edit-starts-rs-5-14-lakhs-4.html)

most of the pics are already uploaded in thread "Volkswagen @ Auto Expo 2016" , meanwhile is the all colour MDI for new Passat or Vento ..?

Ameo looks like a decent try to enter the very crowded compact sedan market and would be bought by VW enthusiasts.

Realistically expecting it to be priced at a premium than the Dzires of the world which itself will contribute to its limited appeal. Somehow feel that in trying to be different they have patched in a Skoda family back to this car which does not really gel well with the rest of the car.

Overdrive reports that the Production Spec Ameo will get the same headlamp design that is coming as part of the Vento refresh. Whether it is just the design or whether it will actually get the LED headlamps is not very clear.

Quote:

A source tells us that the Volkswagen Ameo, at the time of its launch, will have the same headlamp design that was showcased on the Vento facelift. The Volkswagen Vento facelift was also showcased at the expo and is expected to be launched soon in India. It has LED elements in the headlamp assembly along with more chrome on the grille. Inside, the features and colour of the upholstery are expected to remain the same as showcased at the Expo.
Source: Overdrive

Volkswagen India to update the 1.5TDi engine by late 2016 -Volkswagen might start by introducing this engine with the new Ameo compact sedan. Eventually it will replace the current motor in all its applications including the Vento, Polo and Skoda Rapid.

Quote:

Based on the infamous EA189 platform, the updated 1.5TDi currently makes 105PS in the Polo GT and Vento while in the standard Polo, it makes 90PS. Expect it to make 2PS more in the new iteration and about 10Nm more torque. Efficiency is expected to go up a notch as well, about 7 per cent thereabouts

http://overdrive.in/news/volkswagen-...-by-late-2016/

Looks like the Ameo is being made available to Auto Portals for 'Visual'/First Look Reviews and to be driven in (No drive reports). Saw reports in Autocar and Overdrive.

Mostly what we already know. Couple of interesting points

Overdrive

Quote:

While we were only driven in the Ameo, we can still confirm that the car will be one of the best in segment in terms of dynamics. The Polo is one of those few cars that can put a smile on any enthusiast’s face. The Ameo won’t be any different and this alone gives the car extra brownie points when compared to its rivals. The chassis is known for excellent mechanical grip and the electric steering and tyres go well with the car’s character. The Ameo is also expected to handle exactly like the Polo. The good news is that the car weighs almost the same as its hatchback sibling.

While the Polo, Vento and GT TSI/TDI feature grippy 185-section Apollo Acelere’s, the Ameo runs on a more premium set of Bridestone Turanzas
Autocar

Quote:

VW will launch the Ameo towards the middle of the year. Prices are expected to start at Rs 5.5 lakh for the base petrol and go all the way up to Rs 9.5 lakh for the fully-loaded diesel automatic. VW says it will also likely offer a really attractive warranty and service package to sweeten the deal even further.

I honestly hate the boot integration. Never believed Volkswagen would do such a thing to an otherwise lovely car. We cannot blame them though. Indians love crude looking sub-four meter sedans

Am I the only one who thinks that the boot isn't so bad? I mean considering the 4m restrictions, I doubt you can do much. Agree that the Zest and possible Amaze are better, but this definitely is way better than a dzire, which sells 20k per month.

As launch nears, production version of Ameo spied.

Volkswagen Ameo @ Auto Expo 2016. EDIT: Starts at Rs. 5.14 lakhs!-1.jpg
Volkswagen Ameo @ Auto Expo 2016. EDIT: Starts at Rs. 5.14 lakhs!-2.jpg
Volkswagen Ameo @ Auto Expo 2016. EDIT: Starts at Rs. 5.14 lakhs!-3.jpg
Volkswagen Ameo @ Auto Expo 2016. EDIT: Starts at Rs. 5.14 lakhs!-4.jpg

http://www.autocolumn.com/2016-vw-am...version-spied/

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 3922026)
As launch nears, production version of Ameo spied.

Good scoop pictures, but poor reporting by autocolumn. Says the diesel is 105ps, but I believe it is supposed to be the Polo tune. Then says the petrol is 1.2 tsi with the power/ torque numbers of the 1.2 NA petrol.

Finally says a automatic may be available in the top end. The image itself is of an automatic. The dsg AT gear is clearly visible.

I never thought a VW could be so ugly :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 3922106)
Good scoop pictures, but poor reporting by autocolumn. Says the diesel is 105ps, but I believe it is supposed to be the Polo tune. Then says the petrol is 1.2 tsi with the power/ torque numbers of the 1.2 NA petrol.

Finally says a automatic may be available in the top end. The image itself is of an automatic. The dsg AT gear is clearly visible.

There's no TSI engine option with Ameo at all therefore no TSI DSG. That's reserved for the Polo GT and Vento.

The TDI DSG is confirmed as the pictures reveal. However it is not known if it is 90PS or 105PS. I think it will be 105PS as they have the Vento and Rapid with the 105PS TDI DSG combo. Makes more sense to use it. Plus the Polo GT TDI is not available with DSG so the Ameo will have that advantage.

Having a TDI DSg in this segment might just be the differentiating factor in this segment. Although looking at the Polo GT TDI pricing this will easily cross 11 lakhs on road in places like Bangalore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3922133)
. I think it will be 105PS as they have the Vento and Rapid with the 105PS TDI DSG combo. Makes more sense to use it. Plus the Polo GT TDI is not available with DSG so the Ameo will have that advantage.

Having a TDI DSg in this segment might just be the differentiating factor in this segment. Although looking at the Polo GT TDI pricing this will easily cross 11 lakhs on road in places like Bangalore.

The GT TDi with the 2016 pricing almost touches 11L otr Bangalore(9.06 ex showroom). Assuming the dsg adds at least 1L premium ( it is ~1.2L between the Vento tdi and tdi dsg), and a 20-30 k premium over the Polo itself,we will be looking at 10.5 ex showroom for an Ameo tdi dsg and close to 13 otr Bangalore. Not really feasible in my opinion considering the other AT(AMT) options like the Zest and Dzire are ~10L OTR Bangalore.

So I am thinking they have to keep it with the regular Polo tune to keep the pricing realistic( or admit that they have overpriced the GT TDI and reduce pricing :) )

That is one of the worst looking rears I have seen in recent times. I use to hate Dzire for its ugly rear but this takes the cake. Dzire suddenly looks better to me. Amaze followed by xcent are way better when it comes to the sub 4m sedans boot integration.

But looking at the practicality and huge market for this segment I am sure VW will sell quite a few. Cannibalising Dzire ? Well I don't see that happening. Only time will tell.

Ameo to get the updated TDI engine,New LED element headlight, 15-inch wheels and updated MirrorLink infotainment system and will feature a 15-inch set ( as Polo) !

Quote:

The Volkswagen Ameo will be offered with 1.2-litre petrol MPI and 1.5-litre TDI engines. The petrol motor will produce the same output as the Polo, which is 75PS/110Nm while the diesel will have an updated 1.5l motor that is expected to make 92PS of power and a segment highest 240Nm of torque
http://overdrive.in/news/volkswagen-...diesel-engine/

VW Ameo may well come with a DSG for the updated 1.5 TDI engine when launched.

Motorbeam has more info on the "Speculation".

Link

Though the pics shared in the above link are pretty much the same as this, a DSG+TDI combination will make this a pure performance oil burner. clap:

Add to this, if the updated 1.5 TDI is rated at 92 PS and 240 NM torque, the DSG combo will make this the GT of the sub 4m sedans.

Sweeeet:D