Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2016, 10:34   #76
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster Facelift @ Auto Expo 2016

First drive reviews from the media drive are now available. Zigwheel review was more positive than ACI on the 6-speed AMT. Now need to wait for Team-bhp review to see if Renault have gotten it right.

http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...-review/24985/

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...-400786,0.aspx
trishul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 20:12   #77
BHPian

Hi,

I own a XUV 500, but when i hunted for replacement of my Optra Magnum one year back, I liked the duster more compared to XUV 500 because of it's ride. Even i tried a Volvo v40 in the same broken route but Duster's ride was still better.But I settled for XUV because I needed a 7 seater then.

I love driving fast, no exception in hilly areas too. XUV has quite a bit of roll while moving twisty roads. Couple of times I felt difficult to catch up with Maruti Swifts in the hilly route towards Munnar, in few cases I could n't beat swift, in those situation I am sure a local guy was driving it for sure. ( I am use to drive in high-ranges since last 18 years).

How do you rate the ride quality of DUster against many other models?
I had seen few reviews which rates it's ride better than most of the XUVs around.
AWD was a good attraction as it offered ESP. It's a good move to have ESP in AMT version too. ESP is a must for a fast driver. ( otherwise also it helps)

Will it be good move to leave the XUV 500 and get a new duster ? But not sure if AMT can give a nice driving pleasure when we need to accelerate faster.
Those who loves driving and mile munching, I think duster can be an easier choice over ecosport, creta and other mini SUvs.
Any pointers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Just looked at the older prices and found that the 2WD models have actually been reduced marginally. Exshowroom price for RxZ 110 2WD is 16K lesser than the outgoing model. For a decent increase in features that's pretty good.

Ofcourse the old Duster was running massive discounts and sales were plummeting so pricing it even more would have just killed it.

Even now I don't think enough has been done to justify the price vs the S-cross and Creta.

Other than the AWD variant there is no compelling reason to get a 2WD Duster.

Last edited by Tornado : 14th March 2016 at 20:20. Reason: spelling and clarity
Old 16th March 2016, 11:14   #78
BHPian

Rushlane's review is out as well. On the AMT in particular they have given a thumbs up:

"In a nutshell, the six-speed AMT gearbox works like a charm and is by far the best AMT gearbox on offer in India."

https://www.rushlane.com/renault-dus...-12190589.html
Old 16th March 2016, 13:06   #79
BHPian

Mod Note: Our Duster Facelift & AMT Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

I just can't fathom why these companies fail to launch Auto gearboxes for both FWD and AWD vehicles.

Last edited by GTO : 25th March 2016 at 15:29. Reason: Linking to report :)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks