Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2016, 21:25   #31
BHPian

Re: Frank Schloeder appointed as acting President of BMW India

Hello Everyone,

I have been waiting patiently for BMW to launch a petrol 3 series for a long time.
Some dealers are saying that the launch is close, but have no information on the engine variant.

One dealer said that the petrol engine 3 series would be launched in prestige and luxury line variants.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10th May 2016, 13:49   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One dealer said that the petrol engine 3 series would be launched in prestige and luxury line variants.
Already on way - and you will get German CBU at costs of CKD - grab one before they sell initial lot

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-5-series.html

Quote:
Let's wait and watch for surprises from BMW india this year.
yes , can see many 3 & 5 but sadly all for volume driven market , any idea if they have any plans for 6 cylinder Petrol for 5 / 7 if you can share.

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th May 2016 at 13:51.
Old 11th May 2016, 00:36   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Already on way - and you will get German CBU at costs of CKD ...

yes , can see many 3 & 5 but sadly all for volume driven market , any idea if they have any plans for 6 cylinder Petrol for 5 / 7 if you can share.
I foresee them coming. Especially in the SUV line-up. It would be miopic for BMW to offer petrols in just to models. Rest would follow.

For what I know that securing engine release from HQ is a big task. So, better start with what you can handle.

Also, it would be a PR disaster if BMW kick starts its petrol strategy with bigger gasoline mills in its model line up. Tree hugging is the flavour of the day and I guess that's the game they play!
Old 16th May 2016, 16:47   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Pardon me if I'm mistaken, but I believe BMW does not have a single petrol car in their line-up, barring the M cars and the Minis of course. Let's hope Frank Schloeder's appointment changes that. I'd certainly like to see more interesting cars from the BMW stable, like the 430i / 435i / 440i Grand Coupe - a car that I believe, could take the fight to the Audi S5 Sportback.
Now the petrol car will be made available in the NCR region. Slowly they will be made available throughout India as well. Cheers Mate
mustangboss302 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 04:32   #35
BHPian

I wouldn't keep hopes high for 6 cylinder Turbo models for the reason they don't work on regular fuel. Owned a Z4, sold it and the new owner goes and fills her up with regular, enjoys a check engine light and some big repairs too I hear. Same with the 535i, needs 97 or knocks, untidy idle (light shudder). Two different engines. For the 535i, they service guys knew the issues with a car running on regular fuel.

Not an issue with any of BMWs NA 6 AFAIK but they don't make those anymore.
Old 17th May 2016, 08:02   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I wouldn't keep hopes high for 6 cylinder Turbo models for the reason they don't work on regular fuel
Are you positive on this ? I was recently considering picking M5 - 8 cylinder and they will tell me to use regular fuel plus occasional BMW additives. Isn't our regular fuel 93 octane standard these days ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks