Team-BHP - Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/173832-rumour-honda-india-launch-hr-v-14.html)

Considering the next gen City will launch in early 2020, Honda has to launch the HRV during this festive season.

I was hoping that Honda will launch it with the 1.8L from the Civic. If it's the 1.5L, then they might be able to price it better. But then, prices might overlap with that of the City and there is a possibility of many buyers cross-shopping.

They'll probably launch it with the 1.5. With the 1.8, pricing will surely be north of 20L. Honda isn't one to give multiple engine options, which would have been pretty great as it'll them to have a big price bandwidth where they slot in and thereby garner higher numbers.

Going by the recent past of Honda in India I’m sure they will somehow overprice the car and skimp on features/variant.

Having sat in the HRV in Singapore the car looks good though. Are they going to bring the facelifted model or the previous generation model ?

Well, maybe it's a sign of an upcoming Diwali launch - here are some more recent spy shots from AutoToday. Knowing Honda, I wouldn't be so optimistic about the pricing, irrespective of the engine they're going to employ.

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-auto_image__1770x433.jpeg

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-auto_image__3x675-1.jpg

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-img_20190716_113008.jpg

I was discussing with one of the sales team members of a dealership we usually take our our Brio for service to.

I asked him about the offers for the BR-V and the if it's worth waiting at all for the HR-V. He seemed to be quite confident that the launch would be in Q4 of 2019.

Appears Honda has finally realised they have a serious market to tap into, given the response to recent launches and past successes.

The point is, if it's going to be a CKD based approach, like some members have reported learning, we can expect it to be priced beyond the Civic and already discount it from the sales charts!

Honda’s All-New Amaze Based SUV Could Replace WR-V in 2022

Quote:

Honda Cars India is reported to be finalizing the suppliers for the compact SUV as high local content would mean that it will be priced aggressively against rivals like Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Mahindra XUV300, Tata Nexon and Ford EcoSport.
This is besides the HRV that Honda is slated to launch next year.

Link

I tried asking Honda, looks like the plans aren't official yet ...

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-honda_hrv.jpg

In the meantime, Honda unveils the HR-V Mugen facelift at the ongoing GAIKINDO Indonesia International Auto Show (GIIAS)

Quote:

Honda HRV is a mid-sized compact SUV. It is on sale in many countries around the world. It has been spied on test in India as well, where it is expected to be launched by Diwali 2019. At the ongoing GIIAS 2019 show, Honda has showcased the facelifted HRV Mugen.
Quote:

Mugen is the official parts tuner, and modifier for Honda cars. Mugen is short for Mugen Motorsports. It was founded by Hirotoshi Honda back in 1973. He is the son of Honda founder Soichiro Honda. Mugen is a Japanese word, in English it means – Without Limit / Unlimited / Vast.

Speaking about the 2019 HRV Mugen facelift, it is based on the 1.5 liter Special Edition variant. In comparison to standard HRV, the 2019 Honda HRV Mugen receives subtle updates. Usually, Mugen cars come with thick silver bar with Mugen badging in the center front. No such thing is found in the HRV Mugen 2019.

Instead there is a thick chrome grill with the H emblem. The updated model also sports grey front bumper extensions, rear bumper and side skirts while it sits on 17” two tone alloy wheels fitted with 215/55 tyres. The Mugen moniker is seen at the front wing and also in the form of a decal on the headlamp opening. The rear spoiler is finished in silver while the HR-V Mugen also sports a shark fin antenna at the rear.

More Mugen accents are seen on its interiors with Mugen floor mats and an emblem above the transmission lever. Apart from these updates, the rest of the interiors of the 2019 Honda HR-V Mugen continue in the same design as seen on the standard HR-V.

Quote:

2019 Honda HR-V Mugen, based on the 1.5 liter Special Edition is powered by two engine options. The 1.5 liter engine offers 120 PS power and 145 Nm torque while the larger 1.8 liter engine is capable of 139 PS power and 169 Nm torque.

2019 Honda HR-V Mugen is limited to 250 units and is available in six colours of White Orchid Pearl, Crystal Black Pearl, Lunar Silver Metallic, Modern Metallic Steel, Dark Metallic and Red Rallye. It will be priced at Rp. 344 million (Rs 17 lakhs) for the Red Rallye edition while other colours in metallic or pearl accents are an additional Rp. 1.5 million, and is hence priced at Rp. 345.5 million (Rs 17.1 lakhs).

The new HR-V Mugen bookings are now open and can be ordered at the 2019 GIIAS or via Honda dealerships throughout Indonesia. Honda HR-V 1.5 liter has been on sale since January 2015 and has recorded sales of 118,966 units in Indonesia. The HR-V also received Car of the Year from the AUTOMOTIF Award and the Automotive Journalists Award Forum in 2015. It will next launch in India, where it will take on Hyundai Creta, Maruti S-Cross in the segment.
Source: Rushlane

Here's an unofficial compilation of the much anticipated crossover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i0sHg9RHnY

I hope Honda does a City with the HR-V - offer multiple AT trims, including a top of the line variant

Source: YouTube, Motor India

Honda HRV on hold as per a conversation I had today with a Honda dealer who did not wish to be named. He said that due to launch price of Kia Seltos and MG Hector and Hyundai Venue, Honda is unable to match the price and features and therefore has decided to delay launch so that it can study the market.

Personally I wonder what more is left to study ? I told the dealer from being market leaders they're just followers now, he agreed and said Honda is just giving what works, there's no innovation or race to launch latest tech first in the market and they have told Honda that internally but they also don't know what else to do. Sad that a company like Honda can't figure out Indian car market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by M00M (Post 4634355)
Sad that a company like Honda can't figure out Indian car market.

They should have launched the HRV way back when there was much lesser competition in the segment. It's true that they cannot match up with the Seltos/ Hector. I have been watching a few videos and found the dashboard layout to be boring. Even if it has the practicality and quality, it won't matter much to the masses and it will be a failure. Further, it might look outdated in front of the next gen City.

If this info is indeed true, then I think Honda might be planning to launch the next gen HRV here.

Frankly, there is no point in launching the current gen HRV now which is already near the end of its lifecycle, particularly with flashy new launches like the Hector and Seltos which are loaded to the gills.
If Honda is serious about the Indian market, it needs to launch new exciting products alongside the global launch. India can no longer be an after-thought. If Honda continues in the current way, they will be going the Fiat/Chevrolet/Nissan way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by M00M (Post 4634355)
Honda HRV on hold as per a conversation I had today with a Honda dealer who did not wish to be named.

Oh really?! I recently asked for a TD of the BR-V CVT, which is closest you can get to the HR-V, to be able to compare that with Seltos Petrol IVT.

This was about 2-3 weeks ago and the SA sounded confident that the HR-V is slated for a late 2019 launch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover (Post 4634475)
If this info is indeed true, then I think Honda might be planning to launch the next gen HRV here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adimicra (Post 4634539)
If Honda is serious about the Indian market, it needs to launch new exciting products alongside the global launch. India can no longer be an after-thought. If Honda continues in the current way, they will be going the Fiat/Chevrolet/Nissan way.

I believe the plan was to launch the 2019 edition, right? The upper end of the variants are well loaded, but can't match the onslaught of the Korean and Chinese stables.

The current gen isn't a 'connected car' like the competition and that'll be a serious chink in the armour. I think although it was slated to launch by the festive season, Honda might have just pressed pause worried with the onslaught of the Chinese and the Koreans.

It seems some portals are expecting a Diwali launch.
Any updates? I guess Honda will launch the HRV in 2019 with the same engine/gearbox combo as the Civic. That also means it will be priced higher - between the Creta and the Compass. I wonder what will the USP of the HRV over the Creta/Seltos, other than it being a Honda.

http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/h...pass-in-india/