Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2016, 23:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster Facelift @ Auto Expo 2016

Renault duster has been always one of my favourite cars. It looks basic yet have a road presence and proper SUV character.

Though to catch up with competition, they have to make some further changes like need to revamp interiors thoroughly.

When this facelift is launching in the market? In which month?
Old 5th February 2016, 00:02   #17
BHPian

Although changes are always welcome, but the management at renault need to understand that the biggest problem with duster are the ancient looking and cheap quality interiors.
Things have got worse since the launch of creta with such high quality interiors.
Renault have to have to give a complete make over to those interiors if they want to stay in the race. Adding peach color door handles and pink color ac rings wont help!
Future does not look too bright for duster, now that maruti suzuki is also in the game with vitara brezza. Tough times ahead for Renault.
Old 5th February 2016, 00:14   #18
BHPian

What a disappointment. Was hoping to see better quality interiors and a modern dashboard. Nothing but some cosmetic changes. Reminds me of the good old Amby facelifts that was offered to hapless Indian customers. Really Renault?? This is what you could offer in this age where competition is vying for each other's blood?
Old 5th February 2016, 00:22   #19
Team-BHP Support

Is this some special Auto Expo Edition ? or was Renault stall near to Mahindra Aero concept? now what are these Renault guys doing - some Indianisation to please global leaders who think India as a land of colours?
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 03:49   #20
BHPian

With this "upgrade", Duster will concede a free run to the Brezza! At least, they could have done something about the power window switches that interfere with your knees while driving.
Old 5th February 2016, 05:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

My biggest gripe with the Duster is the lack of a clean, integrated (preferably roof or pillar mounted) air con unit for the rear. That is not addressed not does it seem to bother most people commenting.

Am I the only one who feels this?

Would have liked better thigh support front & back and better ergonomics overall. Only the last seems to be addressed.

IMO, if power or safety or ergonomics are not improved, the upgrade is pointless.
Old 5th February 2016, 07:16   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
My biggest gripe with the Duster is the lack of a clean, integrated (preferably roof or pillar mounted) air con unit for the rear. That is not addressed not does it seem to bother most people commenting.
More than AC for the rear, they should have worked on a chiller AC as an upgrade. Current AC is the biggest downer in the Duster. In peak summers, it just does not deliver the chill needed in the cabin.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 07:36   #23
BHPian

Contrary to what most members feel, renault has addressed the glaring shortage of essential features that the duster lacked. Auto, electric retract orvm, Acc, reversing cam wirh sensor. This makes the duster up to date atleast.

But the colours on the interior plastics are wierd to say the least and am sure will not make it to the production. I mean no sane person can be that goofy with their sense of esthetics.

But what renault ought to have done to regain its leadership is not just make the car up to date but arm it to the gills with features like suzuki and hyundai. If you had thrown in keyless go, sunroof and very importantly, a modern metre binnacle with a colour tft MID and a modern steering wheel, and probably electric seat adjust for driver, then renault, the creta would have to back off. Such an awesome product. Why not go that extra mile?
igp_79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 08:10   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masda View Post
With this "upgrade", Duster will concede a free run to the Brezza! At least, they could have done something about the power window switches that interfere with your knees while driving.

Are you saying that the revised layout on the door interferes with driving? It looks like they moved it from the centre console to the door pad. Is it still an issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by igp_79 View Post
Such an awesome product. Why not go that extra mile?

That extra mile is waiting for the 2017 Auto Expo. I don't think there's a replacement for this Duster in the horizon for Renault.
Old 5th February 2016, 08:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That extra mile is waiting for the 2017 Auto Expo. I don't think there's a replacement for this Duster in the horizon for Renault.
It will be in 2018, considering the fact that Auto expo takes place once in two years, can't expect an all new revamped next gen Duster before 2018 Q2.
Old 5th February 2016, 09:09   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Are you saying that the revised layout on the door interferes with driving? It looks like they moved it from the centre console to the door pad. Is it still an issue?
Yeah they take some getting used to as the driver's knees just rest at the edge of the power window console on the front right door. I am 5'11 and I had to adjust my driving position a bit to avoid contact with that edge. It took me a few weeks to adjust. Though now, its a non issue as I am used to it. But considering I was "upgrading" from a Brio, it did come across as an ergonomic failure initially.
Old 5th February 2016, 09:30   #27
BHPian

Now after all this fancy downgrading of the good-old duster, will this be any cheaper? I actually liked the exteriors and can probably smoke the interiors a little bit .
Old 5th February 2016, 09:38   #28
BHPian

Depressed!

No major change in the Cheap Interior feel.

Renault needs to understand that people spending 16l for the vehicle expect good interiors.
Old 5th February 2016, 09:41   #29
BHPian

The pictures surely make me believe its a teenager's car, which he has modified to fulfill his colorful dreams. I mean, who comes up such color themes and then who approves them?

But to be honest, I think this is what happens when you try to 'Jazz' up an old design/product, instead of taking the pain of building something brand new from scratch. Apart from the Climate Control and the correctly placed Power Window switches, everything else is a 'Fail'.
drive2eternity is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 09:58   #30
Senior - BHPian

Thanks GTO,

Few updates are welcome while few are not. Let's hope that Renault takes a note of not so welcome (I want to say ugly, but I otherwise love the car and its highway stability so won't) changes and take them out of the final production list.

Since you have also see the facelift from near could you please comment on

- Quality of sheet metal, has it improved a bit?
- Quality of steering, almost every Duster that I have seen shows signs of rust at the bottom most portion of steering rod
- Panel gaps?

Cheers !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed