Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2016, 12:22   #76
BHPian

Re: Budget 2016 & Indian Cars: All you need to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetodrive View Post
[/list]Thanks GTO for the information. I inquired about a XUV500 at a Mahindra showroom yesterday, and like any other black marketeer, the sales person told that cars are available in stock but they are in check to take further bookings. Is there a way we can bring this to any government authorities notice? I am not sure if M&M higher authority can take any step.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Off all the companies Mahindra guys looks to be the worst amongst others I came across recently , we had booked 3 Balero's and a Thar on 29th , filled forms and processed file for Loan and their marketing guys have since vanished - not that its going to make any difference but just shows the cheap mentality. I am very clear , if we have to pick at higher rates we will buy March manufactured, at least our money is going to Government.

Yes , there should be some way to check such hoarding practice , perhaps manufacturer need to take a lead but they will silently accept this as way of incentives to dealers.

I had booked an XUV500 in mid-Feb, and the order is messed up. It disappeared due to some glitch apparently. Anyways, the RSM called and said that since I booked in Feb, the original price applies. He said that, while Mahindra is absorbing the hike, they have been instructed not to pass on benefits like free 4th year warranty. Hence he would not be able to throw in the 4th year warranty, and I will have to pay extra. So I gently reminded him about our negotiation, where he had justified his higher price, as compared to another dealer, by saying that it included 4th year warranty.

Delivery date is still an issue though. For some reason he is feeling very shy to share the booking id/ confirmation number. I have half a mind to tweet to Mr. Mahindra now.

Cheers,
Ajay
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 13:48   #77
ISO
BANNED

Any update on post budget price of Tata Safari Storme?
Old 4th March 2016, 15:08   #78
BHPian

It's official, Mahindra just announced that they are going to hike prices by 5500-47000. But they have also mentioned it's effective April 1

Quote:
I am very clear , if we have to pick at higher rates we will buy March manufactured, at least our money is going to Government.
So you should not have problem with the price rice and should get the deal promised. I have one doubt though. Is it really possible to get a March Booked vehicle in March itself considering that they have at least a month's delay and that it has to come from Chakan. Maybe my doubt is not genuine
RaghuVis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 15:21   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
they have also mentioned it's effective April 1
If this is true than indeed a proactive step by Mahindra and should be applauded , I don't think Dealers can go without sales for whole of month and they can't charge increased prices due to absence of revised MRP. Can you forward link of this news ?
Quote:
Is it really possible to get a March Booked vehicle in March
we are not in hurry , I want to convey that if we have to pay higher rates then better wait for a while and pick something which is billed at higher duties by manufacturer.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 16:05   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
It's official, Mahindra just announced that they are going to hike prices by 5500-47000. But they have also mentioned it's effective April 1
But their Scorpio website is already showing the increased price. Earlier the price for S10 4WD in Trivandrum was 14,03,XXX now it is 14,45,558.
lal79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 16:12   #81
BHPian

Quote:
If this is true than indeed a proactive step by Mahindra and should be applauded , I don't think Dealers can go without sales for whole of month and they can't charge increased prices due to absence of revised MRP. Can you forward link of this news ?
The link : http://www.ibtimes.co.in/budget-impa...april-1-669379

There was one more link which has now been taken down!
RaghuVis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 19:07   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda India updates its pricing,

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1502
Size:  84.8 KB

Source: HCIL

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th March 2016 at 19:09.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 21:20   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There was one more link which has now been taken down
This is correct , except for KUV 100 , prices of all other products will increase from 1st April , they have done something which no other manufacturers has done in past , look at Skoda , Honda - announcing new prices immediately completely forgetting about their customers interests - just trying to incentivise there dealers .

wonder how Mahindra dealers are going to behave , the one at chandigarh who gave us proforma has not turned up yet , I will surely go elsewhere and if required involve Mahindra - at-least manufacturer has right intents.

Quote ::

In absolute terms, prices will go up by Rs 5,500 to Rs 47,000, depending on the model and prevailing prices," Mahindra Chief Executive for passenger car business, Praveen Shah told PTI here today.

He, however, added that KUV100, launched mid-January will attract new prices with immediate effect. While the petrol model will be costlier by 1%, the diesel model will be dearer by 2.5%.

http://www.business-standard.com/art...0400555_1.html

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th March 2016 at 21:28.
Old 4th March 2016, 22:21   #84
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I booked the Honda City V MT today with Arya Honda, Prabhadevi, Mumbai at the pre-budget prices since they already had the car in stock. Initially, I was told I will have to book it as per the new prices. But after a lot of negotiation, cracked the deal with a corporate discount as well.
Old 4th March 2016, 22:23   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
The link : http://www.ibtimes.co.in/budget-impa...april-1-669379

There was one more link which has now been taken down!
Quote:
This is correct , except for KUV 100 , prices of all other products will increase from 1st April , they have done something which no other manufacturers has done in past , look at Skoda , Honda - announcing new prices immediately completely forgetting about their customers interests - just trying to incentivise there dealers .

wonder how Mahindra dealers are going to behave , the one at chandigarh who gave us proforma has not turned up yet , I will surely go elsewhere and if required involve Mahindra - at-least manufacturer has right intents.

Quote ::

In absolute terms, prices will go up by Rs 5,500 to Rs 47,000, depending on the model and prevailing prices," Mahindra Chief Executive for passenger car business, Praveen Shah told PTI here today.

He, however, added that KUV100, launched mid-January will attract new prices with immediate effect. While the petrol model will be costlier by 1%, the diesel model will be dearer by 2.5%.

http://www.business-standard.com/art...0400555_1.html
Fantastic news! But this goes completely contrary to what my dealer said couple of days back. Per him the prices were to be hiked immediately. Will talk to him tomorrow and update here.
Old 5th March 2016, 04:30   #86
BHPian

Quote:
If this is true than indeed a proactive step by Mahindra and should be applauded , .
Hi Turbanator,

If they have decided to levy the additional taxes from April 1st, would you recommend me to go ahead and pick up the XUV500/ wait for the HEXA which would be launched in June.

Also, is there any time frame for the implementation of GST, which would possibly reduce the OTR prices of vehicles.
Old 5th March 2016, 06:05   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
would you recommend me to go ahead and pick up the XUV500/ wait for the HEXA which would be launched in June.
Your location shows as Seattle , are you coming back or need for your family, perhaps you should think more towards the new Innova which should be here by May / June. If you have any budgetary constraints as noted from your other posts, current Innova can also be considered which must have some offers. But if you must choose between Mahindra & Hexa probably XUV will make more sense - its kind of second version and most of issues will be settled by now.
Quote:
is there any time frame for the implementation of GST, which would possibly reduce the OTR prices of vehicles.
That's difficult to answer given the political uncertainties, last I heard they may rename excise & central taxes to C-GST before going to a full GST regime but even if GST is implemented, given the overall demands from states it might not result in anything getting cheaper. As of now most manufacturers are selling cars to dealerships on CST @ 2% against C form, post GST this 2 % should become C-GST ( Central GST ) or whatever they term but given the overall inflationary trends I doubt you should postpone your purchase too far.

So if it has to be an XUV , better pick right away at pre-budget prices

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th March 2016 at 06:07.
Old 5th March 2016, 07:07   #88
BHPian

What m&m did it similar to Renault who held their price cards for Duster inspite of increase in features and cess. The net savings on Duster are to the tune of 1 lac at least for the top model. I was very annoyed on the budget day but after such bold moves by manufacturers it gives me confidence to try their products. Wait is still on for brezza and if they price it correctly my cheque book is ready. If not then I might pick up the updated XUV 5OO.
Old 5th March 2016, 12:57   #89
Senior - BHPian

This budget is definitely going to pinch the pockets of the prospective new car buyers. Some might put the new car buying plans on hold as well.

I mean paying extra 50,000 for a Honda City in terms of taxes is so cruel when the same amount could have been spent on upgrading the alloys or the ICE!

I hope they focus more on the traffic management/pollution management rather than just preventing people from buying cars by raising taxes.
Old 5th March 2016, 14:07   #90
BHPian

I talked to my dealer today and he says they have already received the hiked price list from Mahindra to be applicable immediately!

I forwarded the new articles to him and he said he is going to clarify with management and get back to me. Meanwhile I have also written to Mahindra customer care for clarification.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks