Team-BHP - Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/172943-tata-hexa-auto-expo-2016-a-50.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4069173)
Tata Motors is expected to price the Hexa 400 range from Rs 12.5 lakhs, ex-showroom, according to ACI.

That would make the starting price lower than the Crysta by about a lac and a half, I think. Would the fish bite?:)
The key then would be the kind of equipment and features, this would offer vis a vis the Crysta's lowest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherlocked (Post 4069018)
Don't know if this video has been shared here or not. Shows a recklessly driven Hexa on NH4. Dates to some four months back.

Credits to the original uploader on YouTube.

Mods, kindly delete if irrelevant or shared earlier.

http://youtu.be/ctJjBDN0wPI

Oh this has been posted before.

One positive I could gather from the video is, this thing stuck around on the road like a vacuum cleaner :D, atleast from the video it looked it like

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherlocked (Post 4069018)
Don't know if this video has been shared here or not. Shows a recklessly driven Hexa on NH4. Dates to some four months back.

Credits to the original uploader on YouTube.

Mods, kindly delete if irrelevant or shared earlier.

http://youtu.be/ctJjBDN0wPI

This is really dangerous. A slight misjudge and he could have killed that couple on the two wheeler.

I hope someone from Tata sees this and takes some action against its test mule driver.

This was already covered in May on page 13. :deadhorse

The Tata Hexa will come in 2 interior configurations:

- a 6-seater layout with captain chairs in the second row,
- a 7-seater layout with a conventional bench in the second row.

In addition, the Tata Hexa will get a 6-speed torque converter based automatic transmission, in addition to a 6-speed manual gearbox.

Also, the Tata Hexa will be offered with a "TUFF" body kit/accessories range, which will include black finishes for the alloy wheels, black finishers for the bumpers, 3D in-cabin mats, a cycle carrier and black seat upholstery.

The media drive of the Hexa is scheduled for the 3rd week of October.

IAB

Looks like trainings for the technicians and service personnel has started.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axe77 (Post 4069351)
This is really dangerous. A slight misjudge and he could have killed that couple on the two wheeler.

These are highly skilled and expert drivers, and every manufacturer would have people like that. In all the spotting reports I remember reading, I can recollect only one accident - I think it was a XUV 5OO.

btw, Behram sir himself had mentioned leaving behind a Fortuner well behind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by invidious (Post 4068931)
Tata seems to have made a genuine effort at improving their product portfolio. And despite their efforts, only the Tiago is a semi-hit. The Zest and the Bolt - despite getting reasonably good reviews are laggards in their respective segments.

The Zest, Bolt & Tiago are very good cars. However, the segment that they are in has too much competition and too many choices for the Customer. When there are many proven products, few will risk experimenting or buying a Tata.

The Hexa on the other hand comes in a space where there is hardly any competition except XUV or used premium SUVs. Hence, if Tata does play it's cards correctly, it can make the Hexa succeed.

I feel the initial launch should be at a very reasonable price, even if it means just breaking even on the product. If and when, it has gained market acceptance, they should bring it to a more realistic pricing.

The have to fight the New Innova as well as the lower end Endeavour 2,2 2WD which will all fall in similar price brackets.

Pic courtesy Dharmendra Sahni on Facebook, taken at an undisclosed dealership.

Tata Hexa @ Auto Expo 2016-14469465_1672292746421752_5893847972169359065_n.jpg

Also, confirming D-BHPian condor's info - official service training of the Tata Hexa for dealership technicians and service personnel has commenced at Tata's Sanand plant from 3rd October onwards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 4069644)
These are highly skilled and expert drivers, and every manufacturer would have people like that. In all the spotting reports I remember reading, I can recollect only one accident - I think it was a XUV 5OO.

I can only imagine you mean that in jest.

Skill is irrelevant - dangerous driving is reckless and uncalled for - period! Any number of things can go wrong that can result in a fatality and reckless driving will just increase the chances of a mishap, whether for one's own fault or external circumstances.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axe77
I can only imagine you mean that in jest.

Hardly !! The jest is in your imagination :)

Quote:

Skill is irrelevant
Ok. Your opinion that skill is irrelevant.

Quote:

- dangerous driving is reckless and uncalled for - period!
for all we know, there would be TBHP members with lesser skill and worse driving. There are definitely far more outside the community.

If these drivers were reckless, you would be seeing a lot more accidents caused by such drivers. Each test vehicle is driven easily above a lakh km, and that distance would give sufficient time for accidents to happen. But we dont see such accidents.

Quote:

Any number of things can go wrong that can result in a fatality and reckless driving will just increase the chances of a mishap, whether for one's own fault or external circumstances.
Can happen even in bumper to bumper driving in city at 40kmph.

Hexa's Official price announcement by Tata is very keenly awaited.

I wish Tata doesn't get too optimistic on Hexa pricing.

Tata must drop prices of flop, low volume selling Safari Dicor, Strome & Aria to make headway for aggressive Hexa pricing.

Tata must offer PAN india pricing and ensure OTR not exceeding 15L for the Top end 4x2 model Hexa.

With Aggressive pricing, sensible variants Hexa should sell 3K units/month.clap:

I think they may price the base model 11.99 ex-show room.

Hatchbacks on stilt Creta is around 18 Lakhs OTR, and Scross is above 15.25 Lakhs OTR.

All they need to do is undercut base price of XUV by decent margin.

After having followed this thread regularly, and having read the passionate banter that got exchanged, I could feel only one thing - Tata Motors is making people restless and eager about their cars! :D

Since when was that even a thing for this brand!? I'm just way too excited to see what the Hexa would be like in the flesh!

This fervor alone should be a sign that they have got something right. ;) Can't wait!

Fortuner announces the launch date - 7th Nov'16

In the context of Hexa, with so much of extensive testing & all the camouflaged sneak peaks, we are privileged to know only the media test drive week - no confirmed date too. please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3_07 (Post 4070148)
Fortuner announces the launch date - 7th Nov'16

In the context of Hexa, with so much of extensive testing & all the camouflaged sneak peaks, we are privileged to know only the media test drive week - no confirmed date too. please:

Exactly. If they have decided to launch before end of the month, pretty sure they must have decided on the date too. Not sure what's stopping them from announcing the same.

To be honest, while looking forward for launch date/price, I am becoming tired of 'spotted' pics because which we have been seeing it for ages now.