Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2016, 13:32   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Scoop Pics! Maruti Alto 800 Facelift caught. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.49 lakhs

Maruti Suzuki's Alto 800.Face lift coming soon. Spied before its launch. launch expected in 2nd week of May before Datsun's Redi-Go launch!

Will it under cut the speculated pricing of Datsun's Redo-GO?

Scoop Pics! Maruti Alto 800 Facelift caught. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.49 lakhs-2016marutisuzukialtofacelift1696x435.jpg
Scoop Pics! Maruti Alto 800 Facelift caught. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.49 lakhs-2016marutisuzukialtofaceliftwhite2.jpg
Scoop Pics! Maruti Alto 800 Facelift caught. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.49 lakhs-2016marutisuzkialtofaceliftrear2.jpg
Scoop Pics! Maruti Alto 800 Facelift caught. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.49 lakhs-2016alto800facelift3.jpg

http://gaadiwaadi.com/maruti-suzuki-...o-know-221303/

Last edited by GTO : 7th May 2016 at 12:41. Reason: Moving out to a new thread :). Thanks for sharing!
volkman10 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 12:42   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Scoop Pics! Maruti Alto 800 Facelift caught. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.49 lakhs

Mod Note: Scoop pics moved out to a new thread. Thanks for sharing, Volkman10
Old 7th May 2016, 14:17   #3
BHPian

re: Scoop Pics! Maruti Alto 800 Facelift caught. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.49 lakhs

why spoil something that looks decent Maruti Suzuki?
poor car appears scared because of the facelift
Old 7th May 2016, 14:32   #4
NPX
BHPian

i am scared that Maruti Suzuki will continue to sell this yet another ugly iteration of Alto for 4-5 years and launch JDM Alto with another name, again.

hope maruti suzuki proves me wrong
Old 7th May 2016, 17:55   #5
BHPian

I just came back from a trip to Gangtok and Darjeeling. I was surprised to see the number of altos and Wagon R especially in Gangtok. Infact i hired an Alto for local sight seeing and was surprised by the way it handled the hills. Including the young driver there were four of us and Alto did not show any strain. This is 800cc by the way.

Maruti may throw its worst designer's on this car, it will still sell like hot cakes for its reliability and durability factor.

I came across the young driver who made some easy and practical modifications to the car to make it more comfortable.

One such change was the handrest. The young guy glued together those hard foam that comes in TV or Airconditioner packing in the shape of a block and squeezed it in between the seats. Trust me I found them very practical and comfortable. Infact i plan to add one such handrest to my Fiesta and top it up with cloth or leather or rexin. Will post it once its done.

Also i believe the rear seats in the alto are low and he had a 2 inch removeable cushion added to the back seat and my family found it very comfortable. Infact what was surprising was it was not resulting in folks hitting their head against the roof.

Last edited by Chillout : 7th May 2016 at 17:58.
Chillout is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 18:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

While a facelift is required every 2-3 years for any car, but doing facelift just for the sake of it must not be the approach. Maruti Alto is such a capable vehicle, we gifted Alto in 2008 to our elder sister in her marriage and the car is still the same even after being over 7 years old. How I wish, Maruti designers improved that design instead of creating something like this.

Awaiting next generation Alto/WagonR and hoping their would be some revolution in the design.
bluevolt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 18:44   #7
BHPian

The face of this facelift looks very Punto-Evo-ish to me. The super-aerodynamic bumper and super-attractive headlights make me feel so.

The Suzuki logo would have looked better on the upper part (upper air dam?) of the grill. Maruti should have focussed on things like seperate headrests and moving more features to the lower variants instead of messing up with the not-bad face, just for the sake of a facelift. One thing is for sure, hexagonal grill fever is on!

Good thing is that there is a provision for foglamps, which was missing in the earlier type.
Old 7th May 2016, 19:07   #8
BHPian

I have a 50K 2011 Alto LXi model, and the more Maruti changes its looks, the more I love the first Alto look. The current version looks like a tall-boy design that is not tall. I don't understand why Maruti is trying to fend off Kwid with Alto when it should really focus on either Celerio and WagonR to challenge Kwid.
PNTLovesNano is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 23:09   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTLovesNano View Post
I have a 50K 2011 Alto LXi model, and the more Maruti changes its looks, the more I love the first Alto look.
I have an alto 800 at home and cant agree more. The original alto looked the best along with its alto k10 sibling. The newer alto 800 and k10 dont have the neat lines of the previous generation.

