Team-BHP - Maruti's goodwill gesture! Early S-Cross buyer gets a Rs. 90,000 refund and 2 year extended warranty
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti's goodwill gesture! Early S-Cross buyer gets a Rs. 90,000 refund and 2 year extended warranty (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/174260-marutis-goodwill-gesture-early-s-cross-buyer-gets-rs-90-000-refund-2-year-extended-warranty-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 3934972)
When Maruti announced price cuts on the S-Cross- Many of us in team Bhp frowned on them, and empathized with the limited number of early bird buyers. Maruti has now redeemed themselves by offering the excess money back to those owners.

Ford reduced Ecosport prices by over a lakh and almost everyone here applauds this move. Don't think they would ever offer anything like this to the multitude of Ecosport owners out there. But looks like no one has complaints.

Beats me at times how same strategy by different manufacturers attract different reactions here in the forum.:eek:

I think there was a difference in the way both manufacturers were placed garnering different reactions.

The Ecosport was priced perfectly when launched and saw instant success. Ford in regular intervals increased prices initially to cash in on the profits and then later on as sales kept declining prices went up. Also remember some of these price increases were due to budget and other tax regulations.

The price cut was done as a strategy to compete with the Brezza, no doubt this would be a hard call internally at Ford.

Incase of S-cross, the 1.6L was launched at an atrocious price when compared to 1.3L as well as vs competition. They simply priced it out of the market. It completely wiped out the +ves of the car because the price was just not justifiable.

Within a few months massive discounts started and then the formal price cut was announced. So the S-cross started with a negative note vs the Ecosport.

This is what got different reactions with the price cut as it left a bitter taste. People who wanted to buy it couldn't and some settled for the 1.3L where they actually wouldn't have mind the 1.6L.

With this refund, MAruti has corrected a lot of the wrong.

Commendable gesture from the largest automobile manufacturer in India. This is exactly why they are at top. Most companies only care about how much they earn whereas Maruti keeps the customer on number one priority. Hats off!:thumbs up

This is an amazing act by Maruti.

I have personally gone through an unpleasant experience with Mahindra Reva.

I was hesitating to book E2O Jan-2015, because I had a hunch that Govt. may announce a subsidy and the price of E2O would come down substantially. Mahindra Reva promised me (in writing) that they'd compensate me for any loss due to govt. announcement of a subsidy as part of the budget 2015. And I trusted them and booked my E2O in January 31st.

Govt. did announce an 'assistance' to EVs in budget and ear marked an amount for this purpose, but did not clearly specify a subsidy for EV.

But, govt. issued the subsidy notification on April 8th, effectively providing Rs.1,24,000/- subsidy to E2O. Mahindra refused to honor their word and started talking a legal language saying there was no subsidy that was offered as part of budget in Feb/Mar, it was only given in April as a separate notice (not part of budget).

They declined to pass on this benefit to me, though the Reva prices came down by over 1lakh rupees. Even worse part was, on the day of my taking delivery (Feb 1st week), they had openly started to give a discount of Rs.1,00,000 in anticipation of budget announcement. I missed that discount too - just by a day.

This is the kind of ethics & practice that is followed by industry. Recently Ford reduced the price of Ecosport. Has any ecosport buyer been compensated if they bought it within past 6 months? Isn't it a huge value erosion for customer, when the producer devalues his product? legally they may not be bound to compensate, but would a customer trust a company that overprices or doesn't compensate for value erosion for no fault of his?

Can I ever recommend such a companies to my friends? NO.

Maruti has indeed done a commendable job. Reinforces the good brand image I have of the company. I have had multiple Maruti cars presently & in past.

I have never had a bad experience with Maruti product, though I do feel the dealership at times tries to overcharge for service by doing unnecessary things.

Nice gesture by MSILclap: Kudos to them

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkollar (Post 3935241)
Recently Ford reduced the price of Ecosport. Has any ecosport buyer been compensated if they bought it within past 6 months? Isn't it a huge value erosion for customer, when the producer devalues his product? legally they may not be bound to compensate, but would a customer trust a company that overprices or doesn't compensate for value erosion for no fault of his?

On the more practical side of things, it was feasible for Maruti to compensate its customers as S-Cross is a recently launched product and during its launch many of the potential customers did feel that the pricing was on the higher side. It is hard to expect similar gesture from ford as during the launch of ecosport, the pricing was perceived to be perfect. I do not think that the ecosport customer has ever complained of its price.:D

Superb gesture by the market leader! So Maruti launches Brezza at an awesome price, Ford reacts and reduces the ecosport prices. On the side maruti reaches out to the existing S Cross customers and refunds the money back as an awesome goodwill gesture. This puts the ball back in Brezza's court. Your move Ford :D. Also, shouldn't there be some rules for the automobile industry to compensate the existing customers in cases as such? :rules: Recent Ecosport customers must be feeling shortchanged.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dani7766 (Post 3930661)
there are things that Maruti has to sort out if they want to call it a premium car. Come on Maruti change the steering. Yes, I agree everyone does part sharing. If it's the lower variant that's getting benefitted then good (like the case of polo). But, here it's the higher variant getting lower variants parts (there is no justification for that). Those power windows switches, the switches to fold ovrm, door lock/ unlock switches, are a big headache to use in dark. Should have been illuminated. When will Maruti ever improve their wipers. Within 1000 kms my left wiper isn't wiping properly. This problem is even there in our Ritz. The wipers need replacement every service (5000 kms). In comparison, in my Jetta after 15000 kms they work like a new one. No trail, nothing. My dad's superb required replacement just once in last 4 years, that too when it met with an accident. Yes, the cost is less, probably you can replace 4 times compared to the vw wipers. But, come on when you have priced s cross above 15 lakhs and call it premium, you have to have these things right.

I am with you on this. After experiencing the huge leap in quality in the Kizashi (Indian reviewers may be biased saying it isn't that great but american reviews usually agree it is better than the Jetta and compare certain parts of the interior to acuras), I simply cannot understand why they don't implement this in their newer cars :Frustrati I too absolutely detest the steering wheel in the S-Cross/Ciaz/Baleno it just feels too narrow and too hard they could easily have given the Kizashi's steering which feels a lot chunkier and nice to the touch not to mention the better steering wheel switches. Plastics and leather used in the Kizashi also ought to have made their way to these new cars. So it's not like Suzuki cannot make good quality interiors (and wiper blades ;)) but for some odd reason they are not implementing them. I feel if they did, it would go a long way in proving their new efforts and cementing their dominance in our market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msk_kapoor (Post 3934821)
Maruti deserves a standing ovation for this gesture. I am not a fan of Maruti vehicles because of their built quality and the negligence for safety. But starting from the way they reacted to Chennai floods by offering 50% of the owners cost to restore vehicles and refunding money, they are making a difference. I till now haven't owned a Maruti, but definitely am looking forward to own one if they can come up with a proper competitor for Storme or Hexa.

Well if you're willing to lose out on the extra seats and diesel motors, the Grand Vitara is sure to impress ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by carwatcher (Post 3935067)
Yes, rightly said.
I wish to know the opinion of other BHPians regarding this.
At the same time, when I gave my wife's A-Star A/T for servicing the executive told that Maruti makes sure Kizashi's parts are available or even if they have to get them from Japan, they make sure that the spare parts arrive very very quickly. If thats true, then I must say that explains why Maruti is No.1.clap:

Yup it's true. While I can only visit one or maybe two service centers even in a metro since the others don't have trained personnel to diagnose issues, service is top notch. I can drive in whenever I feel like, and even if the workshop is filled and people are waiting in line, am typically greeted by the works manager within 5 minutes of my arrival who immediately takes time off to listen to everything I have to say and comes on a test drive, then my car is worked on by only one team of trained people who readily listen to any complaint I have about the car. The fact that specific people work on the car allows me to build a relationship with them ensuring they know how I like my car to be. Most parts are stocked in Gurgaon and take 3 days to arrive and be installed, some items that require shipping from Japan, never take more than two weeks (I once had to replace the switches for the memory seat function) they have extended many liberties to me and once even went out of their way to service my car and have it ready after closing hours on new years eve (had to force them to accept my tip for that favour) Overall, even though the car sold in lower numbers than even porsches, and thus proves a challenge to work on and diagnose issues, the service experience has been the best I could ever wish for.

Wonderful news! As a few member have pointed out earlier, Suzuki did the same with their bike, Inazuma. So this makes it 2 in a row! Wow! Talk about a company being serious about a market. :)

Exceptional response. That has what made Maruti what it is now. Never complacent and delivering customer satisfaction even when there was no competition.
This only helps build and maintain the trust

Its a welcome gesture from Maruti, and certainly will earn good will among customers and prospective customers.
This will be a kind of example for the industry,

A great customer first thinking and action.
It speaks volumes about the mindset and culture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarJunki (Post 3935465)
A great customer first thinking and action.
It speaks volumes about the mindset and culture.

The Nexa dealership is sponsoring a trip to Adlabs Imagica for all s-cross owners tomorrow morning in Pune. 2 adults and two kids sponsor by Nexa. The conditioners to drive along with all the other Scross owners to the venue.

Really excited to meet and interact with the fellow s-cross owners.

Wow! That's fantastic. An unprecedented gesture from an Indian car manufacturer. If it were from some other manufacturer, we can consider it as a trick to gain trust of customers. But this is coming from Maruti who already has almost 50% market share in India. It's really commendable.:thumbs up

Probably, they want to improve their image in premium segment. Anyway, with more competition and these kind of new firsts in the market, customer wins at the end of the day.

Now this is something!
For any business to extend such a gesture to it's customers, when it's legally not obligated to, is sure to win over lifelong customers!

Thats quite welcoming from a manufacturer, hardly seen by any other.

Wanted to know, if the 90k refund given is the maximum? Hasn't Maruti dropped price of S-Cross by 2.1 Lakhs (for top end model)?

Though this refund is not commensurate with the price drop, but the gesture is still appreciated.

Its indeed a great gesture. But I dont think it was a total surprise. Suzuki has done this earlier in India with Inazuma. This would only strengthen the trust in the brand further. Way to go!!! agree:

Quoting myself from another thread: Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoumenD (Post 3893468)
Much needed price-cut alright. But what about the folks who already plonked in their money for the S-Cross 1.6/1.3 at initial pricing? Had this been after a year or so, would have been understandable but such a huge cut within such short time definitely demands something like what they (Suzuki) did for the 'Inazuma'.

As soon as the price cut of ~1L was done, the amount was promptly refunded to the existing customers. That would further strengthen the trust in Suzuki that INDIA as a market has & automatically translate into further sales of the product . agree: