Team-BHP - Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/173832-rumour-honda-india-launch-hr-v-15.html)

if Honda is going to price it around 20 then it might be another dead on arrival case. With likes of Hector/Seltos priced better with more features Honda will be left fumbling around with the only USP as I-Vtec engine from the Civic. Only this engine is also a decade old design updated for the new emission norms. I will suggest to Honda to bring this product only if it can price it around 12-18 lacs segment else they are better off not having it at all. They could instead upgrade the WRV with better specs and features and a new hybrid engine which is expected in the next City.

At a time of auto industry slowdown and at a time when Hector and Seltos, have set a new trend and aggressive pricing (more for Hector), Honda has no option other than to bring in a featuristic and futuristic car at an aggressive pricing. I also doubt if they would bring in the Autobox from word go. Also hoping they are launching BS6 compliant and not ready cars.

Honda, if they have any plans of seeing good volumes during this tough period, have to bring in a A game car at competent prices. Else it is Dead on Arrival with only a few Honda loyalist buying these. Car will then join the list of Mobilio, BRV, CRV and WRV, in terms of numbers.

If it's priced on par with the Seltos and Hector , it'll still be a hard sell as the other two have a long feature list with the advantage of being 'connected cars'. The Honda design also seems a bit dated. It remains to be seen what Honda brings on the table.

I don't think Honda can do anything in the near future. I looked at the international pricing and given the HRV will be imported (CKD), aggressive pricing is ruled out. There's no way it can match the Seltos or Creta in pricing. What they can probably do is position it as a more premium compact SUV with powerful engines (1.5 turbo, 180 bhp) and premium interiors (leather, panoramic sunroof). And position the car against Jeep Compass. It won't do huge volumes but can do 500-1000 units which will be respectable considering the segment and help in brand positioning. I hope Honda starts getting their new global models from 2020 at the time of their launch with latest technology like hybrids or powerful turbo-petrols etc

Just read in Autocar that Project HRV in India is shelved and the vendors are going to be compensated. What a waste of a good car by the indecisiveness of Honda. RIP ☹️

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesilentone (Post 4647799)
Just read in Autocar that Project HRV in India is shelved and the vendors are going to be compensated. What a waste of a good car by the indecisiveness of Honda. RIP ☹️

As others have mentioned, this vehicle at this speculated price would have made no sense. Its a good decision in my opinion.

Its already too late and Honda need to reinvent fast.

This came in my Google feed today. Article is from IndiaAuto.com

Next-Gen Honda HR-V Could be India-bound to Rival Seltos and Creta

Source

A vague article though. No words from Honda. But, something to rekindle the thought process inside Honda. Hope they listen to the market and bring this.please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by saisree (Post 4754508)

Next-Gen Honda HR-V Could be India-bound to Rival Seltos and Creta
Hope they listen to the market and bring this.please:

Honda is not bringing HRV to India and even it does it's too late. I don't even have 1% confidence that they can win in the current market. Simply because too late and cannot cope up with competition like Kia, Hyundai. Please read the link below.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...r-v-india.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRAND23 (Post 4754583)
Please read the link below.

Yeah, I know this thread. As I stated earlier, Its just to rekindle that thought of having that HRV in our roads.

Quote:

I don't even have 1% confidence that they can win in the current market. Simply because too late and cannot cope up with competition like Kia, Hyundai

There is nothing called late. You have to be there before the trend wades away. It's all about creating the right noise when launched. I used HRV in Singapore and its just WOW. It's beautiful and has a nice compliant ride. Honda has to kit it with the features on par with the current offerings and release it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saisree (Post 4754508)
A vague article though. No words from Honda. But, something to rekindle the thought process inside Honda. Hope they listen to the market and bring this.please:

Looks interesting but we need to wait for some Official Response from Honda. As this is the next generation HR-V there is a possibility IMHO.

Quote:

Honda is not bringing HRV to India and even it does it's too late. I don't even have 1% confidence that they can win in the current market. Simply because too late and cannot cope up with competition like Kia, Hyundai.

I do not believe they are too late. They are late for sure but as it stands there is no true competition yet to the Seltos/Creta in that segment which are more or less twins. The rest of the SUVs are much longer such as the Hector/Harrier/XUV500. Also Honda can easily win over the Seltos/Creta given their strength of making spacious cars. Not everyone goes for just gizmos which is the selling point of the Seltos. So there is definetely space for more companies to enter this segment. Even VW/Skoda will have their SUVs selling in this segment only next year with the Skoda Vision IN (Expected Launch: Diwali 2020) and VW Taigun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saisree (Post 4755097)
Honda has to kit it with the features on par with the current offerings and release it.

Ideally, Honda has to kill the already dead BRV and launch the HRV at a similar price range to have any hope of taking the fight to the Seltos.

This is great news! They need a compact SUV for sure!!
I doubt it will be positioned in Creta/Seltos territory, more like Compass/Tucson.
Nevertheless, I am happy for Honda if they really bring in this!

What else can they bring in? :)

Not sure if the Next Gen. HR-V (Vezel) is India bound, but here is the latest on the New HR-V.

Rumour: Honda India to launch HR-V-new_honda_vezel600x400.jpg

- Will arrive in 2021

- Current dimensions: 4340mm( L), 1790mm(W), and 1605mm (H) - 185 mm GC, new model will retain most but will be lowered in height to ~1600 mm.

-The power unit is equipped with 1.5L / NA gasoline, the same hybrid and the same turbo

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 4755099)

I do not believe they are too late. Also Honda can easily win over the Seltos/Creta given their strength of making spacious cars. Not everyone goes for just gizmos which is the selling point of the Seltos.

Well, I will be definitely happy if they are bringing one proper SUV to Indian market. I am not sure how Honda manages to compete with Seltos/Creta twins. But definitely making spacious will not help. Jazz is more spacious than i20, but sales are declining and moreover no next generation Jazz for us. Most of the times, Honda kills it's product by price.
Honda should bounce back with hybrid cars. Proper hybrid cars will put them in competitive advantage. As of today, they are loosing the market value and giving up their position to other manufacturers. Climbing the sales chart is not easy and once you are there you shouldn't give up. It takes lot of effort again reach to the same position.

Even Carwale has been listing the HR-V under the 'upcoming cars' list and in fact, now HR-V has been moved to the top of the list.