And coming to the actual thread discussion, i dont think i know what to say about this update. the side and rear profile seems unaltered while the front seems confused somehow. But yeah, fog lamps might come in handy.
Old 7th May 2016, 23:29   #10

The newer maruti designs, alto and celerio seems little weird to my taste, specially the front section. The facelift pictures seems to be more towards traditional design.
I would really like to see what other internal changes they are doing as part of the facelift!

Thanks for sharing the pictures !
Old 8th May 2016, 15:06   #11
BHPian

The grill area now looks even more like the old Ford Figo!
Scoop Pics! Maruti Alto 800 Facelift caught. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.49 lakhs-2016alto800facelift3.jpg
Scoop Pics! Maruti Alto 800 Facelift caught. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.49 lakhs-p1010600.jpg
Deep Blue is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 10:36   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki facing the heat of the new launches from competition decides on releasing the facelift Alto 800 as a stop gap arrangement before the launch of the Gen Next Alto.
Scoop Pics! Maruti Alto 800 Facelift caught. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.49 lakhs-1.jpg

Launching In May 2016, the car is now fully spied at the dealers stockyard in Goa.

Quote:
The Alto 800 facelift gets a new front with a new design bumper which is more squares and gets a large black trapezoidal shaped air damp with vertical slats. There is also provision for fog lamps which is not there in the current model. There is also no chrome element on the grille and the logo is now placed on the bumper unlike on the grille between the bumper and bonnet in the current model.

The headlamps get slight tweaking with orange elements and the car look a bit more promising than the pre-facelift model. There are no changes to the side and rear of the car. The interiors are also untouched except for the lighter shade of cloth used on the door panels.
Scoop Pics! Maruti Alto 800 Facelift caught. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.49 lakhs-2.jpg
Scoop Pics! Maruti Alto 800 Facelift caught. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.49 lakhs-3.jpg
Scoop Pics! Maruti Alto 800 Facelift caught. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.49 lakhs-5.jpg
Scoop Pics! Maruti Alto 800 Facelift caught. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.49 lakhs-6.jpg
Scoop Pics! Maruti Alto 800 Facelift caught. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.49 lakhs-4.jpg
Scoop Pics! Maruti Alto 800 Facelift caught. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.49 lakhs-8.jpg
Scoop Pics! Maruti Alto 800 Facelift caught. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.49 lakhs-9.jpg
Scoop Pics! Maruti Alto 800 Facelift caught. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.49 lakhs-7.jpg

http://www.autosarena.com/maruti-suz...d-launch-soon/

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th May 2016 at 10:37.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 11:29   #13
AYP
Senior - BHPian

The new grill gives it an angry and aggressive look compared to the old model.
Also, the new stereo system looks like an OEM fitment now.
Old 11th May 2016, 13:09   #14
BHPian

To be honest, a car enthusiast will be easily able to differentiate between current gen Alto800 and this face lifted model.

However, for the masses, especially who are not car enthusiasts, for them there is no differentiation from the current gen and face lifted model.
An Alto is an Alto for them

I have come across people who cannot differentiate between AltoK10 and Alto800. Not complaining about them, however Maruti needs to seriously re-think about so called 'face-lift- models.
By simply stickering a car, or changing the front grill cannot be a face lift IMO.
pankajn1702 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 14:02   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajn1702 View Post
I have come across people who cannot differentiate between AltoK10 and Alto800. Not complaining about them, however Maruti needs to seriously re-think about so called 'face-lift- models.
By simply stickering a car, or changing the front grill cannot be a face lift IMO.
That's the whole point, isn't it? The basic shell should remain more or less the same, but some minor design changes or addition / deletion of features are given, to advertise as a facelift, and draw some public attention.
For the untrained eyes, it is difficult to spot the differences between pre & post facelifted versions. Consider the VW Polo / Vento - these cars have gone through innumerable facelifts, but still the general public will not see much differences between the latest Polo and the oldest Polo. For that matter, many can't say much difference from outside between the 1st Gen Swift and the current Swift! Or the difference between different cars of Tata (Indica/Vista/Bolt/Aria & Indigo/Manza/Zest)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks