Team-BHP - Maruti's goodwill gesture! Early S-Cross buyer gets a Rs. 90,000 refund and 2 year extended warranty
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti's goodwill gesture! Early S-Cross buyer gets a Rs. 90,000 refund and 2 year extended warranty (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/174260-marutis-goodwill-gesture-early-s-cross-buyer-gets-rs-90-000-refund-2-year-extended-warranty.html)

Maruti is really focussed on differentiating with Nexa.

I am one of the early buyers of S-Cross 1.6 Alpha and I was surprised to get a cheque of INR 90K plus 2year/20000 Premium Maintenance Cost Protect package last week.

I am already impressed with my car and love every minute spent on it and frankly did not need this, but hat's off to Maruti (Nexa). They do mean business. It also assures me that my bet the 2nd time around on Maruti was well placed and S-Cross 1.6 while it may sell in low numbers is sure to stay.

Maruti's goodwill gesture! Early S-Cross buyer gets a Rs. 90,000 refund and 2 year extended warranty-image00001.jpg

Maruti's goodwill gesture! Early S-Cross buyer gets a Rs. 90,000 refund and 2 year extended warranty-image00003.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by samrata (Post 3930381)
Maruti is really focussed on differentiating with Nexa. I am one of the early buyers of S-Cross 1.6 Alpha and I was surprised to get a cheque of INR 90K plus 2year/20000 Premium Maintenance Cost Protect package last week.

Astounding!!! Did you say you got a cheque for 90 grand!?! You must've bought your car before the price correction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sou_3749 (Post 3930395)
Well the envelope came through courier directly from Maruti headquarters. As much as I understand it's Maruti's effort to compensate something for those unlucky initial buyers who paid list price. You got a 1.6 from launch time, you might receive a fatter gift.

Received mine earlier today, perhaps because mine was also a launch booking-cum-purchase. Says I'm entitled to a 2-Year/20000 KMS premium maintenance cost package.

This is the only I know of a manufacturer actually paying back in kind after the purchase has been made.

And for the first time ever, NEXA feels different!

Quote:

Maruti is really focussed on differentiating with Nexa. I am one of the early buyers of S-Cross 1.6 Alpha and I was surprised to get a cheque of INR 90K plus 2year/20000 Premium Maintenance Cost Protect package last week.
I am already impressed with my car and love every minute spent on it and frankly did not need this but hat's off to Maruti (Nexa) they do mean business. It also assures me that my bet the 2nd time round on Maruti was well placed and S-Cross 1.6 while it may sell in low numbers is sure to stay.

Wow !!! Maruti is making themselves totally different from others in Indian market. Compensating early birds with Cash / Premium maintenance program as the price got corrected at a later stage is really a wonderful gesture from the manufacturer. clap:

Another point.. This thread on S-Cross review is 11th position in terms of Number of replies. ~3600 replies are there on this thread in just 8 months. All other reviews which are ahead of this in 'no of replies' are minimum 3 years old. some of them is more than 6 years.

This shows the real interest on this beautiful machine by enthusiasts. You can hardly see any feedback on this forum where the owner has considerable dissatisfaction on the product.

Almost all are happy with the performance of the machine. Success of a car should not be measured just based on the monthly sales alone. There are some more aspects which contributes into the success factor of cars.

I consider this satisfaction among the owners and the enthusiasm on this thread also an indication of the success of the S-Cross. Definitely this is a successful machine.

Sree

Quote:

I am already impressed with my car and love every minute spent on it and frankly did not need this but hat's off to Maruti (Nexa) they do mean business. It also assures me that my bet the 2nd time round on Maruti was well placed and S-Cross 1.6 while it may sell in low numbers is sure to stay.

This kind of refund is totally unprecedented as far as my knowledge goes but a very honest and commendable gesture towards those early buyers who took the risk. Cannot deny the hints of ridicule over the early expensive decision from friends and family when the first price drops were announced.

Quote:

Wow, that's wonderful. From my experience I knew Nexa customer care is very good, unlike it's dealerships. But 90 k and 20000 premium is commendable for a 15 lakh car. That's almost 6.5% of cars value. Maruti is really serious about customer satisfaction at Nexa. Hope they improve their dealership experience. I had a horrible experience at the dealership.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sree73 (Post 3930447)

Another point.. This thread on S-Cross review is 11th position in terms of Number of replies. ~3600 replies are there on this thread in just 8 months. All other reviews which are ahead of this in 'no of replies' are minimum 3 years old. some of them is more than 6 years.

This shows the real interest on this beautiful machine by enthusiasts. You can hardly see any feedback on this forum where the owner has considerable dissatisfaction on the product.

Sree

I've already made this point. This thread is very active. Compare it to creta thread, which started almost at the same time, this thread has four time more pages. Also the ratio of actual cars sold to the bhpians owning is high. True enthusiasts car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prithvi53 (Post 3930598)
I do not know why many are jumping the gun and thinking of S-Cross getting discontinued.

S-Cross sells at an average of 2.5K units per month. It's not a very bad figure. The issue is, many tend to compare this sales figure with the supersonic figures of Swift / Swift D-Zire etc. If we look at the other side of the table and see the total sales figures of manufactures like Skoda / Fiat / Volkswagen / Ford, we can realize that the 2.5K monthly sales for a car of 10+ Lakhs, is a pretty good number. S-Cross will surely settle down on an average of 2-2.5K monthly sales and no way this product is going to be discontinued.

Exactly, why would Maruti discontinue it if it's selling 2000 cars per month. That's much more than most cars out there.

I've completed 1000 kms. The second time in full city driving with ac all time got 12kmpl (mine is 1.6 Zeta). My driving is very much start stop. So never expect more than 10. I'm loving the engine. Both are getting used to each other. I actually bought this for my wife, but I've ended up falling in love with this beauty and asked my wife to drive Jetta. But there are things that Maruti has to sort out if they want to call it a premium car. Come on Maruti change the steering. Yes, I agree everyone does part sharing. If it's the lower variant that's getting benefitted then good (like the case of polo). But, here it's the higher variant getting lower variants parts (there is no justification for that). Those power windows switches, the switches to fold ovrm, door lock/ unlock switches, are a big headache to use in dark. Should have been illuminated. When will Maruti ever improve their wipers. Within 1000 kms my left wiper isn't wiping properly. This problem is even there in our Ritz. The wipers need replacement every service (5000 kms). In comparison, in my Jetta after 15000 kms they work like a new one. No trail, nothing. My dad's superb required replacement just once in last 4 years, that too when it met with an accident. Yes, the cost is less, probably you can replace 4 times compared to the vw wipers. But, come on when you have priced s cross above 15 lakhs and call it premium, you have to have these things right.

Thanks Samrat for sharing the scans! Moving all related posts into a new thread.

Wow!! This is one of its kind news and must applaud MS for this fantastic considerate gesture!

Just one question though, is this only for 1.6 owners? Have any 1.3 owners also received the same? As I remember the prices being slashed for both. Asking this as a friend owns 1.3 Alpha and needs to know about it.

Great ! That's praiseworthy. I had posted earlier that Maruti Suzuki wont do anything for owners of S Cross who bought the car at higher price. I take back my words.
Good going Maruti, and a lesson worth learning to other car manufacturers in India.

Maruti deserves a standing ovation for this gesture. I am not a fan of Maruti vehicles because of their built quality and the negligence for safety. But starting from the way they reacted to Chennai floods by offering 50% of the owners cost to restore vehicles and refunding money, they are making a difference. I till now haven't owned a Maruti, but definitely am looking forward to own one if they can come up with a proper competitor for Storme or Hexa.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRM (Post 3934809)
Wow!! This is one of its kind news and must applaud MS for this fantastic considerate gesture!

Just one question though, is this only for 1.6 owners? Have any 1.3 owners also received the same? As I remember the prices being slashed for both. Asking this as a friend owns 1.3 Alpha and needs to know about it.

I believe the price reduction on the 1.3 powered S Cross was around 44k which is comparitively less as against the 2L price cut on the 1.6 variants. Not sure if a refund is warranted on the 1.3 but the maintenance packages maybe.

A superb move by Maruti though. This gesture would go a long way in keeping the faith of people going for Maruti even further !

Ford - Are you reading this thread ! stupid:

clap:After Suzuki doing a similar gesture for Inazuma, it's subsidiary MSIL does it for the S-Cross.
Hats-Off and take a bow, MSIL!
You have proved again, that customers really matter to you.
Seriously, other manufacturers should eat MSIL's dung in order to learn from them what customer centricity means. :Frustrati

This reminds me of a great line from Spiderman movie franchise - "With great power comes great responsibility".

Maruti is the largest in term of market share in India and no other car maker is even close, Hyundai is second with ~17% market share, as compared to Maruti's ~46% and then the market leader comes up with a goodwill gesture like this. This restores the faith of people in the brand and I can assume many people will appreciate this and will help Maruti in the long term.

Till then:Cheering:

Well, Suzuki has done this in the past in India, when they refunded money to the Inazuma motorcycle owners after the prices were reduced on that bike.

Wow!! I wish I could fish out my comments I had given in one of the threads earlier that MSIL should not forget the early buyers. Although I don't own one, I could somehow relate to the emotions of early bird customers. There were lots of comments that a lot of people like me are emotional people and live far from reality. Well some emotions do Connect and how clap:

Extremely clever move by MSIL because there was no other reason for MSIL to do this other than customer satisfaction and I am pretty much sure if this was not NEXA, they would not have gone ahead with this gesture. They are pretty serious about NEXA for sure. Dealer level discounts in the range of 80-90K had started within the third month of launch. In the first 2 months, they have sold close to 6K and among them there might be at most of 2000 1.6 ones. So they might end up spending 18-20 Crores with this exercise. I was just researching the cost of a front page AD in a premium news paper all over India. Most of the people rate it at approx 1.25-1.5 Crores per page! So spending 20 Crores to existing customers and earning their trust and goodwill is going to be much more fruitful than this for sure. This is a lifetime acknowledgement!!

PS: For those who think FORD should take a cue from MSIL for ecosport , well now it's my turn to say please live close to reality! lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pannags (Post 3930422)

Received mine earlier today, perhaps because mine was also a launch booking-cum-purchase. Says I'm entitled to a 2-Year/20000 KMS premium maintenance cost package.

Hi Pannags,

What was your cheque amount? when did you buy the car? i got mine end of October, don't think I am getting anything :( more , but I had already been given 60k off when I got mine so I guess its ok.
Anyways cant be greedy when have such a fabulous car to drive everyday.
Kudos to Nexa and Suzuki, this is simply unheard of clap: